SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#406017 - 07/31/15 10:45 AM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: hammer
Read a report on a tech site about a new Windows 10 Feature you might want to disable. It is called Wi-Fi Sense. I don't know the details but basically it allows other Windows 10 users to access your Wi-Fi network without you giving them a password. According to the report, your Wi-Fi password has been stored on a Microsoft server in a scrambled mode. This feature can be disabled but I don't know how it is done.

Here is the link to the article.
http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/30/technology/windows10-wifi-sense/index.html
Deane

And here is a less nee jerk reaction Wi Fi

Bill

#406026 - 07/31/15 12:55 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Updating our operating systems are always such fun! Here's some more reading for those who may be interested in learning more about Win 10 and security:

Win 10 Uses Your Bandwidth to Share Updates With Other Users

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#406029 - 07/31/15 01:15 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Just updated one of my computers from 7 to 10. It seems slower, not faster; configuration may need fine tuning. Initially, it kept dropping my network/internet connection, but that seems to have stopped. I think I'm going to wait awhile before I update the other machines. Easy transition in terms of the user interface; don't really like the new 'Bookmark' system but I'll adjust. Keep posting your experiences, especially the negative ones; also any interesting new features.

chas

#406030 - 07/31/15 01:21 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

I'm loving Win 10 my PC is super fast now !!....Wow!!!

and the addition of being able to use your voice with CORTANA personal assistant using my mic is amazing!! All my programs are working properly no issues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortana_(intelligent_personal_assistant)

Edited by Dnj (07/31/15 01:43 PM)

#406033 - 07/31/15 01:34 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Glad to hear things are working for the 'upgrade pioneers'. I have BIAB 2015 - hopefully no issues there along w/my audio interfaces. Also have CUBASE LE 7.5. I checked on their website and saw this:

While many Steinberg products have successfully been tested under Windows 10, such as WaveLab, our VST instruments and our audio interfaces running in ASIO mode, others, unfortunately, still cause problems when run on the new operating system by Microsoft. We recommend users - notably of our DAWs, Cubase and Nuendo, not to update for the time being as this may lead to an increase in audio drop-outs and MIDI timing issues. We also have recognized incompatibilities when using Apple QuickTime and the Steinberg EuCon adapter, and audio interfaces won’t operate reliably in WDM audio mode either. Our engineers are examining the problems and evaluating possible solutions for affected customers. We shall immediately inform you as soon as we know more.

Guess I'll wait a while before I take the plunge but appreciate all your continued posts here to keep us apprised of the "way forward".

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#406038 - 07/31/15 02:08 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Randy ... the info in your post came up lime green on my screen and was unreadable ... once I highlighted the paragraph I was able to read it ... wink

#406067 - 07/31/15 05:16 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Arnold Schwarzenegger was asked if he wanted to upgrade to Windows 10.
He replied, "I still love Vista, baby".

#406069 - 07/31/15 06:52 PM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: Jerryghr]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
I just did the "Deed" !!!!! ( Windows 10 upgrade )

Glad I did !!!!!

Ron

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#406080 - 08/01/15 06:16 AM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

My friend emailed me last evening and said there was already a gigs worth of updates already. Microsoft has always been noted for putting product before the public before it's ready and I
think Windows 10 is no exception.
Waiting a while before taking the "bait" is good advice.
(A windows 8.1 guy)

#406087 - 08/01/15 07:46 AM Re: OT: Windows 10 [Re: hammer]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Deane... for tacking up this post. I've never been a fan of Microsoft but use it still. My non-net Music PC is Windows XP and I can't believe these baboons stopped supporting it. Not everyone needs Apps! Windows 8 was a complete disaster as far as I am concerned (I know, many give it rave reviews) but before the final cut-off date, I'll probably convert this OpSys to 10.

That way, even more glitches and bugs will be ironed out and fixed. Microsoft never gets it right the first time and I suspect 10 is no exception.

Best regards and good luck to all who switch to 10...

Dave Rice

WWW/ShowCaseYourMusic.com/DaveRice/

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online