SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#423364 - 07/13/16 04:17 PM Yamaha vs. Korg styles...my take
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
My first Korg, and I'm a rookie right?

But. here's the thing.

Yamaha has a wonderful selection of styles...thing is, to my ears the Yammie styles are like having a high end Karaoke machine playing. My crowd doesn't notice or care...guess I do. The closest to live play I've heard is my S970 live drums.

But for my PA 4X, the 'live' sound of the styles gets me going. I just love bringing in the Korg pads. I feel like I'm the band director at that point with real musicians.

Perhaps a bit overboard on my descriptions. But somehow I think even my seniors are a bit more 'inspired' by the sounds of my Korg styles.

They even danced when playing my Korg...didn't happen with my Yammies.

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (07/13/16 04:19 PM)

#423371 - 07/13/16 07:32 PM Re: Yamaha vs. Korg styles...my take [Re: guitpic1]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
I’m only familiar with Yamaha. However, just maybe, Yamaha will take careful note of the competition and what the PA 4x owners are saying and up the ante with their next round of arranger models. Or, maybe they’ll play it safe with small, incremental improvements targeted toward the Yamaha faithful.

#423376 - 07/13/16 11:44 PM Re: Yamaha vs. Korg styles...my take [Re: J. Larry]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: J. Larry
I’m only familiar with Yamaha. However, just maybe, Yamaha will take careful note of the competition and what the PA 4x owners are saying and up the ante with their next round of arranger models. Or, maybe they’ll play it safe with small, incremental improvements targeted toward the Yamaha faithful.

The new montage may be an indication of what to expect from Yamaha.. Drums in the Montage for example sound much much more "live" ... The new audio intface seems to add a lot...

But where i really like the pa4x compared to Yamaha are the actuall arrangements..in many of the yamaha styles, i need to switch parts of, or hugely decrease their volume to get the result i want...

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online