SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#376421 - 11/26/13 05:42 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: kbrkr]
Dnj Offline

Congratulations to all you new T5 owners enjoy it well, dance2 ......as for me at this point and MY needs it's good to hear & read all the good features & reviews. I eagerly await most of these improvements to trickle down to the succeeding New S-950 model KB very soon.

#376428 - 11/26/13 06:55 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
All the sounds Just sound better new Piano sounds Scott sound very good you will not be disapointed the Concert Grand cuts thru mix very well with out being to bity and shallow sounding Big Improvement over the T4 .

#376441 - 11/26/13 08:33 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Ron and I compared the Concert Grands and easily came to the conclusion that the T5 piano has a lot more dynamic range and cutting power.These new SA2 voices allow for all the dynamics as if you were actually playing the octaves with small amounts of delay when playing soft and less and less as the keys are played harder.

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
All the sounds Just sound better new Piano sounds Scott sound very good you will not be disapointed the Concert Grand cuts thru mix very well with out being to bity and shallow sounding Big Improvement over the T4 .

George & Ron, smile many thank's for providing those important details regarding the pianos.
I thought I heard what you're refering to while listening to the online demos
but wanted to make sure it wasn't merely my imagination or us hearing the piano voices and/or the keyboard settings tweaked,
or the sound enhanced via an outboard (post) effects/eq processor.

Steve, nice shot of the T4(61) & T5(76) together. smile
Frankie's 1st class looking showroom color scheme with hardwood floors
I'm sure enhanced your listening environment pleasure too. cool

George, Ron, & Steve:
I assume you guys auditioned & compared the Tyros 5 and 4 thru each
respective keyboard's 'out of the box' factory default settings, right? cool

I can hardly wait for my Tyros 5 to finally arrive. Happy Holidays! smile

#376444 - 11/26/13 08:52 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Ron,
I know you had a great day yesterday, because I know I did playing the new Tyros 5. Scott thanks for commenting and putting the links to my brief review at the PSR forum.
ALL I can say is this is a very nice unit the Sound is GREAT and all those who are bashing it need to go and play it like I did and you will see for yourself what I am talking about.

Plus 1
Tyros 4 Top Rack
Tyros 5 76 Lower Rack

WOW, Steve, that was QUICK !!! ... so much for not getting new gear since you are facing retirement, eh ?!? rotfl
Actually, I'm glad you took my advice and got it while you are still working ...
BTW ... how is Deb ??? duel bounce

PS: ... now I REALLY can't wait for you to get down here with your boards to jam ... keys keys

Edited by tony mads usa (11/26/13 08:53 AM)

#376452 - 11/26/13 10:34 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Beemer Offline

Loc: Scotland
In photograph what is the "thing" sitting on the left keys of the Tyros 5?

Ian

#376454 - 11/26/13 10:35 AM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Ahah! That's what the extra keys are for! smile

#376470 - 11/26/13 01:10 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It appears to be some kind of USB device, probably some type of storage device that someone just sat there. If you blow up the photo you'll see the USB plug.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#376473 - 11/26/13 01:13 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
It appears to be some kind of USB device, probably some type of storage device that someone just sat there. If you blow up the photo you'll see the USB plug.

Gary cool

Gary you hit the nail on the head it's a USB storage device.

#376474 - 11/26/13 01:21 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Ron,
I know you had a great day yesterday, because I know I did playing the new Tyros 5. Scott thanks for commenting and putting the links to my brief review at the PSR forum.
ALL I can say is this is a very nice unit the Sound is GREAT and all those who are bashing it need to go and play it like I did and you will see for yourself what I am talking about.

Plus 1
Tyros 4 Top Rack
Tyros 5 76 Lower Rack

WOW, Steve, that was QUICK !!! ... so much for not getting new gear since you are facing retirement, eh ?!? rotfl
Actually, I'm glad you took my advice and got it while you are still working ...
BTW ... how is Deb ??? duel bounce

PS: ... now I REALLY can't wait for you to get down here with your boards to jam ... keys keys

Tony do you remember me saying I won't buy a Tyros 5? eek
Yea I'm sure you also remember me saying depends on which way the wind was blowing on the day I went to demo taz Well seems it was warm air coming from the south and it got me. I'm real weak when it comes to some stuff. blush

Now is the time because in about 5 weeks it will be a little different story. Oh Deb yea she's doing fine..................we'll just have to postpone any extended vacations overseas or on cruise ships.

Edited by Stephenm52 (11/26/13 01:22 PM)

#376475 - 11/26/13 01:34 PM Re: I played the T5 Today [Re: musicforyourday]
Stephenm52 Offline

Scott yes out of the box default settings, both were Eq'd flat!

Frank has done a first class job with his showroom at the new location. I'm sure Tony_mads remembers the old location which was no comparison. Frank's does lots with car and home audio, his original location had a small almost cubicle type arrangement adjacent to the garage where electronics for cars were installed for playing keyboards. As you see in the photo he's got a beautiful showroom.

For his electronic automotive side of the business he has this great prop that mimics sitting in a car, there you can sample all different configurations of car audio set ups, it's very cool and unique. FYI that photo was taken with the iPhone 5s, great little camera it is.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online