SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#406155 - 08/02/15 07:09 AM Big Move Soon NJ to SC !
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
To reply to Donny and Gary without getting lost in a long thread of Arranger lessons, yes I'm leaving NJ at the end of August.
Its been in the works for a long time and we're finally free to do it. Leaving Cape May is very tough, especially this time of year but the other 6 months are not so good here. Along with getting a full size house again, taxes, etc. (and don't even get me started on the gov. !!! ) we're thinking its the right move for us. In April on a spur of the moment trip we bought a fantastic home in BLuffton SC which is inland from Hilton Head. Large Frog 15 X 15 ( finished room over garage) for my studio so I'm excited to get out of the small garage room I have here. Its in a bueatiful community and one of the ones that were top of our list from our other trips down there.
Musically I don't know. Its been a rough road here in Cape May. Lost my contacts from North Jersey when we moved here full time into our vacation home 4 years ago. New guy on the block and being older all work against you here. The things I've done have gone well including a great party last night, and today a 3X repeat gig at a pool bar tells me I can still do it on a high level so I'm not quitting yet.
I have a friend who played sax with me in North Jersey and he's been down in Bluffton for about 10 years. He's hooked me up with two bands needing keyboard players. Seems guys who can actually play keys are in short supply down there-we'll see. I'd still like to do my solo thing or maybe a small trio of my own but again I'm just going to take it as it comes. Don't know about the AL/NH scene yet. Maybe good or maybe they don't pay like here, I'll check it out.
Been there done that so a change is good. I have date books going back as far as 1974 when I started keeping records and I hate to throw them out. I was debating getting rid of them but had a good time the other day looking back at all the places I played. Damn, did I really do all that?
So all in all I've had a good run so far and maybe its not over yet.

#406164 - 08/02/15 09:54 AM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Good luck bill in SC I hope it works out for you. keep us posted.

#406171 - 08/02/15 10:35 AM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You kidding me? NJ to SC! How could it not be good?! smile
You'll get to be a South East Conference football fan now too! Say hello to Steve Spurrier for me!

#406175 - 08/02/15 10:44 AM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

GO EAGLES!!!

#406197 - 08/02/15 02:42 PM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Bill where do you play near Cape May? I'll be heading to Wildwood for a week pretty soon, maybe I'll stop in to see you off! -Ted

#406206 - 08/02/15 08:36 PM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I was there last winter on my way to Florida, visiting a friend - great town and I know you will do very well there.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#406217 - 08/03/15 05:57 AM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
If you happen to pass through/near Raleigh NC on your drive down to SC, let me know and stop by - would be great to meet another arranger player ...
Jim
jimlaing@me.com

#406236 - 08/03/15 10:34 AM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: jimlaing]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Bill ... wishing you the very best in your new adventure of life ...

#406255 - 08/03/15 03:22 PM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Thanks guys for the good wishes. I appreciate it.
I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I may have only one more gig in Cape May if the schedule works out and may have one more back up in North Jersey if the $$ right. I'm guessing these may be my last gigs for a while till I get settled in SC.
Had a nice talk with Mark today and maybe I'll have another friend down there. He was concerned I was making a rash move but after I explained we've been looking for a good 12 years he got interested in Bluffton too.
And I already called Direct TV for my hookups because I have to have the NFL package.
GO GIANTS !!!! Saw a golf cart there all done up in Giants logos. Really cool and for $600 they will do any team you want. Except Eagles or Cowboys Only kidding Donny. Talked to nice couple there on my last vist and they're Giant fans too. Said they like to go out to a Sports Bar on Sunday to catch the game. They said they have all the games on multiple TVS but the team with the biggest crowd gets the sound, and its always the Giants. Bluffton is all damn Yankee transplants !!

#406257 - 08/03/15 03:37 PM Re: Big Move Soon NJ to SC ! [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
They said they have all the games on multiple TVS but the team with the biggest crowd gets the sound, and its always the Giants. Bluffton is all damn Yankee transplants !!

Hmmm ... sounds like a place I would have to look into if we ever decided to move South ... grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online