SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#41219 - 12/15/03 07:59 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I guess there are many who support Nigel without
have to tell all the world "how good I am" and how
much they send in a post.
The support are just as good anyway, or??
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41220 - 12/15/03 09:06 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
You're very right GJ.
The question was not to post but to support. Time will tell how many of us really do so. Besides, I love to see Bebop busy to keep the fire going.
Ad.

#41221 - 12/15/03 11:15 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Me too!!!!!

Keep up the good work it is very well appreciated.

Jerry

#41222 - 12/15/03 11:37 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Where are the rest of our several thousand members of the Technics Forum?????
Not even a thank you, or a Merry christmas or a card or a dollar or two to defray the expenses of this great place.
I had thought we were all one big happy family here.
I must say I am really disillusioned.
Everyone is willling to spend thousands of dollars for a keyboard but not one dime to support this place where you learn all about it.
A great big thank you to the above 16 people that participated in this need.
Bebop

You are so well out of order
Members do not have to post to prove their loyalty or to seek glorification of their actions.
It was Gunnar Johnny whom first brought the matter to this forums attention and I am sure that there are many that feel insulted by your remarks
how could you possibly know who has or who has not participated certainly as a moderator you don't have that
privilege.

#41223 - 12/15/03 11:57 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Hey, if you guys don't like people posting thanks to Nigel, too bad. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the fund raising and if you don't agree, that's your option, but you don't have to belittle us at the same time. Gunnar Jonny was instrumental to the process, and we thank him for his effort, but don't we all try to contribute what we can to keep this forum alive? Come on, smile, be happy!

#41224 - 12/15/03 12:21 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Johnnie.c Offline

Loc: England
Quote:
Originally posted by Bud Whipple:
Hey, if you guys don't like people posting thanks to Nigel, too bad. Nobody is forcing you to take part in the fund raising and if you don't agree, that's your option, but you don't have to belittle us at the same time. Gunnar Jonny was instrumental to the process, and we thank him for his effort, but don't we all try to contribute what we can to keep this forum alive? Come on, smile, be happy!

I say the same to you.
you cannot possibly know who may or may not have contributed because simply you like the moderator are not privy to that information
perhaps there are members on this forum who wish to do things privately and not broardcast there actions in neon lights
so what would that make them? a lesser member than you? I don't think so

#41225 - 12/15/03 12:43 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Please guys, cool down and be happy.
I only pointed to Scotts tread, and here I
just stated out that fact, and also that I
think many people do support Nigel without
have to announce about it and how much they
are willing to spend.
That's all.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#41226 - 12/15/03 01:19 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bebop,
obviously your heart is in the right place.
Keep your chin up.

Just because only a few have responded to the actual posting , doesn't necesarily mean that they're the only ones that have donated.

Let's face it, the majority of the forum members are silent. It's usually the same old names that pop up over and over again.
I could well imagine there's members that join up, and never visit the site again.

It can be a bit frustrating at times when one doesn't get a response to a posting. Sometimes I suppose it's due to the fact that no one knows the answer to you problem, or you haven't explained your problem properly.
Frustrating also when you try and help someone with a problem, spend ages typing up a solution, then don't get a response as to whether your solution worked or not.
At times it makes you wonder why you bothered, but then when someone thanks you for helping solve a problem ( or at least trying to) , it makes you feel useful, and makes it worthwhile.
It's just the nature of the forum.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BEBOP:
[B]HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Where are the rest of our several thousand members of the Technics Forum?????

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#41227 - 12/15/03 05:30 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I want all to know, that up to now, I did not contribute. I was thinking of myself and my own needs, for more web site bandwith for myself. For that I am ashamed

After much thought I realize without the Synth Zone, my web site is kinda blah. Besides I have made too many friends here, and it is important to keep that friendship alive.

And let us not forget Nigel brings us gifts all year long, so how can we say "NO" to Santa ?

Donation on the way as soon as possible.
Merry Christmas
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#41228 - 12/16/03 12:47 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - I am here! Also very very appreciative of the amount of work and expense that must be involved in running this forum and very very appreciative of the support also given by the members who do show themselves. Without the knowledge that I have learnt on this forum, my keyboard would probably not have been enjoyed one tenth of what it has, neither would I have 'met' some very good friends.

I will send a contribution willingly, never occured to me to hesitate about it - best 25 dollars I have spent this year - and I will be very suprised if that isn't the thought of the silent majority.

Joan

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online