SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#423347 - 07/13/16 01:27 PM retirement stuff
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was talking with Don Mason this morning, which I usually try to do at least once a week since I've retired. He's still working at Ernest's a couple days a week, which is a good thing for a 73-year-old curmudgeon. wink

On Monday, the weather was great, temperatures in the upper 70s, moderate winds, very low humidity, perfect for a day on Chesapeake Bay with some of my favorite people. I took my grandson, daughter and one of her friends out for the day, and decided to teach my 9 year old grandson a little about sailing.

The guy singing Tough Little Boys on the video is Don Mason. I emailed this link to some of my old AD friends and they emailed back, wanting to know if he was local and does he want to go to work for them starting this week.

On the way back to the dock, we stopped to lower the sails, and drifted through the Havre de Grace Basin, where there's always something to catch. Grandson Luke got introduced to channel catfish here.

When we got home, Luke fed the fish in the pond and said he only saw 4 of them, but I told him to look harder because there is actually 5 fish to be fed. He discovered that you can't hide much from my Go Pro.

Do I miss being on stage? You know I do, but there are other things in this life that one can enjoy other than being on stage every day of the week. I think Don Mason will soon be headed for the big "R" category.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#423360 - 07/13/16 03:40 PM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Thanx for sharing Gary..... I understand.... enjoy life everyday as if it was your last.

#423370 - 07/13/16 06:40 PM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I'm now on supplimental oxygen, which is making life a aeasier and allowing me to enjoy some of the things I enjoy. I just got my portable oxygen system, which will allow me to continue sailing for a while. Everyone is gonna die sometime, somewhere. I figgure that one day they'll see me sitting hehind the boat's helm, one hand resting on the wheel, a Margaretta in the other, the oxygen tube in my nose, a big smile on my face and dead as Hell. Beats dying in a nursing home or assisted living center, IMO. smile

Gary cool

#423379 - 07/14/16 01:23 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Donny, I'm now on supplimental oxygen, which is making life a aeasier and allowing me to enjoy some of the things I enjoy. I just got my portable oxygen system, which will allow me to continue sailing for a while. Everyone is gonna die sometime, somewhere. I figgure that one day they'll see me sitting hehind the boat's helm, one hand resting on the wheel, a Margaretta in the other, the oxygen tube in my nose, a big smile on my face and dead as Hell. Beats dying in a nursing home or assisted living center, IMO. smile

Gary cool

I totally agree Gary. That is the way to go. After 40 years of smoking before I knew what it meant to my health, oxygen truly is a wonderful thing.

#423384 - 07/14/16 04:25 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary,

You've always had a great attitude, having it now is making a difference in your life...........others without that attitude would be in a NH. Wishing you the best!

#423386 - 07/14/16 06:07 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: Stephenm52]
KORG80 Offline

The fresh salty air and the supplemental oxygen will do you well my friend. Enjoy yourself. Music and fishing are my passions. Retirement facilitates both.

God Bless,
Don

#423390 - 07/14/16 08:12 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You are no longer a tough little boy, but you are definitely a tough old fart! smile

#423394 - 07/14/16 08:35 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the encouragement.

Gary cool

#423400 - 07/14/16 10:39 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I totally agree with Gary !!!!

#423402 - 07/14/16 11:54 AM Re: retirement stuff [Re: travlin'easy]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Gary
Sounds like your having a good time. Just enjoy yourself. Being here in Bluffton SC I'm surronunded by water and am geting the itch to get a small boat.
I don't know the first thing about them except most people are happy when they sell them, and the wife isn't too thrilled with the idea ( she wants a pool ) so I'll have to do some serious investigating, maybe take a class on boating.
Keep the updates coming.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online