SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#359856 - 01/30/13 12:24 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Henni]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
robbo: for bakcup hard disk best solution is format new hard disk from audya , then copy all files from older disk, remember to copy hidden folders too. after copy you must reinstall pen2011 else style don't work. if you don't have a copy never used of your pen you cannot do it because serial number problem. I Solve it with ketron italy send them my pen and restored for free and now work.

#359857 - 01/30/13 12:27 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: pastroccio]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Robbo,

You will not be able to "COPY" your AJAMSONC HDD due to the installed copy protection on it. You will HAVE to clone it.

In this case even your pen drive updates will work on your new HDD.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#359859 - 01/30/13 02:17 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Henni]
Ketron User Offline

Hello,

Question :

When we simply copy all the files from the Audya's Harddisk to another Harddisk, is the other Hardisk then usefull in the Audya ?
Or isn't it that simple ?

Regards,

Carlo

#359860 - 01/30/13 02:39 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Ketron User]
Henni Offline

Hi Carlo,

Apart from the AJAMSONIC upgrade or any of the pen upgrades, including Roberts latest - yes, it will work!

However, the upgrades mentioned above are seriously copy protected and if you do not clone your HDD, those upgrades will not work on your new HDD.

I do not claim to be the expert on this, but the above I know for a fact.

All the best,

Henni

#359862 - 01/30/13 03:24 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Henni]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Henni,

Understand re the warranty from AJ not Ketron. How do you clone the disk properly? Any help? That would be great.

Thanks

Robbo

#359865 - 01/30/13 03:48 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Robbo]
Henni Offline

Hi Robbo,

I found free software on the net for cloning my usb sticks. That was fast & easy.

However, I'm not so sure what's available for a HDD. Acronis comes to mind, but I don't think it's free. TWD mentioned a program, I must look for the name.

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
If anyone is creating a clone of their hard drive as back up - I would say to use Clonezilla (or similar)

However, I'm not well educated on cloning a hard drive & you should rather wait for a more appropriate answer from someone who knows.

Maybe use Google to search for "cloning a HDD" or something like that.

Sorry I could not help mate, all the best,

Henni

PS: Maybe you can start looking here

#359871 - 01/30/13 06:13 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Curious:

The 2 main reasons for an SSD over a HDD are noise and speed, however a modern quality HDD produces little noise, (Particularly if it’s encased) so you will be hard pushed to hear it anyway. (Especially when you play a note)

As to speed, the interface used in the Audya is old and slow so there will be NO speed advantage by using an SSD.

So why does everybody suddenly want to splash out extra cash for a minimal to zero improvement?

Bill

#359872 - 01/30/13 06:17 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Clonezilla is Linux text based and I use it to Ghost my laptop drive, so in the event of failure I have a swappable backup.

Its also good for upgrading hard drives. When I brought my last laptop it was only 60gb but had the Original Thinkpad restore partition and my own software, so I used clonezilla to clone the hard disk to a brand new 500gb drive, and then used GPARTED to increase the partition size. Both invaluable pieces of software.

#359875 - 01/30/13 06:32 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I have been using Mini Tool Partition Wizard for years (The Home version is free) as it covers all the avenues without having to boot separate programs. (You can also create a boot disc and do everything before the OS starts)

Bill

#359975 - 01/31/13 11:26 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Henni]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Originally Posted By: Henni
...However, the upgrades mentioned above are seriously copy protected and if you do not clone your HDD, those upgrades will not work on your new HDD.

Hi Henni,

sorry, but you´re wrong frown

Even if you do a clone ( "sectory by sector copy" ) of your Audya harddisk :

If you restore it to another ! harddisk the copy protected files ( styles ) won´t work !!! To the same harddisk they of course do.

It looks like during installation of the mentioned pendrives the hd´s serialnumber is stored "somewehere" in the Audya.

FileZilla is e very good freeware-tool, but If a user has no experience of file-systems, MBR, partitions and so on he SHOULD NOT USE it.
If you hit "the wrong button at the wrong time" ALL YOUR DATA ( of the PCs harddisk !!!) might be lost !!!
Users without this experience should buy AcronisTrueImage ( in Germany 49,-- € ) or a similar program.

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online