SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#372616 - 10/03/13 02:28 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Diki]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
I simply would like to have different assignable. Outs for drums and bass parts you can do it now but it is cumbersome if we could control bass and drums with its own dedicated outputs we could have a much better live mix and give it a band like flavor and allow the sound guy to mix like a band in larger Events even if it is dry that would be ok I could add a reverb to the post I would like that. It poss with the units now but if there was a button on board to control that that would be nice. it poss with the keyboard mixer to boost but what I am talking about a step line to the board for drums and bass.

#372628 - 10/04/13 03:05 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If the soundman has any MIDI capability, he could always mix the different Parts with that rather than having separate outputs...

While you can quite easily get away with the bass Part having no effects, putting all the drums out through one jack basically isn't really an option, as you can't apply any outboard reverb to say the snare and toms without it getting on the kick too (which you need pretty dry).

Thing is, whether the Parts are mixed in the box or out of the box, it is still simply mixing them... but inside the box, the options and capabilities are far higher. You still get full parametric EQ on each drum, reverb sends, even insert effects. And all under MIDI control. If you REALLY need a guy in FOH adjusting the Parts, just get him to use a MIDI fader bank and you are good to go. Separate outs won't really work unless you get say eight of them. No chance of that!

My G70 has a pair of AUX outs, but I've never had FOH need separate outs except when I'm doing LH bass, which can be dry, no problem. But drums, you need some ambiance at the very least...

#372652 - 10/04/13 03:31 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Diki]
musicforyourday Offline

Tyros 4 has the same outs like the G70 it has 4 asin outputs in fact you can assign the 3rd and 4 th output to a snare bass cymbal ect I use it to record up to 4 track at a time when I multitrack a midi file. I would just like there to be separate out puts for drum kit and bass so that I can run to my mixer and have a larger band like feel to my Shows I can do it now but it does not translate that well. Somehow I think in the future models this would be nice to use in a studio to cut your recording time down I think you can only do it with a midi file and not a style .

#372653 - 10/04/13 03:56 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Hmmm . . . What's going on? That document in the OP no longer mentions anything about a Tyros 5, in either a 61 or a 76.

Did someone screw up in preparing that sheet? Hmmm, indeed.

#372655 - 10/04/13 04:04 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It may have been deleted for some reason, 124...maybe by Yamaha, and maybe it was something we weren't supposed to know yet? I see the Tyros4 is still there, and also the new CP-4 digital stage piano that was just released.

Someone had sent a similar link in one of our Yahoo forums (Yamaha).

Very strange...

Ian

#372656 - 10/04/13 04:16 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

Yep, colour me suspicious. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that office. smile

#372704 - 10/06/13 02:01 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I thought something was fishy. I looked at the web page from the link posted and I didn't see anything about a Tyros 5. So now it all makes sense. Someone deleted the info on the Tyros 5-61/76 key and now we have to speculate the meaning of that deletion. Did Yamaha request the deletion in order to keep the lid on tight (secrecy in order to create more hype?) or was it merely a mistake by the website in the first place and Yamaha simply alerted them of the mistake that there really isn't any Tyros 5, least of all a 76 key version? Or perhaps the name of the keyboard will no longer be called "Tyros" and therefore Yamaha had them delete the reference because they listed it as a Tyros instead of the real name which Yamaha has yet to announce? So many theories to choose from but it makes you wonder why Yamaha would go to the trouble of leaking information to a Canadian online certifications directory and then all of sudden delete all references of that information.

Now enter George Kaye. Who obviously has an inside knowledge of Yamaha central and George is reaffirming that Yamaha is in fact producing a Tyros 5 and it will apparently be available in both 61 and 76 key versions. Since George has yet to refute his previous proclamation the obvious conclusion is Yamaha is actually building a Tyros 5 both in 61 and 76 key variations but it may in fact be called something other than Tyros. Or again, maybe Yamaha had them delete the information because they'd rather surprise the public at a global trade show such as NAMM which would stimulate more excitement then for people to guess for several months what in fact a Tyros 5 with 76 keys would entail and in the interim the hype would likely die down considerably after dragging on for several months and when Yamaha does release the new keyboards to the public the excitement for the most part will have already fizzled out which could result in fewer overall sales. That's just a theory of course and your guess is as good as mine as to why Yamaha listed something and then retracted it. It seems to me that Yamaha is playing a game of cat and mouse and as we know the mice usually end up on the menu for dinner. In other words, Yamaha does whatever is in their best interest and we the consumer will have to deal with it.

In conclusion, we can hope for the best but we should prepare for the worst. In other words, since Yamaha doesn't want the public to know what they know (at least currently anyway) we shouldn't get too excited about something that may or may not even exist... either on paper, or in real life. But there is a glimmer of hope because George Kaye hasn't retracted his previous (and what I believe is inside information) about the so-called Tyros 5-61/76 blockbuster arranger keyboard that could in fact be just figments of our imagination, if not for the trustworthiness of George Kaye and his highly qualified relationship with Yamaha central. Until George says otherwise we can assume there will be a forthcoming Tyros 5-61/76, although it might be called something other than Tyros. Either way, they'll likely cost an arm and a leg... so I guess we should start saving up now. wink

All the best, Mike

#372705 - 10/06/13 02:35 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: keybplayer]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
76 keys? Sounds like a shot to the Audya 76. And Bk9, although you can get two for the price of a new tyros. I can't imagine Roland will sit still and leave their dual screen setup out there. Maybe Roland will convert to a touch screen to try and stay in the fight. I wonder if everybody will like the new tyros and finally let go of their g70's. Perhaps Yamaha is looking to that too- they do fish here and can see the Roland fans declaring the g70 is still king. BK5's are slowly dying among performers and jamming up the used (after 2-7 days market). Korg's pa3x 76 is significantly less expensive and quite the value for the features in comparison.. I am curious to know if they (yamaha)are not concerned with Korg. As far as the + rom, I believe they will just follow roland's lead and have an interface for an ipad and suggest you use the storage capacity there....today's technology..
The more that (ipad integration)becomes popular among manufacturers, the more I think it's better to keep what you like and feels good to play, and go the Varranger or similar route if you are going to use an an outboard device. Less expensive than upgrading....oh Dan..

#372706 - 10/06/13 03:13 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: sparky589]
musicforyourday Offline

I do not think George need to retract anything he did not say anything other then what he thinks it is gonna be Yamaha is very protective about new releases and he is not spoiling anything here .

It is highly likely a 76 key in the works the market is demanding it and yamaha knows that It was mine and George's suggestions to yamaha 15 mo ago that a 76 key unit would be highly recommended We both hope they listened any way we will soon know.

#372709 - 10/06/13 04:03 PM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: sparky589]
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: sparky589
76 keys? Sounds like a shot to the Audya 76. And Bk9, although you can get two for the price of a new tyros.

Right you are sparky. I'm glad Yamaha has reversed course because for the longest time they didn't want to build a 76 key high-end arranger after the problems they experienced with the PSR-9000PRO. But as we know there is actually a relatively high demand for 76 keys and obviously Roland, Ketron and Korg have seized on that opportunity. Musicforyourday has reiterated what I also feel. That George Kaye knows the skinny but I think Yamaha may have alerted him to "lay low" since Yamaha probably wants to keep things 'hush hush' until they are announced officially. 256 note polyphony will be a great incentive to buy one but I guess we shouldn't count our chickens before they hatch. It will likely have all the bells and whistles but 256 note polyphony will knock it out of the park in my opinion. That feature alone will have people breaking down the doors to get one. That is of course if the other features are top notch as well. I'm assuming they will be. The sounds should be fabulous and I think the guitars will likely blow everything else out of the water. For $5,000+ they better right? wink

It would be great if we could get them by Christmas but probably not since they'll likely be showcased at either winter NAMM or Musikmesse early next year. Which is okay with me since I'm in no real hurry to fork over five grand (or more) for a keyboard. wink If they're the bees knees then the asking price may be worth it I suppose. What would really be nice is if Yamaha released them at prices comparable to the competition but don't hold your breath. Will find out soon enough I reckon.

All the best, Mike

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online