Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373358 - 10/23/13 12:11 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Congrats Steve!!!
Thanks Donny, I hope you noticed the April 1 date!

#373360 - 10/23/13 12:33 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Bachus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Originally Posted By: Bachus

The average age of the tyros buyer here in Europe is about 60, maybe Yamaha is right and those people dont want a touchscreen but the sollid buttons they where used too

Financially its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that the average age of high end Clavinova users is right up there with the Tyros users..!

#373361 - 10/23/13 01:33 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Bert Smorenburg, who is a demonstrator for Yamaha, just posted on his Facebook profile this picture, with the didascaly:

"Massive Yamaha event in Palma de Mallorca, featuring great vocalist Susan Albers"

#373362 - 10/23/13 01:33 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
brooster Offline

"I saw a post on another keyboard forum from a music dealer in the Los Angeles area. He is a well respected Yamaha dealer and seems to have insights into some things in advance. Here is what he said...

"MAP (minimum advertised price) price for the 61 key should be just under the current Tyros4 and about $250.00 more for the 76 key version. There will also be a "bundle" version with speakers like the tyros4 external add ons, flash memory and stand.
The little bit of information I know is that there will be new pianos, more and new SA2 voices, new styles and lots of new options when playing chords from both the right and left side of keyboard. I have no info yet on features and if there is a touch screen or not.
I do know that the keyboard will be shown in Germany on the 25th of October so we should get a lot of information by this weekend.
I did confirm that a small amount will arrive hopefully in December."

#373363 - 10/23/13 01:46 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By: brooster
"I saw a post on another keyboard forum from a music dealer in the Los Angeles area. He is a well respected Yamaha dealer and seems to have insights into some things in advance. Here is what he said...

"MAP (minimum advertised price) price for the 61 key should be just under the current Tyros4 and about $250.00 more for the 76 key version. There will also be a "bundle" version with speakers like the tyros4 external add ons, flash memory and stand.
The little bit of information I know is that there will be new pianos, more and new SA2 voices, new styles and lots of new options when playing chords from both the right and left side of keyboard. I have no info yet on features and if there is a touch screen or not.
I do know that the keyboard will be shown in Germany on the 25th of October so we should get a lot of information by this weekend.
I did confirm that a small amount will arrive hopefully in December."

It came from this forum in the Tyros 5 61 - 76 thread, George Kaye wrote it and seems to have been doing the cyber space rounds!

Edited by DannyUK (10/23/13 01:47 PM)

#373364 - 10/23/13 01:53 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Bachus

The average age of the tyros buyer here in Europe is about 60, maybe Yamaha is right and those people dont want a touchscreen but the sollid buttons they where used too.
Financially its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons

If using a touchscreen is, as you say, financially cheaper, why didn't Roland go with one on their latest arranger, rather than use the allegedly more expensive non-touch screens(two of them actually) and physical buttons/sliders?

Since Roland has purportedly been successful using touchscreen technology on earlier, similar arranger instruments, what other reasons would they have not to extend it's use, especially since users of the older instruments were allegedly pleased (and familiar) with this type of interface, and the cost to the company, and ultimately, the end user, would be lower?

I'm also interested in how you have confirmed "its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons" on an arranger keyboard?

Ian

#373365 - 10/23/13 02:39 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Tostie Offline

Research at Yamaha showed that touch screens are less 'accurate' in live situations than knobs (knobs give better feedback). Clavinova's aren't being used live, in contrary to the Tyros series. That's the main reason why the high-end Clavinova's have a touchscreen and the Tyros doesn't.

That's at least what I was told.

#373367 - 10/23/13 02:47 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Just to add, Bachus...maybe the above post regarding touch vs non-touch screens could also be relevant in the Korg PA-900 vs Roland BK-9 thread here?

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...Rola#Post373178

Both companies are very familiar with touchscreen use, yet Roland passes it by...could it really be related to cost?

Ian

#373375 - 10/23/13 03:27 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've had three touch screens fail this year, one on my car GPS, One Cellular telephone, one on my wife's Kindle. I'm not real excited about touch screens at this point. They may work fine for Diki, but for me, I'll stick with those archaic buttons and switches. No failures in 20 years.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#373378 - 10/23/13 04:01 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Beakybird Offline

This is exciting. That means that for us mid-range peons, we can expect a mini T4 in two years.

Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online