SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#376401 - 11/25/13 07:12 PM I played the T5 Today
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
well guys here is my review I played the T 5 61 today.
A Special thanks to George Kaye for having one for me to play.

And I will start out by saying Yamaha did a Great Job with this one it might not have every little thing that everybody wants but for me they did for me most of what I will use.

the first thing here is the SOUND it is MUCH better then T 4 I own a T4 so I can say with out any question here.

the Concert Piano much better then T4 cf111 piano sounds very good , the Guitar section is just fantastic and the way you can change and edit the amps just great!!!!
organ world very good
Ensamble voices very unique it gonna take some getting used to but it will be very good

sax sounds sound really good new flute voices very good as well

they moved the Demo button thank god it was in the worst spot left by the voc harm button now it on far left good to have that moved if you have hit it by mistake in the middle of a show you will know what I am talking about!!!

audio styles really sound live to me big improvement .

the toggle midi file / mp3 I wish yamaha can make it so I can run midi file into Midi file not it is just mp3 I hope with a update they will address this.

the format very much the same so out of the box it will be easy to use .
I cant stress this enough here the sound REALLY sounds good a big improvement over T4 it has a very live sound crisp and clean 4 additional outs really open up lot of live sound options .

for those left hand bass players the option to play left hand bass with the style triggered in right is a very nice addition it will give you another way to present yourself

size seemed to be very close to T4 and screen looks the same to T4
ALL I can say is this is a very nice unit the Sound is GREAT and all those who are bashing it need to go and play it like I did and you will see for yourself what I am talking about.

it great to boast about all the new things but to me SOUND it the key to all and this unit has Knocked it out of the Yard

I am getting the T5 76 and look forward to using this unit in my shows in 2014 Ron Johnson

#376402 - 11/25/13 07:34 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You are the third person I heard from today (got two emails earlier) that has not only played the Tyros5, but has also said what you did...the sound is much better than Tyros4.

I won't get to play one (a Tyros5-76) for a few weeks, and since I have a Tyros4 I'm going to compare them side by side...through the same speaker system.

Thanks for your review, Ron...you sound like you were very impressed.

Ian

#376403 - 11/25/13 07:40 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
How are the drum kits compared to T4?? Also how do audio styles compare to regular styles? I ordered also T5-76.It's coming in December.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#376404 - 11/25/13 08:04 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ron, great to hear you were able to audition Tyros 5 in person at George Kaye's store today. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your review so quickly. I'm encouraged to hear you say the Concert Piano (ConcertGrand?) is improved over the Tyros 4's ConcertGrand, as I felt the T4 ConcertGrand, though it sounds great when playing solo piano, esp in the lower & upper octaves, when played live with auto accomp, I found it lacking enough punch in the middle octaves to cut thru the mix. Did you have have a chance to try the new Upright1octave & Upright2octave piano's as well? Curious to hear how you felt these sounded for piano soloing along with auto accomp tracks?

Coincidentally, our Synthzone buddy Steve Molnar also had a chance, at Frank Ventresca's AudioWorks store to not only audition a Tyros 5 (76 note version), but audition & compare it side by side with a Tyros 4, and came to a similar review conclusion as you, and ordered Tyros 5, as you did too. cool

Both yours and Steve's review confirm the feelings I had listening to the many Tyros 5 demos posted online. That said, I'm more excited than ever to finally receive mine, though I ordered the 61 note version.

Ron, Mirza, and Steve: welcome to the Tyros 5 owners club. clap

Scott smile

#376405 - 11/25/13 09:14 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Ron and I had a great afternoon today. At first I thought the box which came from Yamaha last week was a 76 key and told Ron that's what I received. When he came to my store today I know he wasn't disappointed finally having an opportunity to play the new Tyros5. I have both the Tyros4 and Tyros5 side by side set up in my store. Ron and I compared the Concert Grands and easily came to the conclusion that the T5 piano has a lot more dynamic range and cutting power. I have a piano teacher at my store that plays a lot of Cuban music and was very impressed with the U1 upright piano voices including the 1 and 2 octave up versions. It went nuts playing the SA2 flamenco guitar voices. These new SA2 voices allow for all the dynamics as if you were actually playing the octaves with small amounts of delay when playing soft and less and less as the keys are played harder.
(Retired 2021)

#376407 - 11/25/13 09:48 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
the first thing here is the SOUND it is MUCH better then T 4 I own a T4 so I can say with out any question here.
Thanks Ron for your much needed review. I am optimistic about having ordered the T5 being that your review is based on actually having played both Tyros generations. As my first entry ever into the world of Tyros (delayed because there was no 76 before), I must say I was getting more and more discouraged by the great number of negative comments I was reading here from current Tyros and other arranger players, albeit commenters who never played the T5 or even heard it live. So thank you for sharing. Hal

#376411 - 11/26/13 01:52 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: Hal2001]
Bachus Offline

I had the same experience comparing T4 and T5 last week, and even the old T4 sounds sound more alive on the T5.

Its a big step upwards from T4 and a huge step from T3 soundwise..

However, when you look at the functionallity nothing has really changed from T4 to T5 except for the 76 keys version.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#376414 - 11/26/13 02:49 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ron,

I know you had a great day yesterday, because I know I did playing the new Tyros 5. Scott thanks for commenting and putting the links to my brief review at the PSR forum.

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
ALL I can say is this is a very nice unit the Sound is GREAT and all those who are bashing it need to go and play it like I did and you will see for yourself what I am talking about.

Plus 1

Tyros 4 Top Rack
Tyros 5 76 Lower Rack

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/26/13 02:54 AM)

#376416 - 11/26/13 03:09 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: Stephenm52]
nbnserge Offline

Hi everybody

I have a lot of chance to have the new Tyros 5.
I also have a Tyros 4, which is already sold
The differences are really big with the tyros 4
I can't stop playing the tyros 5

I had already installed the flash memory on my new tyros 5 and made a tutorial with pictures.

#376418 - 11/26/13 03:50 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
George, it's funny you mention the Flamingo Guitar. I LOVE that voice, it is included in the Latin Premium voice pack and one of my "goto' voices. I'm glad they made it core to the voice choices. There seems to be quite a few other voices in the T5 that have started life amongst the voice packs.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online