SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#433620 - 06/30/17 10:05 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
A lot of the new features, style, sounds seem to be aimed at more modern music, but there are quite a few new features that will satisfy us old farts too.

#433622 - 06/30/17 10:11 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
This looks amazing! Be aware that this update is so big that you will need to save your USER data, styles, songbook, etc., as everything will be erased and updated. You can load it back later.
I'm afraid to do it today as I have a big party to work tomorrow, but I'll get to it Sunday night and have almost a week to get it sorted.
One feature I will love as that the midi-to-style converter will now accept Chord Sequences! This will present almost unlimited Style creation possibilities.
Can't wait to get it installed!
Also, Korg has released 62 new FREE styles designed to work with the new update!

Where it comes to updates, its in geberal wise to wait a week or two and see if there are any major problems teported...

I think this is the pre Genos patch... they know its comming.. i hope they save user sample streaming for a post Genos patch

http://keyszone.boards.net

#433642 - 06/30/17 12:40 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
This looks amazing! Be aware that this update is so big that you will need to save your USER data, styles, songbook, etc., as everything will be erased and updated. You can load it back later.

Best way to do this?

Tx

#433649 - 06/30/17 01:54 PM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Instructions are included with the download. There are two PDF files.

#433684 - 07/01/17 03:56 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

I loaded the new OS late last night it was close to midnight when it was completed. It took about 40 minutes to install and that was after about another 30 minutes to download the huge files and read thru the directions on "how to" install. I haven't had any time to explore every new feature but what a nice upgrade. I already started doing some tweaking i.e. loading back my Songbook, changing style locations of the new styles since some of my own favorite styles got overwritten with the upgrade. Overall it was a very smooth non-problematic upgrade. The key is to carefully follow the directions in the pdf file and SAVE SAVE SAVE your configuration.

#433692 - 07/01/17 07:20 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Can't wait to do mine! I'm glad you didn't have any problems with it.
They say a lot of the factory styles have been tweaked and improved. Have you noticed that?
I have everything downloaded and have read the manuals.

#433693 - 07/01/17 07:37 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
They say a lot of the factory styles have been tweaked and improved. Have you noticed that?

Don, Been playing this morning for a little. Yes the factory styles have been improved and tweaked.

#433699 - 07/01/17 08:35 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Stephenm52]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Don, Been playing this morning for a little. Yes the factory styles have been improved and tweaked.

GREAT!

#433700 - 07/01/17 08:43 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

I loaded the new OS late last night it was close to midnight when it was completed. It took about 40 minutes to install and that was after about another 30 minutes to download the huge files and read thru the directions on "how to" install. I haven't had any time to explore every new feature but what a nice upgrade. I already started doing some tweaking i.e. loading back my Songbook, changing style locations of the new styles since some of my own favorite styles got overwritten with the upgrade. Overall it was a very smooth non-problematic upgrade. The key is to carefully follow the directions in the pdf file and SAVE SAVE SAVE your configuration.

Steve glad to hear it went smoothly KORG has done it again ....looking forward to hearing about your experiences using the new features too thanx!!

#433707 - 07/01/17 09:06 AM Re: Korg PA4x just got even better [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Comment copied from Korg Forum:
"I've noticed a BIG improvement in the conversion of MIDI songs into Styles. It does a very nice job now and really captures the chord progressions much better."

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online