SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#438049 - 09/28/17 05:41 AM Trouble with Audya 5 & Chksum
SigiZ58 Offline

Loc: Switzerland, Bern
Hi,
After receiveing a SSD with factory settings 2 years ago from AJ, it worked nice for 2 years.
OS was 5.0E that I did not touch the time.

Last week there was the Problem with the Audya. No sounds anymore after startup suddenly.

Watching the startup screen I saw the INIT PHASE ERROR, then there was a memory full message and the startup screen. But no sound.

At first I thought a hardware problem.

When I checked the SDD, there was data integrity problem. This I repaired but the problem stayed. Then I made the checksum check for the Flashroms and voila - almost 7 had wrong checksum.

I repaired these with flashing with the pcm files from the system folder. after this the keyboaard worked again - at least I have sound now. But the F2 still had error checksum. I read this could be normal and in the tricks there is the hint with loading 9708f1av00.sam before flshing F2. But my system has this file not, it has 9708f1av13.sam. But loading this file brought nothing. For me it looks as if there happens nothing. The checksum does not change after flashing and the crc is different from all described in the tips & tricks. But the keyboard works....

Then I updated to 5.3d and then to 5.4b. All went fine, but the F2 error remained.

Finally I made the check with F5 user 1/6 Diagnose. But this works not. It says ALLTAB not found or CRC error (Pt 3).

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...robl#Post339606

Then I restored the ALLTAB as described from the system folder. It does not help.
Any ideas ?

Resume: The keyboard works, but I have F2 error, 9708f1av13.sam instead 9708f1av10.sam and a corrupt/wrong ALLTAB.TAB......

Thank you

Edited by SigiZ58 (09/28/17 07:07 AM)

#438074 - 09/28/17 12:25 PM Re: Trouble with Audya 5 & Chksum [Re: SigiZ58]
SigiZ58 Offline

Loc: Switzerland, Bern
So I did not gave up and played around a Little, reverting to OS 5.0E. This did not help.
I reinstalled the Alltabs from the old backup Folder. It worked but now my styles where away.
Loaded again from system/factory/tables and - voila.
The Alltab is fine again & the styles are also there.

Guess I will stay with this 5.0E for now..... :-)

Does anyone know the difference between
- pressing F6 when boot to install new OS (the upgrade Routine says so)
- pressing F10 & unplugged to reinstall OS ?

Thanks
-

#438114 - 09/29/17 02:10 AM Re: Trouble with Audya 5 & Chksum [Re: SigiZ58]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
It is all above me, but happy you got it sorted out.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online