Tyros 5 info

Posted by: brooster

Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 07:49 AM

I read this in a different forum on Tyros

"Hello.
Monday was the presentation of the new Tyros 5 in Palma de Mallorca (Spain) and the screen is not touch, but as the current Tyros 4.
There are 2 versions of 61 and 76 keys and the sound is much improved.
Greetings."
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 08:54 AM

Great news cant wait to see it!!
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 09:23 AM

This is impossible; the Tyros 5 has not been unveiled yet. The only doubt left is: will it be tomorrow (the 24th) in Spain or later in another european country?
Posted by: KeyBTyros

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 09:38 AM

Info Above is correct only theres no info revealed
whats leaked is that there are 2 keyboards 61 76
people where wrong with that date 24 theres also something going on tommorow
but theres been allready something going on
Its not allowed to leak
But soon the info wil come i ordered mine today
Because i believe it wil be awesome 76 is my thingie Always been since i had Roland G800 G1000 G70
I realy hope i get it before Christmass i like to have it in November hehehehe Pff cant wait lets hope that wil happen
So my T4 I gonna say goodbye to smile

Greetz Rico wave
Posted by: DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 09:40 AM

Thanks Dreamer,
I saw this post on PSR Tutorial:
"Hello.
Monday was the presentation of the new Tyros 5 in Palma de Mallorca (Spain) and the screen is not touch, but as the current Tyros 4.
There are 2 versions of 61 and 76 keys and the sound is much improved.
The styles are real samples of audio."

May not be true at all. Sorry if it's not.
DonM
Posted by: Diki

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 10:06 AM

Interesting that Yamaha think a touch screen is a good idea on their TOTL Clavinova, costing far more than the T5, but not on their TOTL arranger.

Overall, a touch screen, if well implemented, is a HUGE improvement over a non-touch screen. Only those that have not got one seem to think otherwise..! With both the other majors having had touch screen arrangers out for years now (but sadly with Roland dropping it for now to keep things cheap), it is strange that Yamaha seem so conflicted about its use.

I am a HUGE fan of the touch screen on the G70. It enables me to do things on it at a speed that would amaze anyone using a non touch screen arranger. Functions that take so long to get to you never use them take a couple of screen touches on a well designed touch screen.

Yamaha need to make up their minds... are they good or bad? Putting one on their most expensive Clavinova seems to indicate good, but omitting it from the T5 seems to say bad.

Which is it?
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Diki
Interesting that Yamaha think a touch screen is a good idea on their TOTL Clavinova, costing far more than the T5, but not on their TOTL arranger.

Overall, a touch screen, if well implemented, is a HUGE improvement over a non-touch screen. Only those that have not got one seem to think otherwise..! With both the other majors having had touch screen arrangers out for years now (but sadly with Roland dropping it for now to keep things cheap), it is strange that Yamaha seem so conflicted about its use.

I am a HUGE fan of the touch screen on the G70. It enables me to do things on it at a speed that would amaze anyone using a non touch screen arranger. Functions that take so long to get to you never use them take a couple of screen touches on a well designed touch screen.

Yamaha need to make up their minds... are they good or bad? Putting one on their most expensive Clavinova seems to indicate good, but omitting it from the T5 seems to say bad.

Which is it?

The average age of the tyros buyer here in Europe is about 60, maybe Yamaha is right and those people dont want a touchscreen but the sollid buttons they where used too

Financially its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 11:11 AM

Just placed my order for T5 with Frankieve, only problem is it won't be in until April 1st, 2014. rotfl

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 11:22 AM

Congrats Steve!!!
Posted by: mc2pereira

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 11:46 AM

I confirm the information. There have been-demonstration to the official representatives of the brand. At least the representatives of Brazil were there, and according to them, will be launched many other new features...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Congrats Steve!!!
Thanks Donny, I hope you noticed the April 1 date!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 12:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

The average age of the tyros buyer here in Europe is about 60, maybe Yamaha is right and those people dont want a touchscreen but the sollid buttons they where used too

Financially its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons

Actually, I'd be willing to bet that the average age of high end Clavinova users is right up there with the Tyros users..!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 01:33 PM

Bert Smorenburg, who is a demonstrator for Yamaha, just posted on his Facebook profile this picture, with the didascaly:

"Massive Yamaha event in Palma de Mallorca, featuring great vocalist Susan Albers"

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 01:33 PM

"I saw a post on another keyboard forum from a music dealer in the Los Angeles area. He is a well respected Yamaha dealer and seems to have insights into some things in advance. Here is what he said...

"MAP (minimum advertised price) price for the 61 key should be just under the current Tyros4 and about $250.00 more for the 76 key version. There will also be a "bundle" version with speakers like the tyros4 external add ons, flash memory and stand.
The little bit of information I know is that there will be new pianos, more and new SA2 voices, new styles and lots of new options when playing chords from both the right and left side of keyboard. I have no info yet on features and if there is a touch screen or not.
I do know that the keyboard will be shown in Germany on the 25th of October so we should get a lot of information by this weekend.
I did confirm that a small amount will arrive hopefully in December."
Posted by: DannyUK

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: brooster
"I saw a post on another keyboard forum from a music dealer in the Los Angeles area. He is a well respected Yamaha dealer and seems to have insights into some things in advance. Here is what he said...

"MAP (minimum advertised price) price for the 61 key should be just under the current Tyros4 and about $250.00 more for the 76 key version. There will also be a "bundle" version with speakers like the tyros4 external add ons, flash memory and stand.
The little bit of information I know is that there will be new pianos, more and new SA2 voices, new styles and lots of new options when playing chords from both the right and left side of keyboard. I have no info yet on features and if there is a touch screen or not.
I do know that the keyboard will be shown in Germany on the 25th of October so we should get a lot of information by this weekend.
I did confirm that a small amount will arrive hopefully in December."

It came from this forum in the Tyros 5 61 - 76 thread, George Kaye wrote it and seems to have been doing the cyber space rounds!
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 01:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Bachus

The average age of the tyros buyer here in Europe is about 60, maybe Yamaha is right and those people dont want a touchscreen but the sollid buttons they where used too.

If using a touchscreen is, as you say, financially cheaper, why didn't Roland go with one on their latest arranger, rather than use the allegedly more expensive non-touch screens(two of them actually) and physical buttons/sliders?

Since Roland has purportedly been successful using touchscreen technology on earlier, similar arranger instruments, what other reasons would they have not to extend it's use, especially since users of the older instruments were allegedly pleased (and familiar) with this type of interface, and the cost to the company, and ultimately, the end user, would be lower?

I'm also interested in how you have confirmed "its cheeper to integrate a touchscreen the 50 extra hardware buttons" on an arranger keyboard?

Ian
Posted by: Tostie

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 02:39 PM

Research at Yamaha showed that touch screens are less 'accurate' in live situations than knobs (knobs give better feedback). Clavinova's aren't being used live, in contrary to the Tyros series. That's the main reason why the high-end Clavinova's have a touchscreen and the Tyros doesn't.

That's at least what I was told.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 02:47 PM

Just to add, Bachus...maybe the above post regarding touch vs non-touch screens could also be relevant in the Korg PA-900 vs Roland BK-9 thread here?

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...Rola#Post373178

Both companies are very familiar with touchscreen use, yet Roland passes it by...could it really be related to cost?

Ian
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 03:27 PM

I've had three touch screens fail this year, one on my car GPS, One Cellular telephone, one on my wife's Kindle. I'm not real excited about touch screens at this point. They may work fine for Diki, but for me, I'll stick with those archaic buttons and switches. No failures in 20 years.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: Beakybird

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 04:01 PM

This is exciting. That means that for us mid-range peons, we can expect a mini T4 in two years.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 04:40 PM

I hope the new T5 has indented hand-grips on the sides of the unit...unlike most,..its so annoying!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 05:39 PM

Donny, if it's the same size, weight and shape as the T4 it's gonna be heavy and bulky - not a good thing for old timers like me and DonM.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 06:55 PM

Gary Tyros the size of the Roland Bk5 or 9 would be nice

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 07:25 PM

If they can keep it around the same weight as the Tyros4, especially the 76 note version, I think that may satisfy a lot of people.

The Tyros4 weighs about 33 lbs.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 07:37 PM

No one is suggesting a touch screen as a substitute for buttons you actually NEED while playing, Tostie. Primarily, you tend to use a touch screen on the gig for performance or sound selection, a few other things. But the majority is and can be done by the switches, footswitches, etc..

The REALLY big plus with a touch screen comes when you are editing. It speeds things up to the point where you actually look forward to doing chores you used to avoid if you could!

Yamaha may have done THEIR 'research', but obviously, it doesn't match what Roland and Korg have found out. Arrangers AND workstations are far easier to run with touch screens. Having used both touch and non-touch arrangers and workstations, I can only say without hesitation, a touch screen makes life MUCH easier. Yamaha need to wake up. A touch screen isn't supposed to REPLACE buttons needed, live. It is supposed to ADD so very much more...

So far, three touch screens (my two G70's and my Korg Triton), zero issues. In truth, Gary, do you think the majority of the world would have gone to touch devices if they were as problematical as you have just had? Sorry you have had a bad experience, but most of us aren't having the same experience.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/23/13 07:47 PM

Never had a touch screen fail yet, but I've lots of Yamaha button problems. On Tyros 2 I had the paint wear off, they receded into the case, some got hard to press, etc. Maybe the same people make them as make the strip that goes under the keys! smile
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:35 AM

This appears legit but can't confirm 100%...it was posted at PSR Tutorial.

Could this be the Yamaha Tyros5 76 note?

Posted by: bomba6

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:52 AM

It does seems legit.
Someone took a quick shot, and cleared the background (painted it white).

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:25 AM

Realy hehehe Zoom IN thats fake wave Rico

Also Forgot to put Art 1 & Art 2 Above the buttons
i saw that right away

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:33 AM

The left end cheek appears designed to allow for both 61 and 76 note applications.

The right end cheek appears less wide on this 76 note model than what is on the present 61 note Tyros4 and the USB port has been moved to a position above the keyboard (on the T4 it is directly to the right at the same level).

Someone posted these prices, again these are not confirmed:

76 keys...Euro 3.800

61 keys...Euro 3.600

The color is allegedly silver.

Stand, speakers and flash card are not included ( extra options ).

I'm sure there will be more information to follow, and perhaps confirmation of previous specs.

Again, posted picture and specs and prices have not been confirmed.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:43 AM

Originally Posted By: KeyBTyros
Realy hehehe Zoom IN thats fake wave Rico

Also Forgot to put Art 1 & Art 2 Above the buttons
i saw that right away

You could be right, Rico, although perhaps Art 1 and Art 2 buttons have the labels directly on/in the buttons, similar to those in T4's Registration Bank?

I must admit, I'm surprised the cabinet is allegedly silver.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:49 AM

Ian what you should do is download that foto on your desktop
then zoom in look what they did to the display at the right
its sunken in to the keyboard thats someone who try to edit
the new slider left above the keyboard look at the two first buttons under it theres something fishy with those they are not aligned

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:56 AM

Ah well, Rico, as I said in my post, the picture and specs have not been confirmed legit. To begin with, it isn't a very good photo but, it might have been taken in haste.

That strange looking sideways slider in the top row of buttons to the left of the screen looks like a balance control for the recorder/playback section.

Then again, it could very well all be fake and we shouldn't take this too seriously, although it is always a bit exciting when a new instrument is launched.

Time will tell, my friend.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 08:54 AM

I just downloaded the photo and there is something weird about the left slider, as if it was outside the slider area and added to the photo. A few other abnormalities, too. The color appears as if it's a metallic purple - not silver.

Cheers,

Gary cool
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 10:31 AM

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I just downloaded the photo and there is something weird about the left slider, as if it was outside the slider area and added to the photo. A few other abnormalities, too. The color appears as if it's a metallic purple - not silver.

Cheers,

Gary cool

But the Tyros 4 also has such a slider on the left of the other 8 sliders with a shorter sliding scope. Look at this link and enlarge the picture:

http://de.yamaha.com/de/products/musical...tations/tyros4/

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 10:42 AM

You're correct, but this slider looks a bit out of place to me - I could be dead wrong though. I hear that a lot from my wife.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 10:58 AM

Gary,

I think it is wise to be skeptical...we can't be 100% sure till we get official photos and specs from Yamaha.

I think the overall upgrade will be relatively modest, much like it was from Tyros to Tyros2...all the way to Tyros4.

I also feel the biggest news will be the availability of the 76-note model, quite possibly using an extended version of the great feeling FSX keybed.

The CVP-609 flagship didn't have Audio Drum styles, and maybe the Tyros5 will forgo them as well, and perhaps, instead, add more kits.

Of course, all these questions will be answered very soon.

Ian
Posted by: Tony Hughes

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 11:24 AM

You are all guessing, I spoke to someone pretty high up in Yamaha UK in Milton Keynes last week, I wish I could tell you what it looks like but I have be sworn to secrecy, now just wait and stop pestering. Its not just a makeover, its a quantum leap. Spain will be the first to see it, don't know why!
Posted by: jimlaing

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 11:58 AM

Wasn't it shown TODAY (Oct 24th) in Spain? Or was that rumor incorrect on the exact date?
Jim
Posted by: billyhank

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:12 PM

Remember, last year the Yamaha speak was it will not be "TYROS" and it will be a total makeover.

This is a Tyros????
No make over there.

I think this is the start of the Hype.
Looking at some of the recent S950 demos, I think the arranger division now has some new blood and not a minute too late either.

Bill G

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:21 PM

Hi Guys,

Tony Is correct because i am in the same boat as he is :))

So also forget about the picture :)))
and its allready shown earlier then most people think
info wil be revealed when that meeting is closed in spain

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:24 PM

Has anyone counted the number of keys. I have not, but one of the guys on the PSR-Tutorial site did and said there were only 75 - not 76.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:25 PM

Gary my friend iTS Fake

Yamaha is gonna shock us because when they dont they have a big problem :))

That are funny people who are trying to get the discusion up and having the time of there life

also yamaha is not making a clone if you see that picture you also allready know its fake instantly

They realy need to come up with a big hit otherwise nobody would buy it is that easy

Greetz Rico wave

PS I orderd my one blind because i know its gonna be AWESOME

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:31 PM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:37 PM

M8 I gonna show you its fake
Download on your desktop
ZOOM in on the display then you can actualy see that the display on the right side is lower and right side of the keyboard is over top of it so that means that picture is edited

Its that easy

wave

Greetz Rico

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 12:49 PM

Check out pictures of a Tyros 4, with its screen lifted up. The right side of its screen is also "beneath" the surface - I think that's part of its design, so that when it folds down, it is flush to the surface.

I'm thinking this picture of the T5 is real. Also notice way over the right - that looks like a 61 note T5 there! Notice the position of the buttons its left cheek - just like the 76 note one in the main part of the picture.

Jim
(I tried to attach one here, but can't find out how to).

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 01:07 PM

Nothing wrong with the keyboard, I counted the keys. It has 76 keys starting with E and ending with G, just like the keyboard of the BK-9.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 01:17 PM

It looks like several inches have been removed from both sides of the keyboard past the keys. If the picture is real I'm glad to see Yamaha shrink down the size a bit! It looks like the 76 could be almost the same width as the 61!!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 01:28 PM

whats the rush?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 01:29 PM

There's something wrong with the perspective on the keys below bottom C.

Fake, IMHO.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 02:09 PM

If you look just above to the left of the USB slot where the bright light shines on the panel it says Tyros 5, or at least there's definitely the figure 5 there.
Posted by: Robbo

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 02:26 PM

Mmmmmmm, think Yammy is going to be a complete overhaul/radical, many new features, & i hope that the photo is a fake, will be dissapointed if Silver, also to get not only old buyers into the new Tyros, but welcome new one's also, the "T" needs a total makeover! So shouldn't be too long now b4 real news comes out, if only to quell the rumour mill that may make or break pre sales

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 02:52 PM

I say real. The artifacts that might make it look fake are imo caused by the (mobile phone?)camera and reflection caused but the stage lights.
Posted by: musicforyourday

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 03:15 PM

Look silver I was hoping for black
Posted by: rattley

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 03:22 PM

I hope the photo IS a fake!!! I was expecting Tyros5 to be RADICALLY different from Tyros4.
Posted by: Impuls

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 04:02 PM

For me it doesn't matter, if it sounds way better than the T4 I will replace my T4 for a T5 (61)

Impuls

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: jimlaing

I'm thinking this picture of the T5 is real. Also notice way over the right - that looks like a 61 note T5 there! Notice the position of the buttons its left cheek - just like the 76 note one in the main part of the picture.
Jim

Me too, Jim, and I noticed the other keyboard as well. I think that left end cheek is common to both models. I'm also not entirely surprised they seem to be using the same screen, wheels, buttons and other hardware from Tyros4.

Hopefully any savings in this area will allow for more expenditure on what's under the hood, where, in my opinion, it really counts.

However, I didn't expect and don't foresee anything extremely radical, simply because it's still using the Tyros moniker, and because Yamaha's arranger policy (albeit successful) has always been to upgrade in steps, not leaps.

If these pictures are legit, and I think they might be, let's hope the steps were big ones and in the right direction at least. wink

Ian
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 05:22 PM

OMG - some marketing GENIUS has really done a great job in this "leak" ... right or wrong - you're all foaming at the mouth for it.
Hee hee ... and I just bought a 10 yr old 9000pro with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE in it! LOL

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 05:35 PM

OMG! You bought a 9000 Pro with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE??????

Welcome to the "foaming at the mouth club" Dave.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 05:36 PM

Yep ... I'm livin' the dream, Ian!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 05:44 PM

Me too Dave.

Last night I went to bed, and dreamed I was awake!

The night before, I went to bed, and dreamed I was in a car muffler shop.

I woke up...exhausted!

The 9000Pro is a great board...a friend of mine in nearby Sydney has had one for years. Very nice action, but a little heavy to lug around, so he keeps his set up at home, and gigs with a Tyros3.

Lots of styles for the 9000 at PSR-Tutorial.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:10 PM

I plan to do the same ... it sits home and triggers a Roland JV1010 with the vocal board - I LOVE it.
Should I get the PLG150AP piano board? Are they up to snuff with the latest stuff? Is it worth it? I have the DX board installed already, but there is an open slot .... hate that. Gotta fill it!
smile

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:22 PM

Not sure about the PLG150AP board...my friend Johnny's 9000Pro doesn't have any boards installed. He uses his sometimes on stage, in a trio setting, and being the former on road piano player for Glen Campbell for several years, he's tickled having that extra bit of keyboard real estate.

He's playing it in stereo through a Stagepas 500...it really sounds great.

I thought I saw someone raving about the piano board on the Keyboard Corner forum. It's probably a good investment if they are still available.

Ian
Posted by: mc2pereira

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:31 PM

this site in Poland is already announcing the upcoming release:
http://sklepmuzyczny.pl/produkt/yamaha-tyros5/ad26a804c9d979e7fdd114941c24902f

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:44 PM

I'm wondering id the sounds are really updated over what's inside the 9kpro already. they are pretty good - the weak link in that board was the drums - they've improved so much since then, but the classic sounds will always be usable .. the Rhodes, DX, organs etc .... they all rock and the keybed is FANTASTIC. That's why I have it in the studio controlling my piano sounds .... I really like the keys.
Can Esh or someone comment on the AP piano sounds?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:44 PM

It will be awful if these teaser pictures and specs are totally bogus.

Next thing you know, someone is going to start a rumor that there is no Santa Claus...

I can only take so much disappointment.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
I'm wondering id the sounds are really updated over what's inside the 9kpro already. they are pretty good - the weak link in that board was the drums - they've improved so much since then, but the classic sounds will always be usable .. the Rhodes, DX, organs etc .... they all rock and the keybed is FANTASTIC. That's why I have it in the studio controlling my piano sounds .... I really like the keys.
Can Esh or someone comment on the AP piano sounds?

Now that you mention it, I think it was Esh (Jim) who made the positive comments about the 9K's Piano Board on Keyboard Corner.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:24 PM

I found some bad news about that board - it doesn't work fully in the 9000 pro. It was Jim's post long ago that confirmed that. I might put the DR board in it to improve the drums ... that'd be a better move for my use I think!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:30 PM

http://videofork.com/play/1828899

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:40 PM

9000 pro was a nice keyboard I had one 10 years ago I liked it a lot it was the last 76 key arr made by Yamaha until now .

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 07:53 PM

Not even remotely interested, but thanx. I'm not a Tyros guy. I love playing my KorgPA900, and now that I have the 9000PRO, I can enjoy triggering my Roland JV module from beneath the Korg for an even more diverse sound. The Korg is all I use live ... haven't had the desire or need to lug any more keys or weight to work in AGES. This old relic was the right price, in the right condition, from the right guy.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 09:50 PM

I really hope they do a nice job on this new one, Brooster

I'm happy as a clam with my Tyros4, but, it would be great if the Tyros5 hits one out of the park for Yamaha. There are a lot of people very interested in this new arranger.

Since my retirement this year, from over 25 years as a Yamaha Demonstrator/Clinician, I am no longer privy to the juicy pre-launch information that my job used to allow.

But, in a way, it's a good thing, as I get to feel excited right alongside you other Yamaha enthusiasts.

Thanks for the link. We should know a lot more very soon.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 09:56 PM

Better listen to Rico and Tony. I think whatever is coming will be totally different, regardless of Yamaha's history of incremental updates in the disguise of all new TOTL.
Before I would be enticed, it would have to have great (read totally different) drums, more ergonomic size/shape. It would have facility for foot controls other than the bulky, expensive proprietary FC10. (I think that's the name.)
If it is going to mostly audio styles, they had better at least approach the level that Ketron has achieved.
Also, to NOT have a touch screen is archaic these days.
As my friend DNJ says, what's the hurry?
DonM
Posted by: joso

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 09:58 PM

YAWN

Jørgen
Posted by: J. Larry

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 10:22 PM

As some say, what’s the hurry, I’m content, for now, playing my little gigs with the S950. It’s got more than I’ll ever use. However, this new model will have to be a real game changer to get my interest. If so, I might be inclined to wait until the second or third wave of shipments, assuming that the first batch may have glitches and bugs that may need fixin’.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/24/13 11:05 PM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 01:49 AM

Hi Ian

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I second your proposal...

Jørgen

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 05:11 AM

I mentioned this earlier in this thread.
If this is a real 76 key Tyros 5 it looks like it is about the same width as the 61 key Tyros 5!
Open up a picture of a T4 and compare the two.
Look at the USB storage device slot on the 76 key Tyros and compare it to the USB storage device slot on the Tyros 4. That alone saves about six keys. Now look at the left side of the keyboard. the wheels are much closer to the edge on the 76 T5 than the T4.
Posted by: Henni

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 06:29 AM

I am totally convinced it has full audio, just like the Audy. I can read this in the remarks of those in the know. So at last, there is competition for the Audya.

Henni

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 07:43 AM

The original picture has been removed from the PSR Tutorial site per request of Yamaha Europe, since the partecipants to the event signed a non-desclosure agreement. The official Tyros 5 presentation will take place Monday, the 18th of November 2013.
Posted by: abacus

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 07:56 AM

Due to the limitations of audio loops (They don’t vary like a real player does, plus you need quality hardware to edit them) It would be disappointing if Yamaha went down this route, however it would be a great way to limit the copying of styles ,and thus giving 3rd parties an incentive to produce them. (Although audio styles are more difficult (And costly) to produce)

BTW According to a post on PSR Tutorial; no info of the T5 is to be let out before Nov 18th on the orders of Yamaha. (I have no idea if this is true or not, but it would be disappointing if it is)

Bill

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 08:02 AM

Originally Posted By: abacus
Due to the limitations of audio loops (They don’t vary like a real player does, plus you need quality hardware to edit them) It would be disappointing if Yamaha went down this route, however it would be a great way to limit the copying of styles ,and thus giving 3rd parties an incentive to produce them. (Although audio styles are more difficult (And costly) to produce)

BTW According to a post on PSR Tutorial; no info of the T5 is to be let out before Nov 18th on the orders of Yamaha. (I have no idea if this is true or not, but it would be disappointing if it is)

Bill

Bill are you thinking its time to jump ship from Wersi? confused1

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 08:22 AM

Seems the date mentioned most recently is Nov 11th (posting in PSR said this: "All persons present at the product presentation event signed a confidentiality document prohibiting them to public any of the pictures before the official launch of the product on the 11.11.2013"
Posted by: George Kaye

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 08:37 AM

This email just arrived from Yamaha

76 AND 61-key models
Incredible new Voice content including but not limited to new SA2 Voices, new pianos, EPs and keyboards and a mind-blowing new ensemble Voice feature that will redefine what you think of as "real"
Exciting new Style content with all-new Audio Styles
Trigger chords from the right or left-hand, play left-hand bass or play piano-style while the Style plays the bass
New graphics for the new ORGAN WORLD Voices and effect editing give Tyros the feel of a professional recording studio
New audio features like Audio Link Multi Pad, Time Stretch, Pitch Change and Vocal Cancel

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:05 AM

Thanks for the heads up, George.

If there will be audio based styles, I hope they are better utilized than they were on the PSR-S950.

All the other news sounds terrific.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:07 AM

Thanx George ...
hopefully much more to come and word on size & weight?
Posted by: mweuch

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:15 AM

so this is not a joke? Yamaha is coming out with a new tyros 5? but damn the prize will be like buying an SUV!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:28 AM

being the former on road piano player for Glen Campbell for several years, he's tickled having that extra bit of keyboard real estate.

Really..? You need to have star credentials before the idea that a larger keybed makes playing piano parts feasible is good?

I am looking forward to the about face by Yamaha users about what a BAD idea for arranger players having a 76 is! After years of reading this from owners who couldn't get a 76 from Yamaha, so they justified it by pretending there was no need for one, it will be interesting to hear how NOW, it is a great idea...

Who knows, the day Yamaha finally put a decent action into the PSR series, all those who insist that only a spongy, no feel cheap keybed is right for them will also be doing the 'about face' dance!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:33 AM

Really..? You need to have star credentials before the idea that a larger keybed makes playing piano parts feasible is good?

Of course you don't need star credentials, Diki...I forgot all about you.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 09:39 AM

smile

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 10:01 AM

I received an email from my dealer in Ct. which states: "The Tyros5 will be available to the general public on Nov. 11th with shipping beginning in December with limited quantities. Now that's good news and official. Lloyd

Psr Tutorial

Greetz Rico

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 10:56 AM

Seems like the image has been removed with the following comments:

IMAGE REMOVED per request from Yamaha Music Europe GmbH

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 11:13 AM

I translated that polish site that was advertising the T5, not sure if it's been posted already so if anybody is interested here it is.

Product Description Yamaha Tyros5

Dear unfortunately, just like everyone, but we thought when will that be, how much will and so on, that is why straighten info, the T5 will be in late September-October. Probable Prime Tyros 5 to November. Unfortunately, Yamaha keeps us in suspense and nothing officially, no one knows ... wait.

Soon we will be welcoming our humble abode Music Store "Musicstore" in Poznan Yamaha's latest child. Known throughout the world, absolutely outstanding Tyros4 lived to a successor. What surprise us with new Tyros5?

We already know that Tyros 5 will have a touch screen (also known series CVP), audio styles (certainly in more than 25 countries, the PSR-S950), a completely new sounds Mega Voices, as well as Super Articulation 2, new (knowing Yamaha ) professional style ...

Will the new Tyros5 will have a more powerful sequencer? Will have (like Korg) two separate playery the midi and audio (and not just on the one hand and on the other midi audio) Can be available in two versions, 61 and 76 keys? Do you will have a built-in sound system, you still separate? How much will it cost? Is it worth to switch to the (coming soon) T4 old (or even older T) for the new T5?

The answer to all these questions is no longer the bawem, specifically in late September-October. As Musicstore we will be the first global presentation of the new T5, so all we will keep you up to date. Stay tuned and follow us offer. We invite you to share your opinion in the comments on the new T5, what else can surprise us Tyros5? Let us know what you think.

The final countdown ...

The clock is ticking ...

... comes the long awaited Tyros 5

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 11:40 AM

Man, it's nice being just a spectator again...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 11:47 AM

Ian, I had no interest in upgrading since I've been real happy with T4 and Pa3x, but with all this hype, I'll at least have to take a drive to Frankieve's to test this bad boy T5.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52

Ian, I had no interest in upgrading since I've been real happy with T4 and Pa3x, but with all this hype, I'll at least have to take a drive to Frankieve's to test this bad boy T5.

Be careful, Steve. Leave your credit cards and/or wallet at home...just take the gas card...ha ha!

I can't see me upgrading for a long time...I'm still in the honeymoon stage with the Tyros4, even after nearly two years. I think I've played it for my own enjoyment more than all the others I've had.

Every day, I'm either working on a new tune, a new style, or both!

You are even luckier, having the Korg and the Yamaha...best of both worlds.

And yes, this new Tyros5 sure has attracted a lot of attention here on SZ.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 12:22 PM

Ian, I left my credit cards home when I went to demo the Pa3x, but still bought it. I've been very happy with both the T4 and Pa3x. When the wind blows out of the north I play T4, when out of the South the Pa3x. It's a real luxury that's for sure.
Posted by: 124

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 01:33 PM

LOL! What happens when the wind blows east/west? Do you have to sit sideways? smile

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 02:09 PM

Diki if it was Roland say it you would praise it. Be real it is gonna be a great unit.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 124
LOL! What happens when the wind blows east/west? Do you have to sit sideways? smile

I think I usually sit at my Clavinova keys

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 03:45 PM

I believe the pictures seen above are actually the new models. I think the fader you see above the style category buttons might be a balance between audio and midi players.......just a guess!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 03:49 PM

A little bird emailed me today with the same message, George...the pictures are legit.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 04:09 PM

Ian,
Wow, that same bird made it all the way to Canada!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: George Kaye
Ian,
Wow, that same bird made it all the way to Canada!

Yep...and a slightly mixed up bird, I think, George...went North for the winter!??

No sense of direction, but a great source of information.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 10:49 PM

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Diki if it was Roland say it you would praise it. Be real it is gonna be a great unit.

If it's as great as the T4 was great over the T3 (not a whole lot, LOL), I'm not sure it's worth losing sleep over. I tend to like to skip at least one generation, if not two, between arrangers. Gives them a chance to add a WHOLE lot of new things when you upgrade..!

No, of course the T5 will be a great unit. The T4 is a great unit! Will the T5 be enough of a GREATER unit to warrant the upgrade..? We'll see.

And if it were a lemon by Roland, I'd call it as such, musicforyourday. I have no brand loyalty. I own Roland's, Korg's, Yamaha's, Kurzweil's, used to own most every brand out there. And when they sucked, I said so..! I've been quite critical of the BK-9's screen issue, but now there are iPad workarounds, I'm pretty happy. If it were otherwise, trust me, you wouldn't see ME 'defending' it!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/25/13 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Stephenm52
Ian, I left my credit cards home when I went to demo the Pa3x, but still bought it. I've been very happy with both the T4 and Pa3x. When the wind blows out of the north I play T4, when out of the South the Pa3x. It's a real luxury that's for sure.

I see you aren't any better at resisting temptation than I am, Steve. It's great to be weak...ha ha! In my case, I have to wait until my extra pension kicks in early next year before I look seriously at another addition, if I feel I need it, of course. That's why I've taken a sabbatical from gigging...I'm looking at different options, and going over some tentative plans with a few other semi-retired musicians. So far, it's looking quite positive.

I suspect Yamaha and Korg are still able to cover the TOTL market so well because they tend to introduce arrangers in steps, and not leaps, with Korg's steps being the larger of the two.

It's obvious that the market is still very good for TOTL instruments as both companies appear to be moving quite a bit of product, so perhaps their relatively similar strategy is proving to be a wise one.

I have quite a few of the PA styles converted for Tyros, and I find them very useful as donors for making my own Frankenstyles, as some parts, due to the styles being programmed over at least 8 bars, have interesting movement, and, since my own styles are always s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to at least 8 bars, they add a nice air of distinction.

A PA-3x might be a tad too rich for my budget, but a PA-600 might be an interesting addition...have you played one?

Also, your PA3X...is it the 61 or 76 note model?

I'm also tossing around the idea of getting a Casio PX5S 88-note note synthesizer, again, hinging on future plans...I haven't yet had the opportunity to try one out, but, the on-line demos I have heard, and the very positive reviews on other sites are extremely encouraging. It appears to be an awesome bang for the buck.

See? I have no willpower! Ha Ha!

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/26/13 02:15 AM

I see you aren't any better at resisting temptation than I am, Steve. It's great to be weak...ha ha! In my case, I have to wait until my extra pension kicks in early next year before I look seriously at another addition, if I feel I need it, of course. That's why I've taken a sabbatical from gigging...I'm looking at different options, and going over some tentative plans with a few other semi-retired musicians. So far, it's looking quite positive.

I suspect Yamaha and Korg are still able to cover the TOTL market so well because they tend to introduce arrangers in steps, and not leaps, with Korg's steps being the larger of the two.

It's obvious that the market is still very good for TOTL instruments as both companies appear to be moving quite a bit of product, so perhaps their relatively similar strategy is proving to be a wise one.

I have quite a few of the PA styles converted for Tyros, and I find them very useful as donors for making my own Frankenstyles, as some parts, due to the styles being programmed over at least 8 bars, have interesting movement, and, since my own styles are always s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d to at least 8 bars, they add a nice air of distinction.

A PA-3x might be a tad too rich for my budget, but a PA-600 might be an interesting addition...have you played one?

Also, your PA3X...is it the 61 or 76 note model?

I'm also tossing around the idea of getting a Casio PX5S 88-note note synthesizer, again, hinging on future plans...I haven't yet had the opportunity to try one out, but, the on-line demos I have heard, and the very positive reviews on other sites are extremely encouraging. It appears to be an awesome bang for the buck.

See? I have no willpower! Ha Ha!

Ian

Ian I know what you mean about "willpower" eek

I have the Pa3x 61 key model. I've never played the Pa600, but hope to. TonyMads has one, he lives 20 minutes away. I hope to get to hook up sometime early next year after I retire later this year. My work and family schedule, a few gigs here and there the last couple of years hasn't left much time for much else.

I have a few of your modified styles, great stuff!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/26/13 05:57 AM

Ok Diki I have a Bk 9 as well and I just can't seem to get what I want out of it live its very good don't get me wrong but if T5 76 really got me going I really love T4 and as a piano player 76 key version with piano upgrade and better midi file and MP3 player and new piano mode really got me wanting this I will keep T4 and prob move Bk 9 although I will need to play first we will soon know.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 08:22 AM

Has anyone counted the number of keys.
Gary cool

There will be enough keys for you and me Gary if it only as 50 rotf2 I only use half the ones now on my T4 and the Audya had far too many, why do you ask Gary do you need more.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 12:44 PM

Nah! 61 is more than sufficient for me, and for the most part, everyone else.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 01:14 PM

Nah! 61 is more than sufficient for me, and for the most part, everyone else.

Gary cool

clap clap keys clap clap
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 01:27 PM

Maybe they should make a 49 key model for you guys duel

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 01:30 PM

more play......less talk I say !

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 01:33 PM

Than...maybe....I can be blown away.. grin

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 02:10 PM

Fran, if they slapped a Roland label on the S-950 or T5 you would be singing their praised from the rooftops of Philadelphia and you know it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 02:47 PM

Fran, if they slapped a Roland label on the S-950 or T5 you would be singing their praised from the rooftops of Philadelphia and you know it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Gary, I don't think so....

If Roland decided to rip me off with a repackaged 61 key arranger and charge more than 5 G's for it....It wouldn't be it's praises I would scream from Philly rooftops smile

3 things wrong with this statement...I don't like 61 keys... I would't pay that kind of over price...and I stay out of Philly as much as I can grin

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 03:07 PM

From the guy who only gives us the latter... rotfl

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Ok Diki I have a Bk 9 as well and I just can't seem to get what I want out of it live its very good don't get me wrong but if T5 76 really got me going I really love T4 and as a piano player 76 key version with piano upgrade and better midi file and MP3 player and new piano mode really got me wanting this I will keep T4 and prob move Bk 9 although I will need to play first we will soon know.

Have you tried Roland's full Pianostyle Mode, with the Dynamic Arranger on, and used the Chord Sequencer, while you play some tasty audio loops in sync with the style?

Thing is, until you try the NEW stuff that Roland have added, you aren't getting the full package. For instance, you need an expression pedal to get the best out of the B3 sim. You need an FC-7 pedal to get the best from the BK-9, freeing up your hands to PLAY, rather than be constantly pressing buttons (that alone can make a radical improvement in live ease of use) and you need an iPad to get the ease of access to the synth parameters and programming and easy Performance and sound selection (but a BK-9 and an iPad is still thousands less than a T5-76).

If you can pin down what it is that is slowing you down on the BK-9, I'll be happy to help you find a solution or workaround.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/27/13 04:01 PM

Cheers,

Gary cool

I don't think it would work for long anyway, Gary...Mr. Yamaha would be so insulted, he would reach out from the grave and personally rip off the Roland label.

But you do have a point...that may be the only way we'd see the Roland name on a new TOTL arranger.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 08:19 AM

There are times when I just have to shake my had in dismay at what goes on here... Honestly guys, what is this place? A frat bar? A school playground? Kindergarten?

Grown men (somewhat grown, anyway!) chucking insults around over something so small as what brand of arranger they 'support'. Don't we have something better to do? Like play music, for instance (I know, I know... where's the FUN in that?!).

These things are TOOLS... Do you honestly care one iota what brand of spoon you use while you eat your morning breakfast? Do you feel like getting a rise out of the next guy because he uses a different brand of spoon to you? All that matters is, the spoon doesn't leak, there aren't spikes on the handle, stuff like that...

But somehow, when it comes to arrangers, rubbish like this gets bandied about. Mr Yamaha is going to rise from his grave to rip the label off an arranger?

What the hell has gone wrong with this forum... I see more intelligent discussion on sports sites, where fandom is actually EXPECTED. I suppose it's kind of futile, but I don't suppose there's any chance that we might stop this petty backbiting, and simply get down to talking about arrangers, is there? You know, with a modicum of adulthood? Let's keep this schoolyard taunting to subjects like football or baseball franchises.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 08:30 AM

Oh well, some of us have managed to develop a rich and varied sense of humor, and obviously, some desperately need to work on it.

Tsk tsk tsk.

Then, there are those incapable of even grasping the meaning of that first sentence.

Now, that would be a real shame.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 08:32 AM

Diki, Fran and I have been insulting each other for more than a decade. We've met on several occasions and always had a good time together. Despite the way it looks, we're really good friends. We just love to stick it to each other when we get a chance.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 08:48 AM

Diki, Fran and I have been insulting each other for more than a decade. We've met on several occasions and always had a good time together. Despite the way it looks, we're really good friends. We just love to stick it to each other when we get a chance.

Gary cool

Yep, Fran and I also correspond about arrangers, synths, pianos, and other related topics.

I consider him a friend...also, I also feel he is blessed with a good sense of humor...remember he's stuck it to us Yammie guys in some pretty unique ways.

I still remember the picture he posted of the Yamaha arranger resting against the garbage cans at the end of his driveway.

No caption...just the picture.

That was funny! And clever!

Ian

PS...Fran, I wasn't able to locate a G-70 to return the favor. I wonder why?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 09:12 AM

Anyway so when is TYROS 5 supposed to be released? ....this is getting exciting isn't it!! About time we got rejuvenated again just before Xmas!!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 09:33 AM

I heard around November 11th, Donny, but I can't swear to it.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 11:28 AM

I heard around November 11th, Donny, but I can't swear to it.

Ian

ok now we are getting somewhere,.....
The World Can't Wait!! dance2
Hope to see Yamaha pro Demos soon by Bert Smorenburg &
Peter Baartmans. headphone

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 11:36 AM

Yes, pretty soon we will be treated to Bert, Peter and hopefully Martin Harris (also an important participant in Tyros development) as well.

They always put on a fine demo.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 11:44 AM

I realize that most of us are friends... I'd be happy to see any of you down in my neck of the woods. But I simply feel that sometimes, we take the baiting and ribbing about the choice of arranger brand to the point of ridiculous.

And it sets a dangerous example for some of the less aware members, who have lately taken throwing personal insults around far more seriously, to the point of outright rudeness and lack of class. I know it's a fine line, but the way things have gone here lately, perhaps we need to back down a bit, and stick to the POINTS of arranger debate, rather than blowing up brand loyalty to absurd levels?

Me, I could care LESS what logo resides on the front panel of my arranger. If it does exactly what I need (or close!) I'll be happy with anything printed there!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 12:14 PM

Of course Diki, humor can sometimes be misinterpreted, and although Fran and I especially get a kick out of ribbing each other, I have had too many great discussions with Fran, usually over PM, to ever feel his poking fun is anything but in pure jest. Fran is just not a mean natured person to begin with. I don't believe you are either.

The use of emoticons should help, but sometimes their use is simply to try and sneak in a rude and personal insult, and that's not right, although if angry enough, we can sometimes post without thinking, rather than waiting for awhile and calming down before responding.

My old Uncle Jim used to say, "If you don't like what someone else is doing...don't do it yourself!"

In other words, don't perpetuate the behavior.

I had no reasons to slag a competitor's product when working for Yamaha and, now that I'm retired, I still feel the same way; that's not to say I have never done it, but, I can say, the rare occasions when I did, it only made me look bad...not the competitor's product.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 12:35 PM

On the rare occasions when you did it, I jumped all over your cold Canadian *ass! smile
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/28/13 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: DonM
On the rare occasions when you did it, I jumped all over your cold Canadian *ass! smile
DonM

I know...I still have the boot marks...but I wear them proudly.

Ian
Posted by: TheWolf

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 04:35 AM

14 pages in this thread, and remarkably little "Tyros 5 info". Can we get back to the subject please?

Someone must have info to leak, after all the damn thing has already been shown in Spain / Germany?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 05:41 AM

Yeah - Where is Snowden when we really need him?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 07:22 AM

The Info That leaked seems to be correct so the only thing theres left is to hear it and wait till yamaha comes out of the closet smile

Greetz Rico wave
Posted by: Kabinopus

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 08:44 AM

I met Bert Smorenburg in Moscow at the presentation this month. He was presenting PSR-S950, MOX-6 and MX61. Someone asked him why he wasn't presenting Tyros and his answer was "Tyros is a great keyboard. But it's very expensive. So I was asked to present these keyboards.". Also I had a quick chat with him and he told me that normally he demonstrate only synthesizers and Peter Baartmans demonstrate pianos and arrangers, so PSR-S950 was an exception for him.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 08:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Kabinopus

I met Bert Smorenburg in Moscow at the presentation this month. He was presenting PSR-S950, MOX-6 and MX61. Someone asked him why he wasn't presenting Tyros and his answer was "Tyros is a great keyboard. But it's very expensive. So I was asked to present these keyboards.". Also I had a quick chat with him and he told me that normally he demonstrate only synthesizers and Peter Baartmans demonstrate pianos and arrangers, so PSR-S950 was an exception for him.

btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for
Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 11:10 AM

It seems from the leak that the audio stuff from the S950 has been adopted. It will probably be important that Yamaha have fixed that feature considerably, made it more useful (loops for the multipad audio) and made loading in more content fast and painless...

Or it will be the boondoggle it is on the S950, IMO.

Ketron, IMO at least got audio loops right... You either use them for EVERYTHING, or you simply don't bother. I predict we will still have only a small fraction of the ROM styles using audio drums, which kind of defeats the whole purpose, wouldn't you say? If they are THAT good, they will make the rest sound poor by comparison, and if they DON'T sound that much better, why bother?

Yamaha have had a year or more to rectify the audio issues. It will be interesting to see if they managed to or not.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 12:29 PM

btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1
I asked Bert about rumors that Michele Voncken has problems with alcohol and Bert said that it's true. He said that Michele couldn't manage to perform scheduled presentations at stores so now Yamaha's trying to use him in different ways. But he still works for Yamaha.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 12:34 PM

btw what happened to Michele Voncken demonstrating for Yamaha Tyros5 etc,..? confused1
I asked Bert about rumors that Michele Voncken has problems with alcohol and Bert said that it's true. He said that Michele couldn't manage to perform scheduled presentations at stores so now Yamaha's trying to use him in different ways. But he still works for Yamaha.

That's the story I got as well, Kabinopus. It's too bad as Michele is one hell of a performer.

Maybe he'll manage to turn things around...I hope so.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 12:49 PM

It seems from the leak that the audio stuff from the S950 has been adopted. It will probably be important that Yamaha have fixed that feature considerably, made it more useful (loops for the multipad audio) and made loading in more content fast and painless...

I didn't know it was broken! Mine sounds pretty damned good, at least to me.

Gary cool
Posted by: Steve A

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 01:18 PM

I still lurk in these Forums being a non-Arranger owner in the hopes that one day, these machines would meet my needs....I still cannot get my head around why what I am looking for cannot be done....I could be wrong but this is what I want from a TYROS:

I would love to see an Arranger have the capability to record and edit individually any tracks played in a single pass separately as MIDI...The sequencers on these still have yet to be utilized to be complete powerhouse songwriting and arranging tools...for songwriters...

For example you play a Country Pop tune and you wish to edit the drum track afterward....Say a fill came in too early....Or you want silence in parts....

Or say you wanted to replace parts of the BASS track with a different BASS line...

I want to be able to Re-Record & fix in the sequencer or Audio individual tracks recorded to build songs for release....

I don't want it to sound like it was done on an Arranger, but want some elements of these powerful machines....Am I asking too much for 3-4 grand?

Does ANYONE make a true Songwriters Arranger? For the price of this puppy, you OG's may enlighten me that it can indeed be done....

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 01:28 PM

Steve, they have trouble accomplishing that in a full-blown studio with thousands of dollars in software and other equipment. A lot of the basic stuff can be done on the Arranger Keyboards, but it's a lot more work to accomplish the same goals.

Good Luck in your search,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 01:39 PM

Unless things have changed in the Tyros5, from what I've been reading and seeing on SZ, the Korg PA-series (PA-3x, PA-900, PA-600) has the most extensive on-board sequencer editing abilities.

Perhaps someone with experience with Korg's sequencer can add more information.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 01:52 PM

Thats a real shame ... I hope he can get the help/rehab needed, beat the monkey and get back to demonstrating as to me he was the best of them all.. frown

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve A

Does ANYONE make a true Songwriters Arranger? For the price of this puppy, you OG's may enlighten me that it can indeed be done....

You can see my response regarding your query above, Steve, but since this is a thread mainly dealing with the info and release of Tyros5, perhaps you/we could start a whole different topic about current (and perhaps some older) arranger sequencers and their pros and cons?

That way it would get instant attention.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve A
I still lurk in these Forums being a non-Arranger owner in the hopes that one day, these machines would meet my needs....I still cannot get my head around why what I am looking for cannot be done....I could be wrong but this is what I want from a TYROS:

I would love to see an Arranger have the capability to record and edit individually any tracks played in a single pass separately as MIDI...The sequencers on these still have yet to be utilized to be complete powerhouse songwriting and arranging tools...for songwriters...

For example you play a Country Pop tune and you wish to edit the drum track afterward....Say a fill came in too early....Or you want silence in parts....

Or say you wanted to replace parts of the BASS track with a different BASS line...

I want to be able to Re-Record & fix in the sequencer or Audio individual tracks recorded to build songs for release....

I don't want it to sound like it was done on an Arranger, but want some elements of these powerful machines....Am I asking too much for 3-4 grand?

Steve a synth would be a better choice to write songs from scratch, track by track, take a look at the Kronos, Motif, etc so much can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eovsM_r3wI

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/29/13 11:45 PM

I don't care what anyone thinks of Yamaha KBA but its got 145 post (TOP OF THE POPS) and it's not even here yet, its got you all on the edge of your seats and when it arrives it will be ass kicking time for it on SZ, if any KB manufacture took a blind bit of notice what anyone says on SZ they may shut up the shop and go home, not certain its a good barometer but I love it to bits...the T5 will need to be good to beat the T4, we will see shortly.

Cheers all..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 12:24 AM

If it has touch screen, chord sequencer, great songbook, lots of controls, great sound, great styles, great vocal harmonizer, and the weight is right I might be interested . . . No, on second thought I have all that in the PA3X now!
smile
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 12:46 AM

Don,

Nice to have a touch screen, but I found the PA2X screen a bit of a sod to use, if you have big hands the screen is only about 5" x 5" . You need a real big one like the Abacus, now that's a touch screen, not certain about what's underneath the screen though. I suppose we can't have everything in one machine unless you have a G70 then you have it all, weigh as well, man and machine in perfect harmony
Posted by: Beemer

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 01:31 AM

Here is a link on KF to my original post about Michele:

http://tinyurl.com/p6dvq9m

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 02:26 AM

Actually, since he is dutch, the correct name is Michel Voncken.
Just to clarify... smile

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 08:26 AM

Tony, I didn't have PA2x, but the screen on PA3 is plenty large enough for me. I have all the lyrics saved to the internal drive and many are linked to Songbook entries. I seldom actually use them, but they are there for requests and songs I don't do often.
Sure, bigger would be better, but I much prefer the PA3X touch screen to the large Tyros screen that doesn't have touch.
Neither is a deal breaker, but the total package is still leaving me happy until something better comes along.
I'm actually thinking Korg is due for a new TOTL before too long. Hope I'm still around to check it out!
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 08:45 AM

has anyone asked themselves
"Will the new T5 make me play Better then I do now"? I would think for most including myself the answer would be a resounding "NO" if your being honest. After all isn't that the most important thing?
Yes its nice to imagine the latest and greatest will allow me magical abilities but more so it's just new styles that sound different to your ears....and the solo sounds aren't too much changed,... much less be able to play them CORRECTLY SA etc...more so what you have now is much more then enough for what your doing musically... but who cares right? it's only money and life is too short to dilly dally....carry on.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 09:01 AM

True, but we all like a new toy now and again, Donny.

Don, I'm with you 100%. Never had a problem with my Pa1xPro touchscreen.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 09:29 AM

Steve... the Roland BK-9 has a pretty comprehensive sequencer, plus one take 'capture' of your arranger performance.

However, despite this, I am not a fan of trying to do everything 'inside the box'. I usually create the arranger capture inside the box, then save as an SMF and take it over to a computer sequencer for editing and polishing. Not necessarily because the computer is that much better (although there are a few tricks I haven't yet seen in a hardware sequencer), but simply because the display is that much more readable and usable...

You can choose to work on your music on a tiny 4-5" screen, or a nice 27"... I know which is more comfortable! Not to mention, things like drag and drop and multi-lane display are just not possible 'in the box'.

It has been a LONG time since working in the box felt comfortable to me. It's not that I CAN'T edit in the arranger, but when such a comfortable, powerful alternative exists, why deny yourself?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/30/13 05:10 PM

Over ten thousand views and people would it will sell? Lolol

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 06:14 AM

Care to translate that into English, Donny? smoke

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 06:31 AM

Care to translate that into English, Donny? smoke

Dam cell text lol,......anyway Im sure you get the message of the power of Tyros rocker ......
I believe the T5 76/61 will outsell any arranger keyboard ever made to this point period!! clap

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 06:55 AM

Could you be more giddy? LOL

The Tyros line has NEVER been the best selling arranger ever made, and this one won't, either.

How many people you think GOT $5000 to blow these days? Not even the PSR S950 is the best selling arranger. And that sells a LOT more than the Tyros.

Truth is some low level arranger like the PSR-E423 is likely the best selling arranger... at $229, it probably sits in more kids' bedrooms than any Tyros sits in their grandparents' living rooms.

Pro users of arrangers don't even BEGIN to factor into the picture!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 07:37 AM

Pro users of arrangers don't even BEGIN to factor into the picture!

So now your saying PROS don't use tyros that much either? confused1 I don't use one due to its size in previous models not cost as with any other "investment tool" for a pro player that would certainly make you a profit over cost many times over,. IF this new T5 (61) fits my needs I will surly buy one, we'll see when it's released. Just the fact that people have been crying for a 76 Tyros will bump sales into the stratosphere for sure, not to mention all the new wonderful features that I'm sure will be shown very very soon,......
lets just wait and see shall we? cool2

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 07:55 AM

I saw in a forum that there was a italian dealer in spain that was so speechless of what he saw and heared he right away ordered a few keyboards

so it must be hell of a lot better then the T4 i guess
less then 24 hours and november starts lets see what is gonna happen
hoping yamaha is going to tease us a little bit with some info
Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 08:08 AM

I saw in a forum that there was a italian dealer in spain that was so speechless of what he saw and heared he right away ordered a few keyboards

so it must be hell of a lot better then the T4 i guess
less then 24 hours and november starts lets see what is gonna happen
hoping yamaha is going to tease us a little bit with some info
Greetz Rico wave

Rico thanx for the news.......
those lucky Spaniards, lol headphone
Posted by: trident

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 08:43 AM

That's the story I got as well, Kabinopus. It's too bad as Michele is one hell of a performer.

Ian

For me, Mr. Voncken is head and shoulders above the others. They may have advanced "technical" skills, lots of experience, great chops etc yadda yada yadda, but you are there to sell the keyboard, not yourself. Michel made the Tyros (or any keyboard) SCREAM, and meanwhile he was smiling to the audience, delivering the message "So easy, you can do it too!" and that's what counts.

PS: IMHO, discussion about his alcohol problem from the other demonstrator was VERY unprofessional. It is about a colleague, they both work for a corporation, yet he gossips like a silly old lady. I also hope Michel turns it around and returns to the front line.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 09:14 AM

Originally Posted By: trident

Ian

For me, Mr. Voncken is head and shoulders above the others. They may have advanced "technical" skills, lots of experience, great chops etc yadda yada yadda, but you are there to sell the keyboard, not yourself. Michel made the Tyros (or any keyboard) SCREAM, and meanwhile he was smiling to the audience, delivering the message "So easy, you can do it too!" and that's what counts.

PS: IMHO, discussion about his alcohol problem from the other demonstrator was VERY unprofessional. It is about a colleague, they both work for a corporation, yet he gossips like a silly old lady. I also hope Michel turns it around and returns to the front line.

Was this his last demo.....?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 09:48 AM

Originally Posted By: trident

You are so right, Trident...I think Michel makes the complicated arranger seem accessible to the average player, yet he also has the chops to illustrate how powerful an arranger can be to an advanced player.

I can relate to Michel on one level for sure, having had to deal with alcohol addiction myself, and I hope he can find his way out of that bog like I did 30 years ago, with the help of some great friends who shared their own experience strength and hope with me.

Being a musician, especially performing mostly in bars, having a drink whilst doing a gig was acceptable, as long as you kept your head and it didn't cause you to play sloppy, arrive late, or worse, not arrive at all.

It's so sad to see one as super gifted as Michel have his talent and job compromised in this way, and hopefully he will overcome the problem, and get back on track.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 09:56 AM

if they put the new clavinova piano suite in the new Tyros 5 it gonna be the bomb look at the video when peter demos the clavi and that piano section is great like RD700 nx edits if they did that it will be a great improvment and 76 keys this is gonna me a great unit.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 11:21 AM

Donny... reread it... All I'm saying is, pros are a tiny fraction of the numbers that buy arrangers. They are probably a higher percentage of the buyers of Tyros's, but I really doubt they are a majority.

For every guy doing what you do, there are dozens, if not hundreds that simply play at home. And most of them don't bang down $5000 for a toy in their living room. Most of them buy low end arrangers.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 01:33 PM

Donny... reread it... All I'm saying is, pros are a tiny fraction of the numbers that buy arrangers. They are probably a higher percentage of the buyers of Tyros's, but I really doubt they are a majority.

For every guy doing what you do, there are dozens, if not hundreds that simply play at home. And most of them don't bang down $5000 for a toy in their living room. Most of them buy low end arrangers.

do we know for sure $5k is the retail price? European sales figures should be higher after all why would they give them the first peek all the time? confused1 also many will off set buying price with the selling or trading of the T4, etc,..either way the world is excited about T5 for now lets just wait and see. btw Happy Halloween everyone.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Tostie
Research at Yamaha showed that touch screens are less 'accurate' in live situations than knobs (knobs give better feedback). Clavinova's aren't being used live, in contrary to the Tyros series. That's the main reason why the high-end Clavinova's have a touchscreen and the Tyros doesn't.

That's at least what I was told.

Sure Tostie is right, as for the Abacus the screen has got to be the one of the most expensive bits of kit on the KB

Re: Tyros 5 info - 10/31/13 06:58 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha might have an iPad App that will act as a touchscreen for the Tyros5.

Now that would be really cool and the best of both worlds.

It would certainly circumvent the expense and other issues of going to a new screen by keeping the present one, as on the Tyros4, which is excellent for live performance.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 01:40 AM

I TOLD ya the teasing would start hahahhaa smile

http://nl.yamaha.com/nl/products/musical...=product_lineup

High quality authentic sound, full of useful functions that meet the professional needs of playing, song writing and music production.

YAMAHA Arranger Workstation

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 03:35 AM

Or UK site:

http://tinyurl.com/qzjvpwd

and four another official photos just added

http://tinyurl.com/pop22mw

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 04:22 AM

I wonder how do the people who were proving here that the image of Tyros 5 was a fake are feeling now. Turns out that you can make a photography and still if its subject is doubtful, everything in this photo will be doubtful, too, including the geometry.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 04:29 AM

For the full spec and feature sheet, see the attached PDF files.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 04:33 AM

So none of the attachments open! However from the off photo's tyros5 thank god is a lot slimmer than prev models. However mmmmm silver no black? Cant wait for the 11/11/13 to get the rest of the story!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 04:39 AM

Now that is strange as the specs only list a 61 version and no mention of color choice.

The photos in the documents suggest a touch screen, but the specs say otherwise. I wonder if this is the precursor to a later touch screen or maybe these are actually CVP photos????

They open just fine for me - using Firefox.

Bill G
Posted by: mirza

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 05:19 AM

Only 40 audio styles????

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 05:23 AM

if these pictures are real Im disappointed.
Posted by: kla4

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 05:23 AM

After reading the specs I found the dimensions are the same as previous models.... so not slimmer Robbo laugh
Posted by: kbrkr

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 05:54 AM

Pros
Double the Hard Disk to 500gig
Create your own Audio Styles
USB Wireless LAN Adaptor * May not be included depending on your particular area
Ensemble 4 Part Voices
263 More Voices
Updated Vocal Harmony with pitch recognition and stability controls
Time Stretch and pitch Shift for Audio
Audio Multi Pads
New Effects processors
New Organ Section

Cons
40 Audio Styles
3 less drum kits
No USB 3.0 ?
Same Silver Case
No word of a 76 key model
No Touch Screen
Same OS?
Same MusicFinder?
Same LCD Display (640 x 480)
No IPad Integration???

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:23 AM

Cons
40 Audio Styles
3 less drum kits
No USB 3.0 ?
Same Silver Case
No word of a 76 key model
No Touch Screen
Same OS?
Same MusicFinder?
Same LCD Display (640 x 480)
No IPad Integration???

surprised please tell me this isnt true? confused1 surprised

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:27 AM

The 76 key page was not available yet, this are the real pictures and specs. So yes, no touchscreen. Of course there is iPad integration with the (optional) wireless LAN adapter. Seen the limited amount of new voices and styles I'm probably not upgrading.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:51 AM

cool2
Posted by: audyaplayer

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:05 AM

Only 40 audiofiles?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:24 AM

Features

Authentic Ensemble Performances
Ensemble Voice is an amazing function that utilizes parameters which "humanize" the performance to reproduce the subtle variations in timing heard in a real ensemble. This provides an authentic sound that sounds as if a group of actual performers were playing, and allows you to enjoy playing like an instrumental quartet with ease.

Welcome to Organ World
The Tyros5 features Vintage, Home, Euro, Concert, and Theatre organ Voices, all superbly reproduced with stunning samples that allow the Tyros5 to shine in any situation that an organist might encounter. With features such as a comprehensive set of realistic organ-style controls, adjustable effects, and intuitive operation that allows you to alter the sound in real time while you play, Organ World is sure to meet the demands of the most demanding performer.

Add Rhythm to your performances with Audio Styles
Adding forty new percussion-based Styles to the Tyros5’s impressive backing and accompaniment capabilities, Audio Styles add natural feel, ambience, and warmth to drum and percussion parts, offering greater expressive potential. Audio Styles also benefit from Yamaha's Time Stretch Technology, which allows the audio to follow your tempo changes without changing pitch, so everything stays in perfect sync.

Enhanced DSPs for authentic effects that give you “that” sound
Not only does the Tyros5 have new and high-quality effect types, including Real Distortion and Real Reverb, it provides beautifully designed panel displays, with highly intuitive controls - just like actual effect devices. These also include VCM effects that use the same technology as the professional-level processing on Yamaha's high-end mixers.

Real Reverb
Real Reverb is an improved version of the Reverb technology found in previous versions of the Tyros. New algorithms take a greater number of factors into account, producing smoother, more natural reverbs.

Real Distortion
Real Distortion effects are based on digital models of classic guitar amplifiers from the 1960's and 1970's. There are also digital models of legendary analog guitar effect pedals. The result meticulously reproduces the frequencies and dynamics of real distortion guitar sounds.

VCM
While digital solutions are increasingly prevalent in music production studios and performance venues, but older analog gear is still used to get the warm sound that digital effects typically cannot provide. Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology provides accurate reproductions of the classic sound of such effects units.

A versatile high performance audio engine that gives you total control over your sound.

The Tyros5 is capable of playing back and recording audio files, and also possesses a range of audio manipulation features you can use to create “karaoke” style “minus one” tracks in the key and tempo of your choice.

Audio Link Multi Pad
Audio Link Multi Pad function lets you link your own audio files (sound effects, vocal phrases, and so on), and trigger them from the Pads as you perform.

Vocal cancel
A powerful Vocal Cancel function effectively cancels or suppresses signals like vocals and solos that play a central role in an audio file, allowing you to make your own “minus one” track and sing “karaoke” style with just instrumental backing.

Time stretch and pitch shift
Not all singing voices have the same range. The Tyros5 can put your favorite song in the key of your choice with a powerful pitch shift feature that lets you change the key without changing the tempo. If you do want to change the tempo, you can use the time stretch feature to slow down or speed up the tempo without changing the pitch.

Record styles
In another first, the Tyros5 allows you to record Audio Styles to hard disk as audio files, which you can also use in performances.

Powerful functions that bring new elements to your on-stage performances

Cross fader
Cross fader lets you adjust the volume balance between MIDI Song playback and Audio file playback, allowing you to give DJ-like performances while playing. Moving the fader to the left increases the volume of MIDI Song playback, while moving it to the right increases the volume of Audio playback.

Panel Lock
Lock the panel to prevent any settings from being changed when you are away from the instrument—the perfect function for the live performer.

4 Sub Out
Tyros5 features four Sub Out line-out connections that you can use to adapt your sound to any performance situation, whether it be sending a specific part to a powered monitor, or sending a different sound to the house PA.

Vocal Harmony2
With Vocal Harmony you can sing along with three of your own virtual background vocalists. Vocal Harmony2 takes that a step further with pitch recognition and stability controls. A convenient real-time Mic Level indicator is included in the main display, and a intuitive graphic user interface makes it easy to experiment with your own mic settings, effects and harmony types.

Specs

Size/Weight

Dimensions Width 1140mm
Height 142mm
Depth 450mm
Weight Weight 14.0g
Control Interface

Keyboard Number of Keys 61
Type Organ (FSX), Initial Touch/Aftertouch
Touch Response Hard1, Hard2, Medium, Soft1, Soft2
Other Controllers Pitch Bend Yes
Modulation Yes
Sliders 9 (including 1 assignable), Cross Fader
Art. Switches 2
Display Type TFT VGA 7.5 inch LCD
Size 640 x 480 dots
Color Color
Language English, German, French, Spanish, Italian
Panel Language English
Voices

Tone Generation Tone Generating Technology AWM Stereo Sampling
Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 128
Preset Number of Voices 1279 Voices 480 XG Voices 37 Drum/SFX Kits
Featured Voices Ensemble 55 S.Art2! 44 / S.Art! 288 MegaVoice 54 / Live! 138 Cool! 81 / Sweet! 37 / Organ World 40
Custom Optional Wave Capacity MAX 1,024MB (Optional)
Sampling Custom Voice
Voice Edit Yes
Sound Creator/Voice Set Yes
Compatibility XG Yes
GS Yes
GM Yes
GM2 Yes
Expandability Expansion Voice Yes *Wave Capacity: depends on the optional Flash Memory Expansion Module (FL1024M, FL512M)
Effects

Types Reverb 52 Presets 3 User
Chorus 106 Presets 3 User
DSP DSP1: 322 Presets 3 User, DSP2-9: 322 Presets 10 User
Master Compressor 5 Presets 5 User settings
Master EQ 5 Presets 2 User settings
Others Mic effects: Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
Vocal Harmony Number of Presets Vocal Harmony: 44, Synth Vocoder: 10
Number of User Settings 60 * The number is the total of Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder.
Vocal Effect 23
Accompaniment Styles

Preset Number of Preset Styles 539
Featured Styles 40 Audio, 7 FreePlay, 441 Pro, 51 Session
Fingering Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
Style Control INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
Other Features Music Finder 2,500 Records
One Touch Setting (OTS) 4 for each Style
Expandability Expansion Style Yes
Expansion Audio Style Yes Audio Capacity: approx. 124MB
Songs

Preset Number of Preset Songs 5 Sample Songs
Recording Number of Songs Unlimited (depends on the drive capacity)
Number of Tracks 16
Data Capacity approx. 300 KB/Song
Recording Function Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording
Compatible Data Format Playback SMF (Format 0 & 1), XF
Recording SMF (Format 0)
Functions

Registration Number of Buttons 8
Control Registration Sequence, Freeze
Lesson/Guide Lesson/Guide Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Your Tempo
Performance Assistant Technology (PAT) Yes
Demo/Help Demonstration Yes
Overall Controls Metronome Yes
Tempo Range 5 – 500, Tap Tempo
Transpose -12 – 0 – 12
Tuning 414.8 – 440 – 466.8 Hz
Octave Button Yes
Scale Type 9 Presets
Miscellaneous Direct Access Yes
Text Display Function Yes
Wallpaper Customization Yes
Voices Harmony/Echo Yes
Panel Sustain Yes
Mono/Poly Yes
Voice Information Yes
Styles Style Creator Yes
Style Recommender Yes
OTS Information Yes
Songs Song Creator Yes
Score Display Function Yes
Lyrics Display Function Yes
Multi Pads Multi Pad Creator Yes
Storage and Connectivity

Storage Internal Memory approx. 6.7MB
Hard Disk Drive 500GB
External Drives USB Flash Memory (via USB to DEVICE)
Connectivity Headphones Yes
FOOT PEDAL 1 (SUSTAIN), 2 (ARTICULATION 1), 3 (VOLUME), Function Assignable
Microphone Yes (Combo Jack)
MIDI MIDI A (IN/OUT), MIDI B (IN/OUT)
AUX IN L/L R, R
LINE OUT MAIN (L/L R, R), SUB OUT (1,2), SUB OUT (3,4 / AUX OUT)
RGB OUT Yes
USB TO DEVICE USB 2.0 x 2 (Front/Back)
USB TO HOST USB 2.0 x 1
Accessories

Included Accessories Owner’s Manual, Online Member Product Registration, AC Power Cord, Music Rest, two Music Rest Brackets, USB Wireless LAN Adaptor * May not be included depending on your particular area. Please check with your Yamaha dealer.
Multi Pads

Preset Number of Multi Pad Banks 190 banks x 4 Pads
Audio Audio Link Yes

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:33 AM

this unit is going to have 4 sub outs in it this is big we can now send different parts to a mixer so the house can mix like a band more bass more drums ect i suggested that too them when i met with them 2 years ago looks like they upgraded that it was only 2 now , i did not see any pictures about a upgraded Piano suite like the organ section I hope they did that dont worry guy there is a 76 key unit .

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:39 AM

I hugged my Tyros4 this morning.

I said, "Baby, you don't have to feel threatened by those new beauties...even the one with the bigger...er...keyboard isn't tempting me in the slightest.

You still the one for me, and, now that all the excitement is over, let's go back to making sweet music together."

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:45 AM

You are absolutely right Ian, and I will add that this is the perfect time to grab a Tyros 4 at a killer price (in the next few months the market will be flooded by them...)

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:47 AM

Wow! Weight: 14.0g. That should please many an aging bicep! LOL!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:55 AM

The Tyros 4 has 15 Super Articulation voices. The Tyros 5 has 44 or 55 Super Articulation voices.

Very interesting!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
You are absolutely right Ian, and I will add that this is the perfect time to grab a Tyros 4 at a killer price (in the next few months the market will be flooded by them...)

In my case the Tyros4's 15 S.Articulation2! Voices (SA2), 164 S.Articulation Voices (SA), were well chosen, and I'm not especially yearning for anything else. I prefer to only use the same basic and familiar sounds, like Piano, Sax, Strings, Guitars, Harmonica, Trumpet to name a few.

Being able to to do basic edits on board and more extensive ones on PC certainly provides lots of options, plus there is the 1 Gig expansion card I have installed for even more variety.

I mean, how many sounds does one actually need?

Even the SA Voices are extremely expressive and responsive and cover a very wide and useful sound spectrum.

The real plus, for me in particular, was being able to use Tyros4's SA/SA2 in the styles...Tyros3 didn't have that feature.

If I was the owner of a Tyros3, I would consider the Tyros5 a very strong temptation, maybe even a "must have".

And yes, Dreamer, a second hand (or new leftover) Tyros4 would be a super acquisition.

Ian

PS...Yamaha (and Korg-to a lesser extent) doing steps instead of leaps, can also be viewed as a plus rather than just as a minus.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 09:32 AM

Yep, wondering now when a Pa4X, or whatever, will be appearing. It's been three years since the 3X came on the scene, and now there's the impetus of a new top end Yamaha to spur things along.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 09:58 AM

Oh I hope not. I'm happy with what I have and I'll bet a 5X would be really tempting.
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 01:16 PM

Download them and open in Acrobat Reader. Works fine.

40 audio styles from a total of about 540.. Once again, Yamaha leave you kind of short in this department. As I've said many times, if they are THAT much better than the regular styles, you want them ALL to be audio, and if they aren't, why bother?

It just seems such a half hearted approach.

And there's no mention of being able to loop the audio you put up on the multipads (they make a point of telling you it's for "sound effects, vocal phrases, and so on") so apparently, that blunder remains unfixed... perplexingly so. Adding a loop capability to the audio is SUCH an easy bit of coding.

I am curious to see what the Ensemble Voices is all about. We've talked in the past about having ensemble voices split into component voices when you play chords. Maybe this is some of that.

And maybe I'm just from the wrong generation (despite 60 looming!), but a whole bunch of theater organ and home organ stuff just leaves me wondering how old Yamaha consider their target buyers are going to be? LOL

Less than .5 kg difference between the T4 and T5 for the 61 doesn't seem to be much of an improvement for those that find the T4 already too heavy as a 61. No info on the weight of the 76, yet, is there? But, OTOH probably up there with the PA3X76, so for those that want 76 and light weight, it still looks like the BK-9 is the only game in town.

I think all I'm getting from this info so far is, that Performance Voices feature had better be amazing, or it looks like VERY little really new stuff (a bunch of fancy skins for DSP stuff isn't going to make that much difference) has been added. The audio drums is already a bust for many S950 users, I doubt this is the game changer many want in that department.

Baby steps, as usual, IMO.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 03:55 PM

So far unimpressed, will wait for the release but i think the pa3x is now a much better alternative based on the baby steps T5 so far

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 04:32 PM

Damned, my hearing must really be shot to Hell. I really like the sound of the S-950 drum kits, and so do my audiences. But, of course, my audiences are all over 50 years old, at least most of them, therefore, their hearing is shot to Hell equally as bad as mine cause they're old codgers.

And USB 3.0 - we really need the USB drive to be larger, have more wires, run hotter and cost more. BUT IT'S FASTER! wink OK!

Lets see now, 40 audio styles - OK with me. I love every one of them I've tried so far, but I also like an enormous number of older MIDI based styles as well. Now, there are some players on this forum that claim they only need 10 good styles and they're set for the night. Not me baby! I want all I can get and then some. I want every song to sound much different than the others, and I want that difference to be distinct. So, with 40 audio styles, and access to 50,000 additional, high-quality styles, I think that sounds just about right.

3 less drum kits - How damned many do you need? C'mon, gimme a break!

You know, this thread is beginning to sound like the same old BS from the same people that will never buy a T5 anyway. They have already stated that in thousands of posts. They've already condemned the T5 to death, yet haven't heard the first demo, let alone put their pudgy little fingers upon those lightweight, plastic, unweighted keys that everyone is supposed to hate because they said they're no good. And of course, they are the most authoritative players of arranger keyboards to ever grace the Internet. Don't believe this is the case - they'll soon tell you in the next few posts.

Wait till the damned thing arrives and someone authoritative provides us with a detailed report of what he or she discovers. I would much rather hear from George Kay or his New England counterpart about the attributes of the T5 than someone that just read a spec sheet and now considers themselves instant experts.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:01 PM

I think the design looks really nice and it's the right colour. The display seems a lot higher res, it will look crystal clear.

Specs wise I think it's completely fine and didn't expect much more than what's there.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds, I think it I'll be stunning.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:06 PM

The display is TFT (Thin Film Transistor) which is incredibly brilliant even in harsh light situations. Had they added super-twist technology as well, it would have been viewable in direct sunlight as well. I'm fairly sure that unless I decide to sell my sailboat, I won't be buying a T5, and for most situations I think my S-950 is more than adequate for just about any venue I play. Sure would like to make a trip up north to New England and put my grubby hands on one though. Just might have to do that after the first of the year. Probably shouldn't take my loving spouse with me, though.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 06:16 PM

We will see.It' still not out yet.By the specs it is not much than T4.And T4 is not much than T3 as a matter of fact.
I guess it doesn't even matter what Yamaha releases anymore.It will be worshiped by it's fans.All the new sounds could be added as samples.Are Yamaha fans being raped?I think more or less molested instead.
I hope I am wrong, but that bk9 looks better and better .

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 07:09 PM

Gary... perhaps, having not played with a drummer since you replaced him with a machine, you may have forgotten what having one next to you sounds like. Try a BK-9 one day. That ought to remind you!

The weird thing is, Yamaha SEEM to be acknowledging how weak the drums are, by putting all this audio drums stuff in, then touting how realistic it all is. Trouble is, Korg and Roland both seem to have little trouble achieving a good live sound without resorting to this kind of system, and do it simply by having great KITS in the arranger, which means ALL your styles (if you switch them to the punchy kits) sound great, not the less than 10% that Yamaha provide for audio styles.

I simply feel this technology needs to be either almost 100% of the content, or none. The half hearted way they have implemented this would worry me no matter WHAT arranger it came out on.

And Gary, sorry, but if you are going to condemn anyone's negative opinion of the T5 because they aren't going to buy one, by the same logic, shouldn't you be against anyone with a positive review of it if THEY aren't going to buy one either?

Which would include you... LOL

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 08:15 PM

Diki, the only reviews I have any confidence in at all are first-hand experience reviews, from people that have ACTUALLY touched the played the machine - not reviews from people who claim to know everything there is about arranger keyboards because they slept in a Holiday Inn Express that was within 20 miles of the nearest dealer.

I really don't need a BK9 to hear great style sounds, I have a great S-950 that does an outstanding job for me. I've owned a Roland G800 and Korg I3, and while they are considered dinosaurs by today's standards, I don't believe the drum sounds have changed very much since then. And, if the only reason I purchased an arranger keyboard was for the drum sounds, I would just buy another drum machine and go back to playing a 12-string guitar.

And, I played with a REAL drummer three weeks ago. We went to school together and he played many, many proms when we were teenagers. I played the guitar back then, and when we got together I used the S950 with the drums turned off. Just the bass, a piano and a guitar. You know, those drums really didn't sound any different now than they did back then. They were too loud 60 years ago and they're still too loud. Guess I'll stick with the keyboard's inadequate drums - they may be inadequate by YOUR standards, but they have the right volume, sound quality and everything is well balanced.

Ironically, many of the newer styles in all newer TOTL arrangers really don't seem to place a lot of emphasis on the drums. Some of the best Latin styles and ballads have no drums at all. And that's not just Yamaha I'm talking about.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/01/13 11:43 PM

If they listened , why would they not go black! What about the poliphany? Why? No change from T4. As i said will wait fir official release, but sceptical that T5 is a major change from T4

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 03:32 AM

From the details given here are my personal views.

Authentic Ensemble Performances

I suspect this may be multiple sound samples per voice (4 Trumpets for example) with each set slightly differently to each other (Possible auto variation as well) thus giving the equivalent of multi layers of voice under a single voice button.
This feature has been available in the Pro market (Hardware & Software) for years, however I believe it will be the first hardware arranger to incorporate it, with the only downside being that each sample will require 1 note of polyphony thus a quartet will require 4 notes for each single key pressed, which could cause problems having only 128 notes of polyphony.

Organ World

This will be a very popular feature as most users of arrangers (The Home player) like adding plenty of organ sounds, (Particularly Theatre & Euro sounds) and the fact that they now have on-screen layouts that look like the original will really go down well, however to get the best from these displays you really need a touch screen which hopefully it does have. (Again this has been available on the Pro Market for years but it’s good to see it trickling down to hardware arrangers)

Audio Styles

Without full editing capabilities then you will need 1000s of loops to make the styles your own, so like the Audya audio styles it is way too limited, and thus a bit of a white elephant. (Pro Users create their own styles with loops rather than sticking to pre-set styles that are favoured by arranger players)

Enhanced DSPs

Always good to have, and as they are following the Pro route of how you control them this can only be a good thing. (Once again to get the best out of them really requires a touch screen)

Real Reverb

Better reverb = better sound, however until manufactures start adding convolution reverb (As used in the pro market) then it’s nothing exciting.

Real Distortion

As DSPs

VCM

Common in the pro world and it’s nice to see it finally being added to a hardware arranger. (Interesting to see how sophisticated it is though)

Time stretch and pitch shift

If implemented correctly a great additional feature, however pro units cost a lot of dosh, so it will be interesting to see how good the Yamaha version is.

Panel Lock

If you need to enter a code to release it then it will probably be a fine feature for the Pro players out there.

4 Subs Out

Is excellent if implemented correctly so will be interesting to how Yamaha have configured it?

The rest is nothing that hasn’t been around on other arrangers for years.

Overall then while everything included has been available in the pro market for years (And of much better quality due to the availability of better hardware/software) it looks promising, but not exactly ground breaking.

As always the proof of the pudding is in the eating (Not forgetting the cost) so a full review will have to wait until someone (Other than a demonstrator) gets to play one.

Bill

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 06:31 AM

Gary you are the Man I could of not said it any better.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 08:02 AM

So far - All the Yamaha arrangers that record MP3 to USB stick have a bug that stops the recording saying the device is busy.
This feature does work on several brands of USB stick, but those specific ones known to work are now becoming hard to find.

Anyone want to bet this feature now implemented on the new T5 will still have the same bug?

This never happens on my Pa900 and I have tried every USB stick I own.

Bill G

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 09:50 AM

when will yamaha shows it off to the public and is there a pic anywhere about what it looks like?

thx

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 10:20 AM

You know, those drums really didn't sound any different now than they did back then. They were too loud 60 years ago and they're still too loud. Guess I'll stick with the keyboard's inadequate drums - they may be inadequate by YOUR standards, but they have the right volume, sound quality and everything is well balanced.

Gary, good points, indeed.

The facts are, Yamaha has increased features on each subsequent Tyros model by basically the same amount since the model name was introduced.

Why is this so new to some people?

Considering also, that each new Tyros model outsold the previous instrument, one could say that this type of marketing works quite well.

Certainly it is nothing new, if we look at the computer/software industry, and even the automobile manufacturers to name only two.

Korg does basically the same method, although, admittedly, they may make larger steps.

Definitely some of the self appointed armchair marketing wizards will disagree with these methods, but, as long as they continue to work well for these companies, we can expect it to continue.

In my opinion, the Tyros5 is meant to appeal to those with Tyros2 and T3...not necessarily Tyros4 users, although there will be some who have to have the latest and greatest...and can afford it as well.

Also, because each new Tyros (or PSR) iteration doesn't make the previous model obsolete, I’m sure there are more owners who are glad things are this way, than those who are not.

Certainly it appears that Yamaha is doing something right when we see they probably have the largest number of excellent, and very friendly, user/enthusiast sites for their arrangers. Korg also has a fine forum for their PA arrangers and, like Yamaha, continue to provide first-class help with those owning older instruments.

To sum up, no one is being forced to buy the latest and greatest just to sound groovy...witness the many happy owners of Tyros2/3 and PSR-3000/900/S910 and, and of course, Korg PA-2X/800/500.

Thankfully Korg and Yamaha both continue to produce and develop TOTL instruments, maintaining a healthy competition, which naturally benefits the arranger buyer/user.

Just my 2 cents. wink

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 12:37 PM

You stand next to a jet, it's going to be too loud, too, Gary! But that don't stop it being the best at getting you from one side of the country to the other if you are in a hurry!

I've worked with some drummers that can propel you like a freight train, and I have to turn down to hear them! The only reason you would put up with a too loud drummer is that one at the right volume won't play with you! But they do exist! Primarily, though, the volume that they play at has got NOTHING to do with the sound. You can turn an S950 up to stadium levels, it won't sound as punchy as a Korg or Roland, and it doesn't sound as dynamic. It's in the samples themselves, not the volume.

And Gary, NO-ONE here has played a T5. But apparently, that hasn't stopped you from agreeing with them or trusting their opinion if it is positive. The double standard being displayed is quite obvious, mate.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 12:47 PM

The facts are, Yamaha has increased features on each subsequent Tyros model by basically the same amount since the model name was introduced.

Why is this so new to some people?

Considering also, that each new Tyros model outsold the previous instrument, one could say that this type of marketing works quite well.

Certainly it is nothing new, if we look at the computer/software industry, and even the automobile manufacturers to name only two.

Korg does basically the same method, although, admittedly, they may make larger steps.

Definitely some of the self appointed armchair marketing wizards will disagree with these methods, but, as long as they continue to work well for these companies, we can expect it to continue.

But that's the crux, Ian. Even YOU can admit that the other manufacturers make larger steps, and also support their arrangers with new features AFTER its release with significant updates. And all of them sell arrangers well enough to keep doing it. So why do you appear so happy that Yamaha make the LEAST progress for each model? At $5000 a pop, surely Yamaha users deserve at LEAST the same degree of innovation and progress that other manufacturers manage (at considerably less cost)..?

Nobody is finding this 'new' in the slightest... Yamaha's 'baby steps' is what you expect from these guys. Be nice if they actually surprised us, one day!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 01:32 PM

Diki, where did you read that I agreed with anyone's opinion of the T5? You must be reading someone else's posts, or something from another forum that I don't frequent. I have NOT agreed with anything posted about the T5. I, just like YOU, have not heard, seen, touched, smelled, etc... anything resembling a T5. That's why I'll wait till I see something posted from someone that has some first-hand knowledge. And, even then, I'll reserve my judgement based upon that individuals credentials.

Now, what the Hell does a jet plane have to do with anything musical? Just because an instrument is loud does not qualify it as acceptable, or even good quality. It just means it's loud! Nothing more, nothing less. As for a drummer, or any other musician propelling me like a freight train, nope, not in more than 50 years. I've heard and met some pretty damned good musicians, some of the world's absolute best. I was honored to meet them, shake their hands, and I've marveled at their expertise and craftmanship, but the best they did was get my toes tappin'. Propelled like a freight train - Nah! Maybe I'm not as enthusiastic about all this as you.

" You can turn an S950 up to stadium levels, it won't sound as punchy as a Korg or Roland, and it doesn't sound as dynamic. It's in the samples themselves, not the volume." How do you know? Have you done this? If so, please provide us with some examples, and some unbiased opinions from experts in the field that have some first-hand information. Yeah, right!

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 01:47 PM

Yamaha's 'baby steps' is what you expect from these guys. Be nice if they actually surprised us, one day!

Call the steps whatever you want Diki...but they are still expertly executed forward steps (just not up to YOUR standards), and their plan obviously works and it works very well.

I have a feeling it won't change.

The Tyros line, besides being one of the best TOTL arrangers available today, has had an enviable sales record since it's beginning, which is probably why they get criticized so much.

Nothing wrong with criticism, as long as the critic has the knowledge and the credentials to back it up...so far, we haven't seen anyone fitting that description...just the usual amateur self-appointed armchair marketing wizards.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 01:48 PM

I just finished my second CD using Tyros 4 and in the studio the DRUM SOUND to use Gary's wordS IT SOUNDS PRETTY DAMM GOOD.
Posted by: TwoNuts

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 02:02 PM

Wow...Might be time for a new name that doesn't mean 'beginner or novice'

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 02:09 PM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 03:51 PM

Here is what quality drum kits should sound like, and I am sorry but Yamaha and most other arrangers don’t even come close.

Bill

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 04:02 PM

Bill, that really sounds good. It sounds a lot like my ancient Roland drum machine did 30 years ago. At least that's about the way I remember it sounding.

Cheers,

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/02/13 04:19 PM

You don't need to apologize, Bill.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I must admit, I'm very happy with the kits on my Tyros4.

I've been doing a fair bit of home recording lately, and the Tyros4 is one easy instrument to work with and I get a very nice finished product, indeed.

These BFD drums sound rather good, but VST's aren't my cup of tea.

Do you use these kits in your trusty old Abacus?

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 01:13 AM

You don't need a dedicated program like BFD to have "real" drums or percussions: if you happen to own a workstation like a Kronos (or a Motif for that matter) or a module like the Roland Integra-7 you are set from here to the eternity.
The pair PA3X-Kronos offers the advantage that many drum sets in the Kronos are already matched for the PA3X, so you don't need to remap anything: just connect the midi out of the PA3X to the midi in of the Kronos (in Combi mode), select a drum kit on channel 10 and you are ready to rock the house. You could also have the PA3X drive one of the amazing bass sounds of the Kronos, but that would be overkill... grin

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 02:18 AM

You don't need to apologize, Bill.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I must admit, I'm very happy with the kits on my Tyros4.

I've been doing a fair bit of home recording lately, and the Tyros4 is one easy instrument to work with and I get a very nice finished product, indeed.

These BFD drums sound rather good, but VST's aren't my cup of tea.

Do you use these kits in your trusty old Abacus?

Ian

Hi Ian

I have drums from Kontakt (Including Abby Road 60s), Akai Kits and drum sounds from Pure Drums with the pure drums being WAV files that I have loaded into the advanced drum editor that comes as standard with the latest R46 software, (Full details in the Programming manual downloadable here Page 11)
I was tempted by BFD (Brett Wales uses them on his latest CDs) however I think I have enough at the moment. (The beauty of OAS 7 is that all the above are loaded on-board thus no additional equipment is required)

A direct link to the PDf file can be had by clicking here
Bill

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Dreamer
You don't need a dedicated program like BFD to have "real" drums or percussions: if you happen to own a workstation like a Kronos (or a Motif for that matter) or a module like the Roland Integra-7 you are set from here to the eternity.
The pair PA3X-Kronos offers the advantage that many drum sets in the Kronos are already matched for the PA3X, so you don't need to remap anything: just connect the midi out of the PA3X to the midi in of the Kronos (in Combi mode), select a drum kit on channel 10 and you are ready to rock the house. You could also have the PA3X drive one of the amazing bass sounds of the Kronos, but that would be overkill... grin

Hi Dreamer

Your suggestion is spot on if you cannot have additional sounds (VST) on board, however most arrangers make it hard work to set them to control external modules. (This is another plus of OAS 7 as it has it owns Midi Voice Banks thus allowing you to set things up so that the external module effectively becomes just another voice to choose from the database. (Details can be found in the Programing manual downloadable here Page 60)

A direct link to the PDf file can be had by clicking here

Bill
Posted by: Bachus

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 03:23 AM

Tough for those that hearxd the instrument, they must admit the sound is not one but 3 steps up from the T4...

But feature wise, its just a T4+ , and thats what all those old men want, the same old feeling, with a brilliant new sound, people buying a Tyros do not want to learn the whole OS all over again, they just want to play and have fun, enjoying the clean stellar sounds that makes their T4/5 just sound the same way a song hears on the radio.. If they changed the whole interface to much, it would not sell...

Rumor goes that the 76 version will be the pro version with integrated touchscreen.. as you can connect your ipad air directly to the arranger at the same spot where the regular T5 has its TFT screen.. but it will be also much heavier as the T5 pro version will be build for the road (where the T5 isnt) the T5pro will also have 4 knobs for real time parameter controll.. and the option to controll a Cubase host directly over the touchscreen of the Ipad air.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 04:38 AM

From the photos we have seen (one is still posted earlier in this thread), the 76-note model appears not have a touch screen...of course, we don't really know for sure, but all is expected to be clear after November 11th.

Rumor goes that i-Pad integration is a good possibility on both 61 and 76 note models.

An easy operating system should be a given on any instrument.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 05:56 AM

Im glad its all rumors for now..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 09:58 AM

I guess it's a good thing so many of us are aging, and have so little hearing left..! It allows us to be cavalier about something so fundamental as drum sounds.

Only the deaf could possibly compare a Yamaha favorably with the best VSTi's. Or those SO partisan to their brand of religion (sorry, meant arranger!) that they are quite happy to ignore things so utterly obvious that only dogma could excuse it.

So, for all you Yamaha drum fans, here's some more good news... The earth really IS flat (don't look at those pictures from space!), and only dates back 7000 years or so. Those dinosaur bones and plate tectonics evidence are just fakes put up by Godless Liberals...!

If you are willing to ignore the evidence of your ears (or they are so shot you can't HEAR it), there really isn't an intelligent conversation to be had.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 10:30 AM

Diki, I'm 27 years old, and I had my ears checked and washed carefully at the doctor's office not a long time ago. I do like drum kits of PSR-S950 and I like them much better than a lot of VST I tried earlier. Don't want to argue. Just saying.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 10:50 AM

There are good VSTi's, and there are bad ones. Just as there are good arranger drums and not so good.

Compare the S950 with the best... Try BFD3 http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=205 or Superior Drummer2 http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=30

If you think those don't compare more favorably than the S950's drums, this might account for why your mixes tend to bury them! You have to get your drums up to the point where they can be heard well before it makes any difference...
Posted by: Hal2001

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 02:19 PM

Here is the latest I've just come across as far as Yamaha's description of the new T5:

http://www.poubnews.com/yamaha-tyros-5-larrangeur-haut-de-gamme

The English descriptive info is below the French stuff so you don't have to parlez Francais. There's quite some good stuff on the new model but I'm not as excited as I hoped to be. On the other hand, 76 keys is very important to me so I'll definitely take a closer look. I hope the keys are a better quality than in the past.

Hal

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 02:54 PM

keys

Why wont they show the 76? & look at all the wasted real estate on the display it could be much bigger? confused1

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 08:22 PM

Tyros has always looked like it could accommodate a 76 (or at least a 73) without getting any bigger! That sure is a lot of dead space up at the top end!

I hope the 76 doesn't have the same wasted space up there, or it will rival 88's for length...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/03/13 09:52 PM

On one of my Yamaha seminars, I've seen a Tyros4 with the cover off...very little wasted space inside.

I suspect the Tyros5-61 would be similar.

Check out post #373434 earlier in this thread. The picture (which is of the Tyros5-76) is considered to be legit.

Ian
Posted by: Ketron User

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 01:01 AM

Here a glimp of some Tyros 5 - 76

Tyros 5 - 76

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:17 AM

The length is getting better, but it's still almost 18" deep ... that sux
One main reason that the PA900 is in my rig is the size. Smallest footprint vs. most powerful features yet to date ... with speakers.
T5 looks pretty, but it sure is deep. No go for moi.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 05:19 AM

One main reason that the PA900 is in my rig is the size. Smallest footprint vs. most powerful features yet to date ... with speakers.

Dave no speakers = not for you.
Posted by: Kytrinh

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 05:35 AM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 06:02 AM

On the topic of polyphony ... I noticed in the CVP-609 (Yamaha Clavinova piano), it shows polyphony as "128+128". I assume this means, in an approximate way, that inside a CVP-609 is an "arranger keyboard" similar to Tyros4, PLUS a digital piano (the Clavinova), each having 128 notes of polyphony, for a total of 256. Does this sound right?
From the CVP-609 specs:
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn83/jimlaing/CVP-609-1.png

Jim

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 06:12 AM

Dave no speakers = not for you.

Yep, no speakers, so it's a non non pour lui, plus, it's going to be pretty expensive as well, especially compared to the PA-900.

I would expect Dave's intermittent lock-up problem with his PA-900 (read on another thread) can be eliminated with a simple OS upgrade from Korg.

Ian
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 07:45 AM

The only reason you would put up with a too loud drummer is that one at the right volume won't play with you!

Is there a need for comments like this?!? confused1

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 08:35 AM

The thing is, about the T5-76, why is the external UBS port still offset to the right of the keybed? This adds quite a few extra inches to the length, and one would have thought that the ONLY extra stuff added to a T5-61 was merely the keybed. So leaving the innards in the same position that they are for the 61 would place the USB port above the last few notes, and the end plate could come in some 3-4 inches.

But they moved it over so it is symmetrical with the 61... That's going to make for a tight fit in many 76 cases, or you might have to use one for an 88.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 08:37 AM

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
The only reason you would put up with a too loud drummer is that one at the right volume won't play with you!

And where were you when comments like this were being made?

Quote:
the only reviews I have any confidence in at all are first-hand experience reviews, from people that have ACTUALLY touched the played the machine - not reviews from people who claim to know everything there is about arranger keyboards because they slept in a Holiday Inn Express that was within 20 miles of the nearest dealer.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 08:38 AM

The thing is, about the T5-76, why is the external UBS port still offset to the right of the keybed? This adds quite a few extra inches to the length, and one would have thought that the ONLY extra stuff added to a T5-61 was merely the keybed. So leaving the innards in the same position that they are for the 61 would place the USB port above the last few notes, and the end plate could come in some 3-4 inches.

But they moved it over so it is symmetrical with the 61... That's going to make for a tight fit in many 76 cases, or you might have to use one for an 88.

If this 76 pic is real confused1 ......this new T5/76 is Huge & WIDE surprised and maybe better suited for studio use then for everyday gigging and lugging around, vs the 61,...it's approaching G70 real-estate now YIKES!! Hopefully the great sound when we hear the demos will offset all that.. wink Sought of looks like a thinner 9000pro rolleyes

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 09:03 AM

"the only reviews I have any confidence in at all are first-hand experience reviews, from people that have ACTUALLY touched the played the machine - not reviews from people who claim to know everything there is about arranger keyboards because they slept in a Holiday Inn Express that was within 20 miles of the nearest dealer."

Diki, did you happen to notice I never mentioned your name in that sentence? Oh well!

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 09:29 AM

The 76 note version will weigh a few pounds more than the Tyros5-61 (14 kg or 30 lbs.), basically due to the weight of the extra keys and the additional cabinet material.

Still, it could be a good bit lighter than a Yamaha 9000 Pro ( 20.5 kg or 45.2 lb.), and a G-70 (20.5 kg or 45 lbs. 4 oz.), and might be closer to the Korg PA3Xpro 76 (17.5 kg or 38.58lbs).

It's good to see the Pitch/Modulation wheels in the same place as the Tyros5-61.

I don't think the size of the instrument will be a big problem, but it may not suit some people with small cars, unless they are hatchbacks (the cars, not the people).

My Tyros4's weight is 14.5 kg (approx 32 lbs.) and in it's well padded carrying case, isn't much of a chore to transport.

Just another week or so, and we'll know a lot more about it.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 09:51 AM

G70 not much wider than the T5-61, Donny...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 09:52 AM

BK-9... 20lbs, with a good solid action. It CAN be done!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:14 AM

BK-9... 20lbs, with a good solid action. It CAN be done!

Sure, it can be done with an MOTL unit.

I think packaging in all those cool TOTL features, along with a great solid semi-weighted action (with aftertouch), must still necessarily be in the weight realm of mid 30's lbs. or so.

But, kudos to Roland all the same in keeping the weight so low (at more than half the weight of the G-70)...the BK-9 is a fine instrument and a good bang for the buck.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:20 AM

Maybe Yamaha is targeting the T5-76 as more of a home unit buyers KB. And the new S-950 replacement soon to follow for gigging players..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:20 AM

Be careful to not assume that everyone wants semi weighted action. Heavy action is only better if you are a piano player. Lighter and faster the better for me.
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:21 AM

Ditto!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:27 AM

Be careful to not assume that everyone wants semi weighted action. Heavy action is only better if you are a piano player. Lighter and faster the better for me.
DonM

DITTO !!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 10:33 AM

DonM

Korg's semi-weighted action, as well as Yamaha's and Roland's, versions, are all still pretty light and fast...much around the same feel as the old M1's,DX7's and D-50's.

I only like weighted (piano style) for doing/recording solo piano pieces, so I midi up a Yamaha P-95 (88-note weighted hammer action) to the Tyros4 for that kind of playing.

For arranger play, however, 61 semi-weighted, as in your PA3x and my Tyros4, is the magic number.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 12:22 PM

BK-9's action is basically pretty much the same as T4, PA3X, minus the aftertouch. Weight feels about the same, nice and crisp...

I think that's the word that best describes what the PSR's are missing - they really aren't hardly any lighter than T4, PA3 etc., simply more spongy, less 'crisp', if you will.

And, in fairness, the G70's action isn't very much heavier at all. My K2500's action is FAR heavier than the G70's. What made the G70's so good was, once again, how precise and 'crisp' it felt, but even more so, its shape... darn near full sized piano length, but without the piano's fake ivory overhang, black notes almost identical to a piano's, but just SLIGHTLY more rounded, and a very slight convex curve to the surface of the whites, with the corners slightly rounded off and the ends missing that overhang completely.

The end result of all this is something that, if you are used to playing a piano, didn't throw you any curves getting used to something significantly shorter in length for both black and whites, but had none of the piano's tendency to 'grab' your hand when you did palm smears and other organ techniques, which were developed on waterfall keys that have no edges to bite you.

Some day, maybe we need to do something a bit precise in the way of testing what force is needed to play all of these different actions. I imagine a weight placed on top of a long rod, dropped from a specific height a specific distance, and measure how much weight is needed to generate a full 127 velocity message would give us good data.

Were this to be done, I think there would be quite some considerable surprise at how close most of them are. I still believe the springing and overall construction is more of what contributes to the 'feel' of an action (along with its shape) than the actual force required to achieve a 127 velocity message...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 12:35 PM

And where were you when comments like this were being made?

Quote:
the only reviews I have any confidence in at all are first-hand experience reviews, from people that have ACTUALLY touched the played the machine - not reviews from people who claim to know everything there is about arranger keyboards because they slept in a Holiday Inn Express that was within 20 miles of the nearest dealer.

... there's no need for any of it ...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 01:04 PM

BK-9's action is basically pretty much the same as T4, PA3X, minus the aftertouch. Weight feels about the same, nice and crisp...

I'm glad you are happy with your BK-9 keyboard, Diki...I understand how you feel...I'm very content with my Tyros4.

I was never unhappy with the PSR action...one adjusts and gets comfortable to different feels over time, and if I had been unable to afford my Tyros4, an S910 would have been my next choice, and I know I'd still be sittin' here every day, happy as a shig in pit, playing music, recording, and making styles, instead of fussing over what action is supposedly better than another.

I appreciate having such a great, and healthy way to escape for awhile from all the less joyful parts of life.

I do know that a BK-9 would not suit me, as I'm very fond of Yamaha's sound, and the BK-9 just doesn't have the same smoothness and balance; it works for you, and that's the important thing.

But, that's the beauty of these wonderful choices we have...we can all pretty well find something to suit us, and, most importantly, fit within our budget.

But that's enough out of me about Roland and Korg and Ketron...this thread was clearly about information on the Tyros5, and I think, since neither you nor I are going to buy one, maybe we should let the thread stick to, and focus on, what the really BIG news is....Tyros5.

We can bet there will be plenty of topics on Tyros5 and it's comparison and relation to other TOTL arrangers when it's actually available or at the very least, shown in some YouTube or factory demos.

Only about a week or so to wait.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 01:37 PM

I wouldn't count me out on the T5 completely, Ian...

They have at least addressed my issue with not enough notes..! There's a CHANCE that some of the new kits may very well address some of my concerns there, too (the new kits on the T4 and S950 were a good start to addressing that end of things), and who knows? Maybe Yamaha will wake up and realize, if enough of its users start asking for practical updates instead of 'defending' to the death every boneheaded decision they make (you don't catch ME trying to excuse any of Roland's missteps!), that a simple loop enable parameter on the multipad audio would radically change what you can do with it...

There's always hope. I like the Tyros enormously for many of the things it does well. I only wish that SOME here could recognize that my criticisms of it come with a goal of exposing the weaknesses, so that Yamaha could improve them.

For instance, punchier drums (like you already have in the newest MIDI kits) don't MEAN less balanced styles. That is entirely the responsibility of the style creator, and this is one area where Yamaha outshine Roland by a considerable margin. You CAN get Roland's nice and balanced (mine is!) but it doesn't always come OOTB that way... And doing it yourself takes considerable skill, something maybe lacking in some players, or too much work.

In fairness, I think if the T5 came with a PSR action, anyone not heavily invested in trying to present Yamaha in the best possible light at ALL times (not confident enough already with their purchasing decision to acknowledge its weaknesses, perhaps? LOL), would be entitled to bitch up a storm at something like that on a $5000 keyboard (you don't catch Yamaha inflicting those on its WS players!). And, I'm sorry, but if you compare the PSR action to ANY other keyboard, arranger or WS in the same price bracket, it still comes up woefully short. I have to tell you, if Roland did that to me, you wouldn't see me sucking it up and trying to flame those pointing the obvious out... I would be leading the pack demanding parity with other keyboards from the same manufacturer at the same price!

Now, don't get me wrong... if the FEATURES of a Roland arranger made it a must buy for me, even with the lousy action, yes, I'd probably buy it. The BIG difference would be, I wouldn't be sitting there, knowing how bad it sucks (comparatively), trying to tell people when THEY point that out that they know NOTHING about arrangers, it's fine, go back to your Holiday Inn! I'd agree with them, try to work with them to get Roland to improve it, and move on...

There's only ONE reason I make any arranger critiques... To try and help be a force for improvement. And I am as willing to do it to my OWN arranger as I am doing it to anything else. That's how you improve the breed. Don't excuse faults, expose them, and let the breeders work harder to fix it on the NEXT generation.

IMO, PSR owners have sucked it up and made feeble excuses for too long. Yamaha could EASILY afford to put a quality action in a $2000 arranger. They do for WS's costing MUCH less. But it won't get better while every fault is pushed under the rug, and those trying to drag it out into the light of day are ridiculed and attacked.

You know, the NEXT generation of Yamaha's might have a Chord Sequencer. Both Roland and Korg now have one, and more and more people are beginning to realize how useful it can be. And if you get one, guess who you'll have to thank for it..? Not Yamaha users, that's for sure..! If it ain't on a Yamaha NOW, it patently can't be of any use, right? rolleyes

Let's just get down from our high horses, and try to improve these things. There is still MUCH work to be done, to ALL of them.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 01:50 PM

I'm glad you are happy with your BK-9 keyboard, Diki...I understand how you feel...I'm very content with my Tyros4.

Sorry, Ian. Hate to burst the bubble, but there's much about the BK-9 that could be improved. Now, that don't mean I'm UNhappy with it, but I'm not ecstatic. Obviously, the loss of the touch screen is a disappointment. The loss of aftertouch is a lesser annoyance. Dropping one of the UPR and LWR Parts is a shame. Not having OTS for SMF use is a bit of a loss.

OTOH, it came to me a good $1500 less than the G70 came to me first.

It has my Chord Sequencer back party

It has synced loop capabilities and WAV/MP3 playback, FAR better Hammond (the equal of a Nord, IMO), SA2 type sounds (the guitars are to die for), hugely improved drums (which were already industry leaders in the first place!), vastly improved overall sound selection, and of course, HALF THE WEIGHT!

Actually, LESS than half the weight! clap

But at no time whatsoever will you catch me trying to deny what faults it DOES have. And I think that's where you'll find the difference between me and some others here who cannot abide the least word of criticism about what THEY use.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 02:25 PM

But at no time whatsoever will you catch me trying to deny what faults it DOES have. And I think that's where you'll find the difference between me and some others here who cannot abide the least word of criticism about what THEY use.

That's great, buddy.

You see, I'm not going to get caught up in all the criticism anymore...at least until I see and hear what this topic was original about...the Tyros5.

I also have no intention of inventing faults with the instrument I'm very happy with using, just so you might feel better about the way you slag your own.

I'm just going to sign in, read all the posts, have a chuckle, post a reply if I feel like it, and then go back to playing, recording, and style making.

I'm afraid one doesn't have to come down off a high horse, if they are wise enough not to put themselves up there in the first place. I've seen so many mounts and dismounts throughout this thread it's starting to look like a John Wayne western movie.

I'm glad I know my limitations...I'll leave the horsey stuff and it's less than fragrant by-products to the ones who obviously feel they are more qualified.

Just a small teensy weensy ittsy bittsy suggestion, but have you thought about starting a separate thread on the BK-9, because I think most people clicking on this topic, expect it to be about Tyros5 information...not someone trying to justify their purchase of a keyboard they obviously aren't totally happy with.

Man, am I ever glad my search is over. Contentedness can be elusive, but I have found it.

Good luck with yours.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 02:39 PM

My point in another thread was that I'd rather have the PSR keys than Tyros keys. Has to do with speed, arthritis in the fingers, and years of playing organ, plus zero years of playing piano.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 03:04 PM

My point in another thread was that I'd rather have the PSR keys than Tyros keys. Has to do with speed, arthritis in the fingers, and years of playing organ, plus zero years of playing piano.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
DonM

Don, aren't the keys on your PA3X a little firmer than PSR or the lower priced PA-series like the 500 or 600?

I only played a PA3x for less than half an hour with a lot of interruptions, but I found the action to be comparable to the Tyros2/3/4.

Thinking back, one of the nicest feeling actions I played was on my old Polymoog, one of the first synths with touch sensitivity.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a paragon of reliability.

For a player coming from an organ background, PSR keys would be very comfortable, yet still give great control over expression.

When I go from playing my Tyros4, to a PSR-S910/S950 it takes several minutes to adjust, the throw in the PSR keys being a tad shallower, as well as being less resistant.

It's no worse than coming from an 88 note weighted action to a Tyros4's semi-weighted keyboard.

Ian

Posted by: sparky589

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 03:48 PM

I see the T5 will not be black as anticipated. I am curious; is there any way to know if all of the limited edition anniversary t4's all been gobbled up or are there any to be had, and does the T5 release diminish the value of this edition??

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:05 PM

looks like a thinner 9000pro rolleyes

The 9000PRO is 17" wide ... the T5 is even bigger!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:05 PM

Yes, the PA3X keys are semi-weighted. I wish they were lighter. Eventually I may HAVE to change to something lighter but for now I can live with it. Them seem very similar to T4, Audya, G70, etc.
I'm sure there are some differences that piano players might feel, but not so much for me, as best I recall about the others.
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:12 PM

I always thought the PSR keys were a few steps behind the Tyros series, which led me to believe that even Yamaha considers them to be of a lesser build quality. They put the better action and stronger keys on their top line gear. I like light and fast, but I never liked the PSR "feel". I could own and get used to a Tyros if it had built in speakers and triggered chords like the Korg does, but in it's present state - I am not a contender for a T-anything.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:22 PM

Yes, the PA3X keys are semi-weighted. I wish they were lighter. Eventually I may HAVE to change to something lighter but for now I can live with it. Them seem very similar to T4, Audya, G70, etc.
I'm sure there are some differences that piano players might feel, but not so much for me, as best I recall about the others.
DonM

Since you are obviously pleased with the PA3x (and who wouldn't be) have you considered the PA-900? It weighs only about 24 lbs and even has speakers.

Perhaps Dave could tell you/us if there is a big difference, if any, between the PA3X and PA-900 keyboards, and would it be worth the change...when you are ready, of course.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:27 PM

That is certainly an option.
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 04:27 PM

As many of you may recall, I was in love with the PA3x .. all except for the lack of speakers. I think is was cosmetically, my favorite layout and great key feel, screen placement etc was a perfect fit for me. The 900 feels about 80-90% the same as the 3x .... just a tad lighter, if anything, but not much. All the essentials are in the 900, but if you had to miss something:
1) mic input (XLR) and better harmonizer
2) sliders
3) multi outs for better mixing
4) more mastering choices

For the way I use a KB, the 900 is better suited, as the speakers become as important as a band member to me when I am in tight spaces (which is ALOT). Don would make a 900 sing, and he'd be comfy the first night on it.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 05:47 PM

Unless what has been revealed so far is incorrect, the listed weight of the Tyros5-61 is slightly less than that of the Tyros4.

Here are the latest specs listed for both 61 note models:

Tyros4 ......14.5 Kg (~32.0 lbs.)

Tyros5-61 ...14.0 Kg (~30.9 lbs.)

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 06:26 PM

Just seven (yes, seven) more days...until the big show...

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/04/13 07:17 PM

I dont have a TYROS but how often to Yamaha come out with a new Tyros? Every three years or so? I have been using KORG and my last Yamaha was the PSR9000 when it was first released. I my take a look at the T5! I am still on the KORG PA1X and might time for an upgrade.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/05/13 01:48 AM

hmmm .... funny, This thread is called "Tyros 5 info" but it is mainly filled with posts about other brand instruments where people promote their current ones laugh

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/05/13 01:43 PM

I have noticed that the yamaha Australian site has not updated with the proposed event of Tyros 5. Wonder if we are going to be a late inclusion for delivery?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/06/13 10:34 AM

Ian, if you can't find anything to improve on the arranger you have, I guess you should thank God there's someone at Yamaha that CAN..!

And sorry, but no-one is inventing things wrong with the T5. It is a FACT that you can't loop the audio on the multipads on an S950, and no ad copy from Yamaha themselves indicates that they added it for the T5.

It is a FACT you cannot quickly load in new audio drum styles on the S950, and few have been made available, and once again, there isn't word ONE about being able to quickly load in more in the T5.

I don't need to invent faults, Ian. Yamaha provide them for me to point out. As do Roland. And the faults on my arrangers don't stop me enjoying using it, any more than Yamaha's faults (which you know better than anyone, you are just less willing to discuss them) stop you.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/06/13 11:08 AM

Diki,

I was referring to me inventing faults on my Tyros4...not the Tyros5 or S950...duh!

I can't help it if the instrument is exactly what I want.

Just so you are aware, I've already acknowledged my feelings about the S950 elsewhere, and regarding Tyros5, I plan on actually hearing and playing one and/or reading the manual, before making any comments on how the instrument performs.

Carry on, Sunshine.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/06/13 11:11 AM

"East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet" . . . Rudyard Kipling. In this case Canada and Florida! smile
DonM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/06/13 12:39 PM

How true, Don...sometimes we are lucky enough to find ourselves living in a place that we feel is just about the nicest spot on earth...this little island of Cape Breton is a part of Canada that is as good as it gets.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCuHAyrelBo

And sometimes we happen to wind up with a keyboard that just does all that we need, and we can get off that merry-go-round of constantly looking for the next model that'll make things complete. For me it was the Tyros4.

I'm very fortunate to have found both.

Ian
Posted by: chony

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/06/13 11:25 PM

Diki, you're on the ball. So glad to see someone else pointing out the issues that you are. Mainly the fixable ones like multipad looping and time stretching. Most people here have no idea of the potential power - to them a Tyros is just a more expensive PSR. I have almost a GB of audio multipads on my T4 that I use at gigs - mainly sax, brass and guitar riffs and solos I paid thousands of dollars to professionally record. Nothing adds realism like my audio multipads. Problem is on the s950 (and probably te T5), you can't trigger them to start at the biginning of the next measure - which can lead to inaccurate timing. And you can't loop. Also I'm at a complete loss to understand why Yamaha puts effort into so many things but neglects the drums ...

I do plan to launch an intense lobbying campaign if my fears over the multipads are true. Happy to see I have at least one person with me...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 01:25 AM

Official press release

He's coming, the successor of the Yamaha Tyros 4.
The Keyboard that really can do anything ... and beyond

Interesting smile

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 01:45 AM

Hi

Originally Posted By: kla4
hmmm .... funny, This thread is called "Tyros 5 info" but it is mainly filled with posts about other brand instruments where people promote their current ones laugh

Those members ought to start a new thread: Why I like/love "xxx"...

Jørgen

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 04:38 AM

Hi Jørgen,

Yes I agree, but they don't. This is the main reason I (more or less) left this great discussion site.
Did you already order the T5?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 05:15 AM

More popcorn available in the lobby...

Four...count 'em. FOUR! Only four days left to wait.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 09:47 AM

I simply don't understand Yamaha people. Here we have not only the S950, but now the $5000 T5, with the potential to be able to do USER audio loops in sync with their styles, and where is the outcry that Yamaha forgot to add any loop capability and synced triggering?

There are more people pointing this out and saying it ought to be added as an update (it doesn't require any additional hardware or front panel buttons) that play other arrangers (that can do this) than there are Yamaha users crying out for it.

It seems we have two different possibilities for this... Either very few with a Yamaha can see the possibilities and potential of being easily able to import audio loops they got from the Internet (millions out there), or bought commercially (millions more), and having them loop and play along with their arranger. Do they really lack THAT degree of imagination? Something most WS's have been able to do for over a decade.

Or are they so defensive about their manufacturer that they dare not acknowledge this massive misstep? Which begs the question... As the best selling brand of arrangers, why do they feel the NEED to be so defensive..? What is it about Yamaha owners that silences them when it comes to pointing out the few blunders Yamaha make? Why does something so easily fixed, and so radically powerful when it comes to changing the sound of arranger playing and leaping forward to the 21st century sound of today get almost no complaints at all?

Strangely, you really don't hear owners of other brands closing ranks to stay silent about obvious missteps... which, if you are maybe concerned about hurting sales and reputation, they probably need to more than mighty Yamaha needs it!

Only Yamaha seems to gather users more determined to publicly accept mistakes, go well out of their way to find arcane and usually patently transparently excuses for these missteps, or simply be defiant and make the absurd statements like they don't NEED any improvement...

Guys... I've got news for you. If you WANT audio loops on multipads that stay in sync with the arranger, you'll get it a LOT faster if you write about it, ask Yamaha why they DIDN'T add a stupidly simple loop capability, and make enough noise to get it pronto. Do you REALLY like all the other brands capable of this and your (including a $5000 arranger) still incapable of it?

And if you don't want this.... yikes!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 10:40 AM

"I simply don't understand Yamaha people"

Yamaha people are NOT in receivership!
The devil inside is in the details.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 11:49 AM

What is up with only 128 mb for audio styles???
Posted by: chony

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 12:36 PM

Diki + 1

I'm keeping quiet until 11/11. But if it's true there's no looping capability, I'm going to lobby hard for it.
Posted by: sparky589

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 01:36 PM

I thought the 61 key can be had for $3,788 and the 76 for $250 more rather than the $5k being bantered about, or have I misread?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 01:36 PM

"I simply don't understand Yamaha people"

Yamaha people are NOT in receivership!
The devil inside is in the details.

Good God! Where are you getting this from that post! Is English your first language?
Posted by: zuki

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 03:24 PM

OMG! You bought a 9000 Pro with a FLOPPY DISK DRIVE??????

Welcome to the "foaming at the mouth club" Dave.

Ian

Hey, now UD and I can swap floppies (PF-1000)

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 04:13 PM

9000 pro was the last professional arranger Yamaha made.And it looks like it's going to stay that way.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/07/13 04:27 PM

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 06:55 AM

From Korg Forum

"Hi all

Just spent 30 mins today talking to my acquaintance who has recently attended a full demo of the T5 by Peter Baartmans and also spent some time playing it.

He says that it revolutionises arrangers.
The thing he seemed most blown away by was the new "Ensemble" humanisation feature and I have to admit that I was very impressed just hearing about it!!!
He said the OS was much the same.
It features live audio drum loops in styles.
It is definitely going to be offered in 3 packages:-
61-note with speakers
76-note
76-note with speakers.

He believes price for 61 (incl speakers) will be much the same as T4 and that the 76 version (without speakers) will be the same as 61 version.
There is no touch screen - Baartmans is alleged to have said that Yam gave this a lot of thought and were convinced that this screen is better in comparison to other recent Yam keyboards with touch screen..
Basic OS and button functionality is much the same (total negative for me)
The keyboard control surface layout is the same.
His opinion of PA3X (which he also has) is that it is way too complex in comparison and now site way behind the PA3X.

He believes that there is no comparison with T5 and PA3X - and says T5 is now so far advanced.

That's all I can tell you.
Expected to trickle through in December and 76 will be early next year.

Interesting but I am SO disappointed that they are sticking with the old OS and have not considered simple things like bass inversion and tempo lock.

It seems to me that Yam (T5) may have carried on where Audya left off....

Cheers

Pete"

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 06:57 AM

61-note with speakers
76-note
76-note with speakers.

Now this changes the game for sure....

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 07:39 AM

Interesting but I am SO disappointed that they are sticking with the old OS and have not considered simple things like bass inversion and tempo lock.

Greetz Rico wave

Hi Rico,

You may already be aware of a quick way of accessing those features, although it's still not as simple as having a dedicated panel button. It is, however, far quicker than using the Functions menu.

For On Bass Fingering...press Direct Access button followed by pressing Acc On/Off...the opening screen allows selection of Fingering Modes.

For Tempo Lock (same tempo kept when selecting a new style) just press Direct Access button and the Tempo - (minus) button. Opening screen allows selection.

It will be interesting to hear this new Ensemble feature. Thanks for the info.

Just three days left.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 07:54 AM

Hey Ian,

My friend thats verry nice of you to help me out with info
but what i did is just copy it for everyone to read here
that are not my words
thats just the msg from the Korg Forum

I wish you a nice weekend my friend smile

I so hope to hear when i wil get my T5 hehehhe :))) Pfff

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:19 AM

Hey back to you, Rico...yes I saw that it was from someone on Korg forums, but I thought I'd post the info anyway, in case it could help some other Tyros user.

Congrats on getting your new Tyros5...did you order the 76 note model?

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:33 AM

I wonder what type of speakers will be included in the 61/76 models..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:40 AM

TRS-MS05 Tyros Speaker System...no one has heard them to be able to report on their quality of sound.

Probably very similar to T4's system (TRS-MS04), and quite likely, upgraded as well.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:48 AM

TRS-MS05 Tyros Speaker System...no one has heard them to be able to report on their quality of sound.

Probably very similar to T4's system (TRS-MS04), and quite likely, upgraded as well.

Ian

We were under the impression they were BUILT IN SPEAKERS confused1 !!! ?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:51 AM

Nope...there were no built-ins for any Tyros model.

Tyros5 will continue in the same manner.

Two satellites and a Sub-Woofer as before.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:51 AM

"It features live audio drum loops in styles."

so is this a kind of live recorded drum "MULTIPAD" ?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:52 AM

Nope...there were no built-ins for any Tyros model.

Tyros5 will continue in the same manner.

Two satellites and a Sub-Woofer as before.

Ian

and you know this for sure?...or thought by track record?
if so I will wait for the next S950 upgrade.. cool2

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 08:57 AM

Just reporting what I read on other forums...I think it's accurate.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 09:16 AM

AMAZING ... 300 posts on a kb that isn't on the market yet ... imagine when people actually get there hands on it ?!? ... keys bounce

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 09:29 AM

Hi Ian,

Yes i did order the 76 keys, 22 October,
Because i was told its breathtaking and i know who said that to me :)))

I played the G800 G1000 G70
then didnt play for 6 years 2005 - 2011 because i started singing and then got the T4 as a present 15 November 2011
i was a little scared of the keys i never got another keyboard again because i only liked 76 keys i was used to it and didnt wanted anny less
T4 Changed my playing i play better then i ever did before
(still cant believe how that T4 changed me)
so i realy hope that T5 is gonna change that even more
for me it is how better it sounds how better i become and how more feeling i can give to my music
i realy look forward to it smile
btw i was realy impressed how the keys played on the T4 i did not expect that
so what i do is i sell my T4 get T5 and hook that Midi Up to my G70 so i have 2 times 76
Realy look forward to that
Btw about the First Picture that leaked
there where some stranges things on it but when i found out it was the real deal
i was a little dissapointed to me it looked like a T4 clone
i expected something new
but then again for me its all about the sounds
Most important for me are the drums bass and VH
and afc the keys but that we allready know, they did that

They took some drumkits away so i guess they did something to that section
you know i also hope they put some more special bass sounds in,
rhythm and bass are the most important thing because when thats ok you can play like hell on it thats what i like
that gives power to a song

I cant wait to get it smile

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 09:50 AM

Ian

Misleading you be the judge...?

61-note with speakers
76-note
76-note with speakers.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 10:03 AM

AMAZING ... 300 posts on a kb that isn't on the market yet ... imagine when people actually get there hands on it ?!? ... keys bounce

Gotta love the hype that Yamaha creates! Brings posters out of the woodwork who haven't or don't post often. Just waiting now for Scott Yee to post.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 10:28 AM

I will be playing my new Tyros 5 4months before you get yours. Tyros 5 will be delivered in Dec. according to Frank at
Audioworks in Milton CT. Lloyd

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:07 AM

61-note with speakers
76-note
76-note with speakers.

Judging by the photos of the Tyros5-76, and those of the 61 note version, the cabinet looks very much as what is on Tyros3/4.

I very much doubt if there will be built-in speakers in any Tyros5.

Those are probably preliminary bundles being offered.

Time will tell...only THREE more days!

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:11 AM

Ian,is there any news when will T5 be available in Canada??

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:11 AM

Donny, unlikely the T5 will have built-in speakers. And, the spec sheet does not say anything about built in speakers or onboard sound/PA system.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:16 AM

Nothing yet, Mirza, but I'm quite a bit out of the loop nowadays (does that mean I'm "loopy" crazy ) . Probably a call to Long & McQuade will get an answer.

Then again, maybe they aren't even aware of it yet?

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:19 AM

I hope there is no built in speakers..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:21 AM

I seriously doubt there will be built in speakers.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 11:31 AM

Here in Canada we usually get everything last.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 12:51 PM

The T5 has a similar external speakers and subwoofer package setup as the T4 but updated to match the new model.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 04:04 PM

Ok aussie site now updated with the tyros 5 11/11/13 come & see. I wonder as the 11th happens here down under, whether we get to see it first, or will Yammy make the release worldwide time? Not sure, what do you think?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 05:22 PM

Who said the arranger world isn't excited big time about the new Tyros 5?...lol

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 05:26 PM

just read this on Yamaha Tyros5 facebook page..

Yamaha Tyros 5

Not sure how this is happening, but Yamaha is sending AudioworksCT a Tyros5-61 and a Tyros5-76 for Evaluation on Tuesday....

https://www.facebook.com/Tyros5arranger?hc_location=stream
Posted by: MattyB

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/08/13 06:25 PM

I really cant wait for this!! So excited to hear what it does...

I was going to sell my Pax3 for a tyros 4 but T5 could be the winner...

woooo

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/09/13 06:49 AM

dance2 Is this karma or what??????

5 minutes after reading Stephenm52's post mentioning Scott Yee my phone rang..........and it was Scott!!! We talked for over a half hour and are both excited about Tyros 5. Scott knows someone who has actually heard a Tyros 5 and confirms some early reports of how good it sounds. We both sounded like little kids waiting for Santa to come. My Tyros 4 will be sold on eBay later today and I am already missing it..............-charley

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/09/13 09:50 AM

Ian

61-note with speakers
76-note
76-note with speakers.

The relevant word is PACKAGES, Donny...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/09/13 10:40 AM

packages?....Hmmmmmmm?....well at least did yamaha Improve the 3pc speakers system they already used with previous Tyros units for T5? confused1

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/09/13 10:47 AM

Originally Posted By: rattley
dance2 Is this karma or what??????

5 minutes after reading Stephenm52's post mentioning Scott Yee my phone rang..........and it was Scott!!! We talked for over a half hour and are both excited about Tyros 5. Scott knows someone who has actually heard a Tyros 5 and confirms some early reports of how good it sounds. We both sounded like little kids waiting for Santa to come. My Tyros 4 will be sold on eBay later today and I am already missing it..............-charley

I was talking with Scott last night as well...he was very enthusiastic about the Tyros5, and also relayed the info about how great it sounded.

As far as I know, he's getting the 61-note version to replace his Tyros4.

Congratulations to you both, as I know you both are very excited about it...hopefully Santa will arrive early.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/09/13 01:44 PM

Before Christmas would be sweet!!!!!

...........fingers crossed!!! -charley

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 02:39 AM

In less then 1 hour its 11 november In New Zealand
You can also select that as your country on yamaha site
Now the question is wil there be anny info
i mean cool11=11

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:02 AM

Yep...ONE DAY LEFT.

I'll have to check out the New Zealand site...thanks Rico.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 06:31 AM

still not showing T5 details

http://asia.yamaha.com/en/products/music...wsProductLineup

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 02:40 PM

20 mins left in the Netherlands
Oostendorp opens up something i hope

http://www.ty-5.nl/

Lets Hope its more then we allready knew
and knowing my country 11=11 so they wil deffo open something up :)))

Greetz Rico wave

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 02:50 PM

20 mins left in the Netherlands
Oostendorp opens up something i hope

http://www.ty-5.nl/

Greetz Rico wave

Good golly, the site has even got a clock counting down! What do you think is going to happen one the clock hits 0 ! I bet nothing lol..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 02:52 PM

If they do that i am getting CRAZZY Lollllllllllll smile

Lets Hope we are the first
hahahha ffs its allready 12 noone in New Zealand

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 02:54 PM

hahahha ffs its allready 12 noone in New Zealand

Yeah, they'll be waiting for the announcement of Tyros 6 they're that far ahead!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:01 PM

@Ll info is open":))

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:04 PM

@Ll info is open":))

Yes but there's nothing there that we don't already know! Where's the demos? I can't see any...

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:06 PM

I looked at the photo in your link. Does the LCD screen look smaller (in height) in the T5 than in the T4 or is that an illusion? I'm not talking about the frame, just the LCD screen.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:06 PM

Webshop

These articles can be ordered in the online shop of music Oostendorp.
Yamaha Tyros 5 61 keys Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 61 keys Keyboard Workstation

The Yamaha Tyros 5 61 keys is the new keyboard in the Tyroslijn.
Tyros Arranger Workstation 5

Since the introduction of the ... (Read more)
€ 4,445.00
€ 3,999.00
More info
Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 61-key Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 61-key Keyboard Workstation
The Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 61 keys is the new keyboard in the Tyroslijn.

Since the introduction of ... (Read more)
€ 4,767.00
€ 4,299.00
More info
Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 61 keys Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 61 keys Keyboard Workstation
The Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 61 keys is the new keyboard in the Tyroslijn.

€ 5,016.00
€ 4,499.00
More info
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 Key Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 76 Key Keyboard Workstation
The Yamaha Tyros 5 76 keys is the new keyboard in the Tyroslijn.

Since the introduction of the ... (Read more)
€ 4,648.00
€ 4,199.00
More info
Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 76-key Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 76-key Keyboard Workstation
The Yamaha Tyros 5 XL 76-key keyboard is new in the Tyroslijn.

€ 4,970.00
€ 4,499.00
More info
Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 76 keys Keyboard Workstation
Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 76 keys Keyboard Workstation
The Yamaha Tyros 5 XXL 76 keys is the new keyboard in the Tyroslijn.

€ 5,219.00
€ 4,699.00

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:20 PM

T5 YouTube :))))

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:37 PM

T5 YouTube :))))

Nice... but..

I won't be buying one!!!!
Posted by: Eric, B

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:47 PM

Here are lots more uploads:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFyCjOSTR_c&list=UUWCq90jd4GGvwpo4uyt2AoQ

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 03:54 PM

Oh yes, this machine sounds incredible..... I'll get mine in a couple of days rolleyes

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 04:01 PM

Here is part 2:

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 04:08 PM

Those guitars, omg! Question is 61 or 76? Oh & price

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 04:13 PM

Here is a comparison in sound Tyros4 vs Tyros5:

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 04:47 PM

Eric,

Thanks for locating the demos - they sound incredible.

Gary cool

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:03 PM

Yes thanks for the links guys...

Wow the guitar's sound awesome and the ROCK styles sound wicked!!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:09 PM

oh and the Dance styles sound the best I've ever heard...

dance guitar woot

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:13 PM

Thanks Rico and Eric...nice to finally hear what they've been holding back.

Great stuff so far.

Ian
Posted by: DMAC

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:18 PM

Great to finally hear,,,, the best TOTL arranger on the planet!!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 05:56 PM

Thanks for the first links. There are over 90 members on this arranger forum right now. Is that a record? I've never seen so many. It looks like the Tyros 5 and this forum are hot!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 06:31 PM

What is the Weight of the 76?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 07:41 PM

Go to YouTube. Type in tyros 5. Filter by upload date and you'll see the new yamaha corporation official videos. First run.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: MattyB
What is the Weight of the 76?

According to the manual it is 16.0 kg (35 lbs, 4 oz.)

The 61 note weighs 14.0 kg (30 lbs, 14 oz.).

That's pretty decent.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 08:00 PM

Yamaha corp is now uploading new tyros demos every few minutes. Just follow my previous suggestion to get the latest as they come up.

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 08:53 PM

Thanks Ian....

Lighter than my Pax3!

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/10/13 09:45 PM

Here they are:

Go to you tube. Lots more on the right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_9OpRsZQsg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUG_GruQL_aP3QrS_zJQf7Kg

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 07:08 AM

This is the most comprehensive listing of styles I've seen as of Monday morning. It's apparently the sameas the yamahacorp link which Ian placed yesterday but updated from yesterday.

http://en.audiofanzine.com/keyboard-arranger/yamaha/tyros-5/medias/videos/

Hal

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 07:21 AM

The Tyros5, 76 key...judging by the excellent demos...is easily the best Yamaha keyboard to date..

I can notice a improved sound over the acceptable Tyros4..

The piano, is better...the guitars, thanks to the amp simulator are excellent..the drums sound completely different...most of the sounds are great...

Although the organ mode is good, I think it is much more Wersi organ and Vox sounds...the B3 sound is lacking a bit to me...but still good..

The Electric pianos I heard did not inspire me (surprised)..

I should say I have never seen a bad Suds-Clavier demo..they do excellent demos....the real test will be hands on and comparison to my bench mark smile

The first Tyros and 2, and 3...I never cared for ..Tyros4 was getting there....and Tyros 5 seems to be better than any Yamaha keyboard including their WS too..

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 08:09 AM

Definitely an improvement over my very "acceptable" Tyros4, to be sure, and in several areas as well.

If I was hankering for a 76'er in an arranger, I'd certainly find a way to buy a Tyros5-76, but I have never needed more than 61 of those awesome FSX keys for arranger-style play, and only needed more for solo piano, which, in my case, has to be 88 weighted action.

I certainly agree with Fran in that the Tyros4 was the best since the Tyros model came out (until the new T5, that is) and, despite having mine for nearly two years, I'm happy to say the honeymoon is still on, and shows no signs of turning into an everyday relationship.

I really feel the prime candidate for a Tyros5 is a Tyros2, Tyros3, S-series owner, although some with a T4 will always go for the latest, and if they have the wherewithal to do it, why not?

I've also noticed that quite a few T4 owners, have opted for the 61 key Tyros5, although the 76'er has likewise proven quite popular, and has garnered a few "new to the brand" users, unable to get a TOTL arranger from the company they usually buy from.

Again, I'm very glad they kept the screen and FSX action...I liked both very much indeed, and had zero complaints with either.

If these are "baby steps", as some refer to Yamaha's forward movement, at least the baby is upright, moving confidently and can dance as well.

This appears to be much better than other certain companies (who I won't name in the sake of decency) who, after tossing the first baby out with most of the bathwater, substituted a "Baby Alive" doll and hoped no one would notice.

They noticed.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 08:10 AM

"I believe in Reality"
Posted by: Henni

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 08:27 AM

Ian,

The manufacturer you try to slander is still lightyears ahead of your favourite, even five years later. Don't be so nasty.

Henni

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Henni
Ian,

The manufacturer you try to slander is still lightyears ahead of your favourite, even five years later. Don't be so nasty.

Henni

Slander? Nah!

Nasty? Don't be so silly.

Ian

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 09:06 AM

After seeing the Demos and listing to the A/B Tyros 4 vrs Tyros 5

I can say they are truly different the EP section sound better in the T4 the Grand in T5 sound great i am happy for that the split left hand bass is going to prove to be nice, the ensamble section is going to be very cool how it going to assign the parts cant wait to see how that works , 76 keys and 4 outs over and above the left and right out is going to be great in studio if they did it right ? over all i am going to keep T4 and add T5 there is a good difference so both can be used Guitars sound very good in T5 and amp sims very good seem like this came from Kronos they where first to do it but yamaha see to have Knocked it out of the yard.

I am hoping the toddle between Midi file and mp3 will let me do 2 midi files like in PA3X this is going to be Fun . Ron
Posted by: montunoman

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 11:41 AM

Anybody know if the T5 has a chord sequencer?

Re: Tyros 5 info - 11/11/13 11:49 AM

The Tyros5 has no chord sequencer, as far as I can tell from reading the manual.

Ian