Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#433708 - 07/01/17 09:12 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Comment copied from Korg Forum:
"I've noticed a BIG improvement in the conversion of MIDI songs into Styles. It does a very nice job now and really captures the chord progressions much better."

Hmmm I may have to commission my buddy Steve to convert some styles for me ... which reminds me - I have to do domething for HIM !!! ... redface

#433711 - 07/01/17 09:21 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
"I've noticed a BIG improvement in the conversion of MIDI songs into Styles. It does a very nice job now and really captures the chord progressions much better."

Hmmm I may have to commission my buddy Steve to convert some styles for me ... which reminds me - I have to do domething for HIM !!! ... redface

TONY call Frank & get a PA4X Now!!!! dance

Edited by Dnj (07/01/17 09:22 AM)

#433723 - 07/01/17 01:41 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

I tried converting 2 tunes this morning and have to say it has improved quite a bit.

#433724 - 07/01/17 01:42 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

I loaded the new OS late last night it was close to midnight when it was completed. It took about 40 minutes to install and that was after about another 30 minutes to download the huge files and read thru the directions on "how to" install. I haven't had any time to explore every new feature but what a nice upgrade. I already started doing some tweaking i.e. loading back my Songbook, changing style locations of the new styles since some of my own favorite styles got overwritten with the upgrade. Overall it was a very smooth non-problematic upgrade. The key is to carefully follow the directions in the pdf file and SAVE SAVE SAVE your configuration.

Steve glad to hear it went smoothly KORG has done it again ....looking forward to hearing about your experiences using the new features too thanx!!

Donny,

Will do but have a busy weekend and won't get much time with the Pa4x.

#433725 - 07/01/17 02:02 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
As is the case with most updates....they fix bugs...

This Korg update appears to finally correct blatant mis leading features
for years...

One of the main reasons you will not find a Korg in my stable grin

Korg has always mislead folks that the PA series showed chords in files... it did not unless the chords were embedded..
Roland for nearly 20 years has extracted chords from files.

Finally if true Korg has solved their extraction problem..

Also Roland's extraction is one of the benefits that make the Roland harmonizer.. what I call a smart vocal harmonizer. . No need to set the harmony voicing or channel for transmitting data...

If you guys look closer you will also find that Korg is trying to cover the many flaws in the PA os...and features that are not up to par even with the much lower priced E-A7.

It is always nice that we can update our keyboards,,, when they add new features and styles/sounds..it is twice as nice..
Fixing bugs will always be the number one purpose to update..

Yamaha doesn't have a clue about any of this frown

#433726 - 07/01/17 02:21 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Fran thanx for opening our eyes on this...

#433727 - 07/01/17 03:06 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran thanx for opening our eyes on this...

I guess that is why Roland is the number manufacturer of arranger keyboards. smile

#433728 - 07/01/17 03:53 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I always wonder why folks are closed minded when someone suggest a different opinion..

I have done extensive comparisons over the years, and when I mention something it is the truth..

Also I am aware of great players that were not happy with the Korg acoustic piano..too thumpy smile

I was very much interested in the PA900, but it's failures were too evident....
There is no way I would be without a keyboard that reads (extracts) chords from SMF's..

I could have put up with some inferior features on the PA900...but not the chord extract.

They claimed to have improved the GM playback... didn.t happen..
The median player had problems.. everyone's answer .. blame the file.

The keyfeel, and touch screen were tempting... but it couldn't cut it. smile

I went ahead and bought the E-A7 sight unseen.... after comparing to the PA4x I know I made the wiser purchase wink

Guys just investigate what I stated ... find out for yourself... think for yourself... grin

Why are there so many Korg PA4x and PA900 for sale.... looks like a lot of dumping to me.... Maybe others found what I know... smile

Ask someone that sold their Korg... why?

Ketron just may be the one to check out ... again cool

Edited by Fran Carango (07/01/17 03:55 PM)

#433729 - 07/01/17 04:08 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Fran you and I have one thing in common. You have stayed with Roland for a long time. You love the keyboard. I have done the same thing with Technics. I really loved the keyboard. If there was a Kn8000 I would have it.

The Pa4x has put the Kn7000 to sleep – (for me) with whatever flaws it may have I am 110% more than satisfied. Why? Because it allows me to do what I want to do, and much more.

My mind is open so I may get a Roland E A7. Every keyboard has something to offer.

John C.
Ps, I owned a Roland arranger keyboard many years ago. In fact three men in my keyboard group also bought one. We all sold our Roland keyboards because of the OS. It was unfriendly because we were looking for another version of the Technics OS.

#433732 - 07/01/17 04:45 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Steve A]
Duane O Offline

Loc: Ridgecrest, California, USA
can't wait to update, but have to wait till end of July when we have some open space between gigs.

Duane Od

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online