SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#41229 - 12/16/03 02:09 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks so much to all of you for your kind support. Although most of the donations have come from people that posted on this thread there actually has been a donation from a non-member who simply reads the forums and never posts. Synth Zone is thankful for all donations and this website wouldn't exist without you all.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-16-2003).]

#41230 - 12/16/03 07:43 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
There is now a pay pal icon on the main page of the synthzone. It is located on the right side about half way down towards the bottom. http://www.synthzone.com/
This Icon should stay there all the time so that members can help defray the huge cost of maintaining this bbs and the server, so that Nigel does not have to continue paying it out of his family finances. He does the work, pays the bill and we get all the benefits. That is hardly fair.
It has come to my attention that a request has been made to put a star next to the nick name of every contributor to the Synthzone. I think this is a great idea. We all want to be a senior member and a star too. Those that help support this bbs are stars. This would also be a good reminder that we need to help pay the cost of this wonderful forum so it will always be here for us. That opportunity will now be available all year long, not just at Christmas time, so whenever you are feeling flush, you can throw a contribution in the pay pal pot that is located on the home page: http://www.synthzone.com/
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have contributed to this need. Nigel tells us there is about 800.00 in the pot to date. Every little bit helps.
To those that would detract from this effort to keep the synthzone self supporting I say, BE CAREFUL AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE POSTING. If you don't want to be part of the solution, please don't be part of the problem.
Merry Christmas and best to all

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#41231 - 12/16/03 08:19 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Bebop, why on earth is it nessesary to make a
mark on those who pay, and not the others?
This board have been free of charge, and if
Nigel deside to make a fee for membership, it's
for him to deside.
The idea of having the Pay-Pal icon visible are
good, but please don't make a upperclass out of
those who pay, the reasons for not to may be many,
not nessesarely related to this great forum.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41232 - 12/16/03 09:31 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Every One and a Happy Holiday Season,

I believe that a point I once tried to make to a group I was President of has once again been proven.

This particular group wanted to charge a due's to belong to it instead of just passing the hat.

I tried to explain that in my point of view when you charge people for something there is an expection, one that they now have a right to something in return, two that is all they have to do and three they now have a right to say how it is done.

On the other hand, if you provide a needed service for free and do a good job of it people will gladly give whatever they can to help. Some may give a lot, some only a little and some none at all, but in the end everyone is happy.

And I believe that is what Christmas is all about no matter what religion or belief one has.

Thank you agin Nigel, you gave to us freely now we can repay the kindness.

For those who can not give or have not given you should not feel obligated that's why it's called a donation. It's Nigel's and our gift to you.

I belive I can say this on behalf on everyone.

And let's not forget Beebop and the time he put's in. A big Thanks to you Too!

Again have a wonderful holiday season!!!

Heather

#41233 - 12/16/03 10:03 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
MarkW Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
We all want to be a senior member and a star too.

This is something I've often wondered about. Why are some people identified as a Junior Member and others as a Member? Presumably this has nothing to do with age, as the registration screen does not include date of birth.

Mark.

#41234 - 12/16/03 10:35 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
You'll reach the "new status" when you've written
your 32nd (I think) post
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41235 - 12/16/03 02:11 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

Thanks to all for your contributions to help with the financial support of our great Synthzone.
I have concluded the ideas of the stars is probably a bad idea so lets forget about that. But let us continue to remember the need to support this BBS, but also to remember that all contributions are voluntary and there are no fees or dues.
Thanks to all
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 12-17-2003).]

#41236 - 12/17/03 08:42 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

HI ALL,
We now have a pay pal icon on our Technics Forum Page header.
Look up at the top between the Synthzone and the keyboard graphic in the banner, and there is the Pay Pal Icon, so it will be easy to throw some spare change in it any time you get a generous urge to help support the bandwidth we are using here.
Thanks also to those that have emailed me and advised that they too have made a contribution but don't want their name publicized. You are all appreciated.
Best to all
Happy Holidays
Bebop

#41237 - 12/18/03 02:18 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I want to thank you all and many donations were from those that posted on this thread but there certainly were others that silently made a contribution. I even had a donation from a non member who simply reads the BBS postings.

The donations really do help to offset rising running costs and help to insure non commercial sites like this are able to stay online. The support I have received really is fantastic.

#41238 - 12/18/03 01:40 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
larry gosmeyer Offline

Loc: La Verne, CA USA
After sending in my donation to Nigel, his comment seemed to indicate to me that he felt the response from contributors was very satisfactory and that he was highly pleased as to how much he has received.

He said more contributions were still on their way.

Again, many thanks to Nigel and Bebop for all their work in keeping the forum going strong.

Happy Holidays!!

Larry

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online