SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#41209 - 12/12/03 05:00 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
RJB Offline

Loc: Auburn, N Y, U S
Nigel, Mine was sent in today's mail and thank you

#41210 - 12/12/03 06:13 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Nigel: Today I regular mailed a $25.00
check to a man I have never seen, a man I have never met, but you can believe it's a man I admire. Never felt better about
a little contribution, in my life. Stand tall Nigel, cause in our eye's, your a mile high, and it's all about a great guy.
ARJ

#41211 - 12/13/03 04:30 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Nigel,
The response you are recieving, the love, the caring, it makes all worth while. The dollars are second. With great pleasure I put my donation in the mail today.

My request;
To know more about the man called Nigel. Who are you? What do you work at? Anything that will bring us to a closer relationship.

This is your time, enjoy, John C.

#41212 - 12/13/03 04:39 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Contribution 'PayPalled' Nigel. I join with all the others in thanking you most sincerely for providing us with a superb facility. I always enjoy my daily visits to the BEST keyboard related forum on the Internet. I hope You and Yours have a very merry Christmas and a prosperous and peaceful 2004.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#41213 - 12/13/03 07:11 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Nigel,
Besides my personal EMail to you, this is a public thank you for the time, energy and money that you spend to keep the forums going. We are indeed all indebted to you.
Merry Christmas,
Walt

#41214 - 12/13/03 10:36 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
A lot of us on SynthZone knew about each other from the last forum, but there was no way we could have kept in contact after it folded. The amount of information that passes through this site is staggering, but without it I would still be poking around my keyboard wondering what in blazes this little button does when I push it. Nigel, you kept the dream alive and you will always be a HERO in our eyes. I'm sorry you had to lose money for our personal pleasure, so I've sent my contribution via PayPal, too. Maybe this is something we should do each year, because if we keep you smiling, you keep us smiling also. God bless you and your family this Christmas season. Bud

#41215 - 12/13/03 04:15 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI BUS and Forum Members,
Yes, I think it might be a great idea for us to subsidize the ongoing cost of operating this bbs every year along about christmas time. I belive that Nigel has that committment to keep it going even though it costs him a lot of money out of pocket from his day job and his band not to mention all the time involved. He really has to love us all a bunch to do all that for us.
I hope that everyone will send Nigel and his family a Christmas card and any contribution they are confortable with. I did convince him to give us his snail mail address which is above this post a few so you can get it there. You don't need to send in any money with your card if you don't feel that you want to, or are able to, but I know that any contributions will be greatly appreciated and help Nigel's family finances. We all know what a Christmas Season can do to the family treasury even without supporting A bbs and server.
Just a great big hug and thank you to all of you that are a part of this Sharing. Blessings on all of you.
Best to all our forum members.
Bebop

#41216 - 12/13/03 04:16 PM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

HI BUD and Forum Members,
Yes, I think it might be a great idea for us to subsidize the ongoing cost of operating this bbs every year along about christmas time. I belive that Nigel has that committment to keep it going even though it costs him a lot of money out of pocket from his day job and his band not to mention all the time involved. He really has to love us all a bunch to do all that for us.
I hope that everyone will send Nigel and his family a Christmas card and any contribution they are confortable with. I did convince him to give us his snail mail address which is above this post a few so you can get it there. You don't need to send in any money with your card if you don't feel that you want to, or are able to, but I know that any contributions will be greatly appreciated and help Nigel's family finances. We all know what a Christmas Season can do to the family treasury even without supporting A bbs and server.
Just a great big hug and thank you to all of you that are a part of this Sharing. Blessings on all of you.
Best to all our forum members.
Bebop

#41217 - 12/14/03 01:17 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Nigel,
throught this way I really want to thank you for your efforts on holding Synthzone in the air. You do a great job. As 'fellow' webmaster I can enter into the daily energy you have to put in webmastering of Syntzone.com. I guess most visitors/members have not the slightest idea what efforts (and costs) this usely generates (for good understanding, this is not ment as a reproach). As you pointed at besides the energy you put in it, internet has become more and more a commercial institute. What was free in former days, one have to pay for it nowadays. The consumer pays the benefits x-times. For instance looking for the prices of MB's serverspace to hire, internetsubscription, software and hardware cost needed to defend against hackers, virusses. Etc.etc.
I hope the reactions motivates you again to continue and that the financial part can be solved.
Best whishes,
Cees.

#41218 - 12/15/03 07:48 AM Re: About the needs of the Synthzone to be self supporting
BEBOP Offline

HELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO???
Where are the rest of our several thousand members of the Technics Forum?????
Not even a thank you, or a Merry christmas or a card or a dollar or two to defray the expenses of this great place.
I had thought we were all one big happy family here.
I must say I am really disillusioned.
Everyone is willling to spend thousands of dollars for a keyboard but not one dime to support this place where you learn all about it.
A great big thank you to the above 16 people that participated in this need.
Bebop

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online