SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#364407 - 04/05/13 07:19 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Why All the complaining? !!! instead we should rejoice, it's a wonderful time to be an arranger KB player!!!! embrace what technology we NOW have & think back just a few short years ago when we DIDN'T have it... put more emphasis on becoming a better player instead of a chronic Faultfinder... cool2

THANK YOU DONNY !!! , you hit it and glad someone said it !!!

All this nit picking is getting crazy. Roland has put out a very useful tool for real time preformers with features most would find useful. How many musicians working out there now even use arrangers -- very few. How many in the audience care -- few to none. Oh yea, We've all had someone on the dance floor point to us and complain about that sax sound on one of our styles. HA !
If your that fussy you need TOTL studio equipment, and a big budget.

Things like on board speakers, built in VH, Samplers, etc. are used by a small percentage of those few who actually buy arrangers. Put that stuff in, up the weight and price and then more complaints will follow. I think Roland did a great job in deciding where to draw the line and put in what the majority of users really need. Its a wonder manufactures even care to put out new products to such a small market as we are.
My only wish is for manufactures to put out DVD tutorials so more people could get the most out of their products quickly. Many like myself have very short attention spans for manuels, many of which are poorly written or incomplete. Show me how to do it in real time, please.
Now everyone stop complaining and go play some music, you'll feel better. Myself included

#364409 - 04/05/13 07:30 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Bill Lewis]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis
!
Its a wonder manufactures even care to put out new products to such a small market as we are.

That is probably seen from an American (USA) point of view.
Here in Western Europe and in particular in my home country the sales of (arranger ) keyboards have been massive and that goes for the Mediterranean countries as well. Furthermore a huge market among Arab musicians , a niche that was initially well catered for by KORG and later by Yamaha. Other than that I fully agree with what Donny said, people should be happy with the tremendous luxury of choice and the overall quality and possibilities of the equipment at hand.

regards,
John

#364410 - 04/05/13 07:30 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Why All the complaining? !!! instead we should rejoice, it's a wonderful time to be an arranger KB player!!!! embrace what technology we NOW have & think back just a few short years ago when we DIDN'T have it... put more emphasis on becoming a better player instead of a chronic Faultfinder... cool2

THANK YOU DONNY !!! , you hit it and glad someone said it !!!

All this nit picking is getting crazy. Roland has put out a very useful tool for real time preformers with features most would find useful. How many musicians working out there now even use arrangers -- very few. How many in the audience care -- few to none. Oh yea, We've all had someone on the dance floor point to us and complain about that sax sound on one of our styles. HA !
If your that fussy you need TOTL studio equipment, and a big budget.

Things like on board speakers, built in VH, Samplers, etc. are used by a small percentage of those few who actually buy arrangers. Put that stuff in, up the weight and price and then more complaints will follow. I think Roland did a great job in deciding where to draw the line and put in what the majority of users really need. Its a wonder manufactures even care to put out new products to such a small market as we are.
My only wish is for manufactures to put out DVD tutorials so more people could get the most out of their products quickly. Many like myself have very short attention spans for manuels, many of which are poorly written or incomplete. Show me how to do it in real time, please.
Now everyone stop complaining and go play some music, you'll feel better. Myself included

Your very welcome Bill,......I also agree on the DVD tutorials which should be a mandatory part of the unit when purchased in Beginner & advanced versions..
I have said this also for years..it would benefit the manufacturers and players in so many ways.

#364411 - 04/05/13 07:42 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: john smies]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By: john smies
!
Its a wonder manufactures even care to put out new products to such a small market as we are.

That is probably seen from an American (USA) point of view.
Here in Western Europe and in particular in my home country the sales of (arranger ) keyboards have been massive and that goes for the Mediterranean countries as well. Furthermore a huge market among Arab musicians , a niche that was initially well catered for by KORG and later by Yamaha. Other than that I
fully agree with what Donny said, people should be happy with the tremendous luxury of choice and the overall quality and possibilities of the equipment at hand.

regards,
John

John
You are absolutely correct, I have no knowledge of sales other than what I see in my area of the US. I'm sure thats why the major manufactures continue to make these products, but it must be tough to design something for the different tastes of a worldwide market. I do wish more musicians here would recognize the benefits an arranger could provide them. Probably too much work for the current crop, easier to put on an MP3 and strum your guitar with it. Instant gratification.

#364415 - 04/05/13 08:39 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
124 Offline

True. Guitars are king up here, too. I'm not complaining, though. That's why we're something a little different from the steady diet of pickers with the same old SMF's doing the rounds. Vive la difference!

#364421 - 04/05/13 10:18 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Bill Lewis]
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
I think Roland did a great job in deciding where to draw the line and put in what the majority of users really need. ...Now everyone stop complaining and go play some music, you'll feel better. Myself included

Oh come on! What is with this "complaining" guys? If someone says "that and that is not quite right" it is not complaining on anything. It's simply expressing personal oppinion. Complaining starts once you've bought or start the use of the instrument! wink

On the other hand, tell me how many players would use an mic input with their keyboards without a Vocal Harmonizer? Drawing the line right between the mic input and a harmonizer I think was not that smart...

Edited by adimatis (04/05/13 10:45 AM)

#364426 - 04/05/13 10:44 AM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida

Sorry Donny... your memory may be shorter than mine. I tend to remember the wonderful technology we had back then that we no longer have.

Roland's new version of the Chord Sequencer is an utter waste of time, Korg's only JUST got fixed so that it follows transposition... The more new arrangers come out, the more fundamental, IMPORTANT features get dropped and the more barely useful audio features get added that don't substitute for what is lost.

Once upon a time, MOTL and TOTL arrangers were made for MUSICIANS. Now they are being made for amateurs and gadget crazed children. And the core functionality of arrangers is being compromised more and more.

I'm more concerned with chronic Design, it appears. rolleyes

#364441 - 04/05/13 12:37 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

I'm quite happy with what we now have ...the CS I was never crazy about & it's moot wink for my needs,never used it. KB Features come and go like all technology. Just go with the flow, less complaining and more playing music I say.

Edited by Dnj (04/05/13 01:02 PM)

#364445 - 04/05/13 12:48 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
...... it's mute for my needs,

it is actually moot ...sorry m8 but the meanings are not even close wink

Edited by miden (04/05/13 12:49 PM)

#364449 - 04/05/13 01:02 PM Re: Roland, We Are Back [Re: miden]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: miden