SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >
Topic Options
#430364 - 04/03/17 10:46 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Can't believe the following comes from me:

Based purely on the style demos above, talking about styles only, I feel like someone poured cold water over me. I do not understand why it took so long in the making as style wise it's not really so much more advanced from my aging Audya. Yes, sure a good musician will make it talk, but so can one do with my Audya exactly as is too.

I expected many, many more brand new audio guitar loops. I also expected many, many new human voice audio loops. Audio drums does not really impress me all that much over good midi drums, but other audio voices do. Maybe the "pads" will make up for all of this, I honestly don't know.

Not as itchy any more. Should the money come, fine. Should it not, I can still live with what I have.

Sorry if I sound a little negative, but when the Audya came out it was so much different that it was hard to comprehend. Guess I expected too much this time round. For the price of a small car, I just expected to be a little more "wowed".

Two, no make it three things "wowed" me: The country audio guitar loops, the acapella type style & the new blues guitar voice. There might be some other things onboard that I've not heard as yet and I surely hope so.

As for those who do not have the Audya, this will be a HUGE leap forward. Don't be put off by my comments above. Having had the best there is for so long changed my expectations ever so slightly.

Let me go play with Sokratis' new style - also I found some converted SD7 styles today. Hopefully it's different to my conversions as I did a lot of guesswork on those & they can be made to sound much better than is. Boy! The continued possibilities from my seven year old Audya is still hard to comprehend...

Henni

#430368 - 04/03/17 12:27 PM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Henni

Based purely on the style demos above, talking about styles only, I feel like someone poured cold water over me. I do not understand why it took so long in the making as style wise it's not really so much more advanced from my aging Audya. Yes, sure a good musician will make it talk, but so can one do with my Audya exactly as is too.

I expected many, many more brand new audio guitar loops. I also expected many, many new human voice audio loops. Audio drums does not really impress me all that much over good midi drums, but other audio voices do. Maybe the "pads" will make up for all of this, I honestly don't know.

Not as itchy any more. Should the money come, fine. Should it not, I can still live with what I have.

Sorry if I sound a little negative, but when the Audya came out it was so much different that it was hard to comprehend. Guess I expected too much this time round. For the price of a small car, I just expected to be a little more "wowed".

Two, no make it three things "wowed" me: The country audio guitar loops, the acapella type style & the new blues guitar voice. There might be some other things onboard that I've not heard as yet and I surely hope so.

As for those who do not have the Audya, this will be a HUGE leap forward. Don't be put off by my comments above. Having had the best there is for so long changed my expectations ever so slightly.

Let me go play with Sokratis' new style - also I found some converted SD7 styles today. Hopefully it's different to my conversions as I did a lot of guesswork on those & they can be made to sound much better than is. Boy! The continued possibilities from my seven year old Audya is still hard to comprehend...

Henni

What would interest me most Henri, i have many audio loops, not just drums, but also many many guitar, percusion, bass loops.. now i am wondering why Ketron does not open up the system much more, so people can add their own audio stuff to their selfcreated styles..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#430372 - 04/03/17 09:59 PM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
Henni Offline

Hi Bachus,

If I understand the Launchpad concept correct, then maybe you can do just that - use your stuff to play along with styles. I expected this to be demonstrated in the demos as this would be the absolute best new feature on the new SD9PRO.

Henni

#430373 - 04/03/17 10:50 PM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion

Henni

Henni... I agree absolutely with you....
So... I think of....

Before one year we had a (pre-presentation) of Ketron the new SD9Pro which, the company wants to replace with this the Audya... (I know that from company)....
Ok...
Now in new PDF we have some strange news...

1) In the first specifications (2016) there was 700mb Ram... Now in new PDF exist 400mb... Why this downgrading??

2) In the first PDF (2016) there was: (to create into the machine his own Multisample instruments
or Drum sets and store them as resident.)... Now in new PDF there are only 400mb left... Nothing about to create Drums kit with stereo wav Samples...

3) In the first specifications (2016) there was (custom Midi sequences) in Style Modeling...In new PDF silence about this..

And more....
1) In a new generation Audya (like SD9Pro), I would expect to have the possibility to create my own new audio guitars... Nothing about this......

2) SSD 16Gb.... I thing very small... Of course its upgradable 240Gb however the price in Thomann is about 270 Euros...

3) The sound of new Styles demos, is not new.... Not really new...

And more...
Audya=370 Audio Drums, SD9Pro=259 Audio Drums.
Audya=159 Audio Guitar Riff, SD9Pro 150 Audio Guitar Riff.
And more...

I think the best new of SD9Pro, is the LAUNCHPAD.... Realy its a amazing app...

However.... The price is about 4000 euros.... Hmmmmmm......
I dont know Ketron... I don know if is it good news...

I am waiting the full manual... However I think, this is not a new generation Audya.....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (04/03/17 11:04 PM)

#430379 - 04/04/17 12:59 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
Henni Offline

Hi Sokratis,

Glad you agree. I thought that maybe I was just too critical. But you raised some very valid points there. As for the Launchpad, I listen to the demos & they are great, but I do not know how the demos were created. If I hear a default style with some stuff added to it, maybe I can really evaluate this new feature.

Yes, the new voices are great, but I expected more of the new styles. Make no mistake, they are good but I guess I expected more.

Anyway, if I had the funds readily available, I would have gone for it. But I'm not going to try to move heaven & earth in order to purchase one at this stage. Maybe I'll change my mind when new demos become available.

16GB sure is small - I have so much loaded onto my Audya. And never again will I open the casing to add anything. To this day my Audya no longer starts on the 1st attempt & I'm not opening it again. Once my screen ribbon cable pulled out of the plug & I nearly had a heart attack. Luckily I managed to push it back into the plug again! Never taking that chance again.

Henni

#430386 - 04/04/17 04:03 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Speed Offline

Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

Henni

So... I think of....

Before one year we had a (pre-presentation) of Ketron the new SD9Pro which, the company wants to replace with this the Audya... (I know that from company)....
Ok...

1) In the first specifications (2016) there was 700mb Ram... Now in new PDF exist 400mb... Why this downgrading??

2) In the first PDF (2016) there was: (to create into the machine his own Multisample instruments
or Drum sets and store them as resident.)... Now in new PDF there are only 400mb left... Nothing about to create Drums kit with stereo wav Samples...

3) In the first specifications (2016) there was (custom Midi sequences) in Style Modeling...In new PDF silence about this..

And more....
1) In a new generation Audya (like SD9Pro), I would expect to have the possibility to create my own new audio guitars... Nothing about this......

2) SSD 16Gb.... I thing very small... Of course its upgradable 240Gb however the price in Thomann is about 270 Euros...

And more...
And more...

I am waiting the full manual... However I think, this is not a new generation Audya.....

Really bad news
I find it hard to understand this company and its decisions
no user drums as msp ?? why???
what??? It is Audya all over again

Edited by Speed (04/04/17 04:07 AM)

#430387 - 04/04/17 04:12 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Dear friend... I think is good to wait the full manual...
Yes....The news is not good... However I am waiting the final presentation, and manual..
Best Regards...

#430388 - 04/04/17 04:16 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
Speed Offline

It is really sad that the manufacturers of keyboards today
Think that keyboards are phones Increase memory and put a stronger processor and that's it the Audya 5 turkish version is great I prefer to buy the audya 5 and not the SD9 and what about the Bugs and ketron bad service...

#430433 - 04/05/17 09:20 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: Speed]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Speed
Originally Posted By Sokratis 1974

Henni

So... I think of....

Ok...

And more....

And more...
And more...

Really bad news
I find it hard to understand this company and its decisions
no user drums as msp ?? why???
what??? It is Audya all over again

Since they dont communicate nor listen to their potential clientele... we will never understand their design desigens..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#430457 - 04/06/17 01:05 AM Re: Ketron SD-9 Pro [Re: nightowl]
dreamer85 Offline

Loc: Portugal
We need to do a Ketron-fan prototype keyboard! Join all the potencial and experience.

Page 12 of 20 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online