SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >
Topic Options
#359279 - 01/22/13 11:20 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Ketron User Offline

Thanks for Your Advice, Snoopy.

I have give it another try, but with no luck.

When i attach the SSD, and turn Audya on, then a message appears on the screen : "Harddisk not formatted. Press F1 to Format"

When i press F1, my Audya return to the Main-Screen, (without formatting the SSD).

At least, i believe that Audya has now find the SSD-drive, but refuse to format it.

I have that same problem with USB-sticks. Also impossible to Format, or Copy and Delete files to a Stick...
Also some Errors in the Checksumm-test...

Therefore, i think something else is wrong with my Audya (See my other post here on the forum)

I installed the regulare Harddrive in the Audya again, and i am in contact with AJ for further advice.

Best Regards,

Carlo.

#359344 - 01/23/13 02:22 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
leezone Offline

Snoopy,

your Audya and SSD still alive and well?

i'm interested to know if the SSD- HD light flashing behaves normal like IDE drive, if always off, if always on, if on only during activity, etc...

#359420 - 01/24/13 08:54 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I'm trying to make the same modification to my Audya. What is the brand and model number of the IDE to SATA adapter you used for your modification? I get most of my computer parts from NewEgg and I'm trying to find the correct adapter for this modification.

You also mention a jumper setting to adjust so that the Audya recognizes the Sandisk SDD. Could you elaborate on this procedure.

Thank you.

#359440 - 01/24/13 09:44 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I have to ask.

Why are you guys fitting an SSD anyway?

#359441 - 01/24/13 09:51 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Tonewheeldude]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I've always enjoyed tweaking my electronic gear. It's a very good way to learn more about my instruments. I've been tweeking my computer hardware for years. Because of my obsessive compulsive behavior I actually learned a trade that ended up making me a good living as a IT professional.

Inquiring minds want to know.

#359442 - 01/24/13 09:53 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I get it....like Everest or the North Pole...nobody needs to go, but its a challenge

#359450 - 01/24/13 12:50 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
leezone Offline

i too would love my Audya to run SSD smile
less noise so i can hear my music better lol

the idea of no spinning parts appeals to me very much
we'll see....

#359582 - 01/26/13 09:27 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: leezone]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Originally Posted By: leezone
Snoopy,

your Audya and SSD still alive and well?

i'm interested to know if the SSD- HD light flashing behaves normal like IDE drive, if always off, if always on, if on only during activity, etc...

Hi Lee,

yep, itīs still working fine wink

LED is on only during activity, exactly the same than with the original harddisk.

If no style / midi / mp3 and so on is running itīs "off" all the time.

#359852 - 01/29/13 11:03 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi Snoopy,

I have ordered a new drive from AJ. Can you outline to me exactly how you clone a disk, so in the event of a failure i have a backup! (Lets hope i never have to do this)

In general a question? Why is the procedure of restore in Audya so ridiculous?. Other manufacturers supply restore recovery disks. Please Ketron can you do the same. The reason i ask this, and don't get me wrong, i am happy to upgrade to AJ's disk, is that we should have an easier way of recovery for a great keyboard. The update pen drives? Once i have bought them, (didn't realise could only use them once!) a perfect storm! So you have hard drive failure, needs replacement, can't get my paid for updates on my Audya.

Please Ketron make this a priority, i know you are worried re copy protection, but there must be a better way. Korg use a licensing number fir add ons.

#359855 - 01/30/13 12:16 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Robbo]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Robbo,

Once you install AJAMSONIC on your Audya, Ketron refuses any further support of your machine with immediate effect. I know this is such a pity, but is is never the less true.

In this instance, you'll have to address your question to AJ and not to Ketron.

I purchased & received restoration DVDs from TWD before my AJAMSONIC upgrade and they worked perfectly. They are worthless to me now...

I also intend to clone my HD soon to have a backup in place just in case... Maybe then will be a good time for me to go the same route as Snoopy.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online