SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#372566 - 10/03/13 12:12 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

The Tyros 5 might very well make use of audio similar to the Audya.

Quoted "Insiders expect the new Tyros 5 (?), among others, will be equipped with a keyboard with 76 keys, there will be a connection for iPad/Tablet and that use will be made of the so-called LAP, Live Audio Playing, in the many styles. But as mentioned, for the exact specifications of the new Tyros is waiting until the end of October 2013."

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#372571 - 10/03/13 05:18 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Henni]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Now, if they can keep the weight of the 76 the same as the weight of today's 61 (Tyros 4/3), then I'm in! And they should be able to make a 76 that is maybe only a couple of inches bigger than today's 61 (Ty4) since there is plenty of space on the left and right for more keys w/o adding alot to the overall width ...

Jim

#372572 - 10/03/13 06:29 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Henni]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
Well 76 Key is what I asked for in that meeting a year in a half ago as well as other things as well so if it is what i think its going to be I AM IN so goodbye BK9 one keyboard to the Gig very excited about that option as least it gives us all something to talk about here for the nest couple of Mo.

#372573 - 10/03/13 06:35 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: musicforyourday]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: musicforyourday
Well 76 Key is what I asked for in that meeting a year in a half ago as well as other things as well so if it is what i think its going to be I AM IN so goodbye BK9 one keyboard to the Gig very excited about that option as least it gives us all something to talk about here for the nest couple of Mo.

Ron you wont be the only one "jumping ship" for the 76
Tyros 5....although I'm not one of them 61 is enough for my needs, it's a dream come true for so many true 76'ers.
Wonder if they will really improve the VH, add a Touch screen, XLR, etc, also? Good Luck.

Edited by Dnj (10/03/13 06:37 AM)

#372574 - 10/03/13 06:40 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
TheWolf Offline

Loc: Finland

right where do I give my damn money. I want this NOW.

T4 for sale in Finland. come get it

#372576 - 10/03/13 09:11 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Dnj]
musicforyourday Offline

Yes if it is what I think it will be I am excited , i do love my Tyros 4 and prob will keep it as well. I just sold my RD 700 nx to get ready for this and prob will sell my bk 9 as I think the Tyros 5 will serve my need better the the BK9 My hope it they make it in Black and I do think a touch screen will be a part of the new unit. Better piano banks. Prob CF III prob much from the new clavinova series and beyond . I do hope a smaller profile in size I use a cart that hold a 61 key so I will Need to rework that aproch but I am sure I can do that I hope my Tyros 4 speaker system will be comp with new unit I use for rehab purpose at home. Better voc harmony will be well received and ability to toggle midi file and mp3 in real time. We'll let the dreaming begin . More outputs for recording so we can multitrack more track in real time I spoke about that in my meeting with Yamaha. But we will see.

#372582 - 10/03/13 09:55 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So much for 'arranger players don't NEED 76 notes'!

Still, be interesting to see how many jump ship after they get the sticker shock...

It's pretty expected that the audio capabilities of the S950 will migrate upwards... What's more in doubt, though, will be whether they actually turn this into something significant. The main issues with the S950 is that the audio drum styles are a tiny fraction of the total style ROM, it's VERY slow and difficult to add any new ones (and, in the year or more since the S950 debuted, how many new, usable audio drum styles have come out?) and overall, they don't match up sonically with the MIDI instruments and effects.

Add to that that the audio multipads don't loop, and you get the idea that Yamaha let this out without much thought attached.

For this to be anything more than the gimmick it is on the S950, Yamaha need to radically up the percentage of ROM styles that have audio drums, have a pretty good library of extra styles to purchase (and make them not ridiculously expensive - fat chance!) and make loading them in a practical thing you can do at the gig, live, while you play. And throw in some way to easily import your own .WAV drum loops too, if the truth be told.

Then fix the multipad issue...

I have my doubts.

Ketron shouldn't even be raising a sweat..! This feature by Yamaha is a throwback to the SD-1, being ONLY drums. The Audya is still light years ahead of Yamaha with regard to having styles that have more than just drums done by audio tracks.

Be interesting to see if Yamaha join Korg and Roland in adding the Chord Loop (sequencer) feature, LOL

#372583 - 10/03/13 10:06 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: abacus]
musicforyourday Offline

piano players do, and welcome 76 keys

#372585 - 10/03/13 10:31 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Diki]
jimlaing Offline

Well, memory is (relatively) cheap ... having lots of GB of ROM (of some form) with lots of data (for audio, styles, sounds, etc. etc.), should be possible. I do hope though that they have kept EVERYthing that the Tyros 4 (and 3?) had, for backward compatibility. I'm hoping my hundreds of registrations still work at least "OK" on the Tyros 5 - albeit with some tweaking needed later to take advantage of new sounds on the Ty5.

Although I hope the keyboard's form factor is somewhat smaller (and lighter), I hope there is enough "blank" surface to put my KeyRig25 (2 octave MIDI controller) and Akai MX8 (which I use for sound FX) on top of the tyros5.

Just thinkin' of all the graet 'stuff' that will be coming soon when we start (in a few weeks?) seeing pictures and hearing audio demos of this new keyboard!

It's been ~6-7 years or so since my last purchase (Tyros 3) so I'm ready to "move up" (skipped the Tyros 4) ... esp. "move up" to 76 keys!

Jim

#372587 - 10/03/13 10:38 AM Re: Tyros 5-61 & 5-76 Registered in Canada [Re: Henni]
jimlaing Offline

Now I'm really dreaming ... and hoping for ... things like ...

- 3 right parts, 2 left parts (so you can do layers for the LH easily)

- A separate 'part' that's easily accessable, for MIDI pedals (organ-like pedals)

- SSD instead of HD (doesn't have to be big ... I hardly use the space in the 40GB drive in my Tyros3

- Eight (or at least 6) variations for Styles (A,B,C,D,E,F?)
OR some method whereby drums track can play tiny, sublte nuances/differences like Pro Tools STRIKE does, while playing a style

- If they do a touch screen, how 'bout at least 8 user-programmable physical buttons on the panel (the CVP-609 has 4).

- Multipads able to play WAV or MP3 sounds (maybe the Tyros4 can already do this) for sound FX etc.

- Wireless Direct-to-Brain (WDB) interface so I just think about which sound or style I want, and it's there (OK, now really dreamin'!) :-)

Jim

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online