SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 20 of 37 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37 >
Topic Options
#373985 - 11/01/13 08:39 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: Dreamer]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dreamer
You are absolutely right Ian, and I will add that this is the perfect time to grab a Tyros 4 at a killer price (in the next few months the market will be flooded by them...)

In my case the Tyros4's 15 S.Articulation2! Voices (SA2), 164 S.Articulation Voices (SA), were well chosen, and I'm not especially yearning for anything else. I prefer to only use the same basic and familiar sounds, like Piano, Sax, Strings, Guitars, Harmonica, Trumpet to name a few.

Being able to to do basic edits on board and more extensive ones on PC certainly provides lots of options, plus there is the 1 Gig expansion card I have installed for even more variety.

I mean, how many sounds does one actually need?

Even the SA Voices are extremely expressive and responsive and cover a very wide and useful sound spectrum.

The real plus, for me in particular, was being able to use Tyros4's SA/SA2 in the styles...Tyros3 didn't have that feature.

If I was the owner of a Tyros3, I would consider the Tyros5 a very strong temptation, maybe even a "must have".

And yes, Dreamer, a second hand (or new leftover) Tyros4 would be a super acquisition.

Ian

PS...Yamaha (and Korg-to a lesser extent) doing steps instead of leaps, can also be viewed as a plus rather than just as a minus.

#373988 - 11/01/13 09:32 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
124 Offline

Yep, wondering now when a Pa4X, or whatever, will be appearing. It's been three years since the 3X came on the scene, and now there's the impetus of a new top end Yamaha to spur things along.

#373992 - 11/01/13 09:58 AM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh I hope not. I'm happy with what I have and I'll bet a 5X would be really tempting.
DonM

#374007 - 11/01/13 01:16 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Download them and open in Acrobat Reader. Works fine.

40 audio styles from a total of about 540.. Once again, Yamaha leave you kind of short in this department. As I've said many times, if they are THAT much better than the regular styles, you want them ALL to be audio, and if they aren't, why bother?

It just seems such a half hearted approach.

And there's no mention of being able to loop the audio you put up on the multipads (they make a point of telling you it's for "sound effects, vocal phrases, and so on") so apparently, that blunder remains unfixed... perplexingly so. Adding a loop capability to the audio is SUCH an easy bit of coding.

I am curious to see what the Ensemble Voices is all about. We've talked in the past about having ensemble voices split into component voices when you play chords. Maybe this is some of that.

And maybe I'm just from the wrong generation (despite 60 looming!), but a whole bunch of theater organ and home organ stuff just leaves me wondering how old Yamaha consider their target buyers are going to be? LOL

Less than .5 kg difference between the T4 and T5 for the 61 doesn't seem to be much of an improvement for those that find the T4 already too heavy as a 61. No info on the weight of the 76, yet, is there? But, OTOH probably up there with the PA3X76, so for those that want 76 and light weight, it still looks like the BK-9 is the only game in town.

I think all I'm getting from this info so far is, that Performance Voices feature had better be amazing, or it looks like VERY little really new stuff (a bunch of fancy skins for DSP stuff isn't going to make that much difference) has been added. The audio drums is already a bust for many S950 users, I doubt this is the game changer many want in that department.

Baby steps, as usual, IMO.

#374015 - 11/01/13 03:55 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
So far unimpressed, will wait for the release but i think the pa3x is now a much better alternative based on the baby steps T5 so far

#374016 - 11/01/13 04:32 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Damned, my hearing must really be shot to Hell. I really like the sound of the S-950 drum kits, and so do my audiences. But, of course, my audiences are all over 50 years old, at least most of them, therefore, their hearing is shot to Hell equally as bad as mine cause they're old codgers.

And USB 3.0 - we really need the USB drive to be larger, have more wires, run hotter and cost more. BUT IT'S FASTER! wink OK!

Lets see now, 40 audio styles - OK with me. I love every one of them I've tried so far, but I also like an enormous number of older MIDI based styles as well. Now, there are some players on this forum that claim they only need 10 good styles and they're set for the night. Not me baby! I want all I can get and then some. I want every song to sound much different than the others, and I want that difference to be distinct. So, with 40 audio styles, and access to 50,000 additional, high-quality styles, I think that sounds just about right.

3 less drum kits - How damned many do you need? C'mon, gimme a break!

You know, this thread is beginning to sound like the same old BS from the same people that will never buy a T5 anyway. They have already stated that in thousands of posts. They've already condemned the T5 to death, yet haven't heard the first demo, let alone put their pudgy little fingers upon those lightweight, plastic, unweighted keys that everyone is supposed to hate because they said they're no good. And of course, they are the most authoritative players of arranger keyboards to ever grace the Internet. Don't believe this is the case - they'll soon tell you in the next few posts.

Wait till the damned thing arrives and someone authoritative provides us with a detailed report of what he or she discovers. I would much rather hear from George Kay or his New England counterpart about the attributes of the T5 than someone that just read a spec sheet and now considers themselves instant experts.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374017 - 11/01/13 06:01 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
DannyUK Offline

I think the design looks really nice and it's the right colour. The display seems a lot higher res, it will look crystal clear.

Specs wise I think it's completely fine and didn't expect much more than what's there.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it sounds, I think it I'll be stunning.

#374018 - 11/01/13 06:06 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The display is TFT (Thin Film Transistor) which is incredibly brilliant even in harsh light situations. Had they added super-twist technology as well, it would have been viewable in direct sunlight as well. I'm fairly sure that unless I decide to sell my sailboat, I won't be buying a T5, and for most situations I think my S-950 is more than adequate for just about any venue I play. Sure would like to make a trip up north to New England and put my grubby hands on one though. Just might have to do that after the first of the year. Probably shouldn't take my loving spouse with me, though.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#374019 - 11/01/13 06:16 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: travlin'easy]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
We will see.It' still not out yet.By the specs it is not much than T4.And T4 is not much than T3 as a matter of fact.
I guess it doesn't even matter what Yamaha releases anymore.It will be worshiped by it's fans.All the new sounds could be added as samples.Are Yamaha fans being raped?I think more or less molested instead.
I hope I am wrong, but that bk9 looks better and better .

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#374020 - 11/01/13 07:09 PM Re: Tyros 5 info [Re: brooster]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Gary... perhaps, having not played with a drummer since you replaced him with a machine, you may have forgotten what having one next to you sounds like. Try a BK-9 one day. That ought to remind you!

The weird thing is, Yamaha SEEM to be acknowledging how weak the drums are, by putting all this audio drums stuff in, then touting how realistic it all is. Trouble is, Korg and Roland both seem to have little trouble achieving a good live sound without resorting to this kind of system, and do it simply by having great KITS in the arranger, which means ALL your styles (if you switch them to the punchy kits) sound great, not the less than 10% that Yamaha provide for audio styles.

I simply feel this technology needs to be either almost 100% of the content, or none. The half hearted way they have implemented this would worry me no matter WHAT arranger it came out on.

And Gary, sorry, but if you are going to condemn anyone's negative opinion of the T5 because they aren't going to buy one, by the same logic, shouldn't you be against anyone with a positive review of it if THEY aren't going to buy one either?

Which would include you... LOL

Page 20 of 37 < 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online