Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#358481 - 01/11/13 08:09 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Ooops,

so many responses...

I try to answer them ( not in sequence ) wink :

The disk-light starts flashing when the "blue bar on the bottom" reaches approximately the middle of the bootscreen. After 40 sec itīs off like normal. Playing styles itīs very seldom flashing, so in general I would say : Itīs like "normal behaviour"

The times :
3 sec : Boot-Screen on
25 sec: MainPage on
35 sec: "click"
45 sec: ready to use

My SSD is a "SanDisk SDSDX-120G", 120 GB capacity, usable in Audya 80 GB.

The adaptor is a "Adapter Serial S-ATA SATA-HD to 2,5-inches-IDE 44-pin" ( I hope I translated it correct, I bought it in summer 2012 from amazon Germany, 12 € ).

Iīm "only" a home-user, so no fears about a crash during a gig. But of course Iīve got the "original HD", changing needs max 10 Minutes wink.
A german forum buddy has it working in his Audya76 since 3rd of october 2012, but with another SSD ( Mushkin 120GB ).

I didnīt feel any differences ( yes, I do : Itīs silent in my room laugh ) until now.

Due to the f****** copy-"protection" it is NOT POSSIBLE to copy the "Ketron-Pendrive2011" and "UK-Styles" AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN INSTALLED ONCE to the "original harddisk".
2011 stick shows : "wrong serial number", in fact thatīs not the complete truth... The serialnumber of my Audya has definetely not changed, but the one of my harddisk.

In the meantime I know, how the "copy prevention" on the sticks is working... wink

I also have an idea how it COULD work in the Audya, but due to the fact that I donīt need it ( because anything works fine, PenDrive 2011, 2012 and UK-Styles ) I wonīt waste time to find it out wink.

BTW: Last year I copied the "2011 styles" from the "factory style" to my "user style" folder.
With the new SSD those copies were as well "protected", even though I installed the Pen2011 again and those files in the "factory" folder work fine...

If anyone has more questions he / she may ask them, but NOT to send a copy / image of my USB-stick !!! ( Itīs anyway a 4 GIGAbyte file laugh )

#358495 - 01/11/13 09:15 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Snoopy,

Congrats my mate. I applaud you!! As soon as AJ cares enough to answer my question, I'll follow suite. This is a brilliant idea.

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#358497 - 01/11/13 09:21 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Henni]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
thank's snoopy for info I want to do the same.. maybe ssd 80 cost less if found. but before I must solve problem of pendrive. there are too much styles I use it and I don't want to buy another
I can understand copy protection is correct. but must be refear to my keyboard. I pay for it and then can istall in my keyboard every time. what to do if original disk crash ? I don't remember where read they told you can install many time the pendrive in your audya... yes but forget to tell only the same hard disk. bad bad ketron.

I'm thinking ssd too and a long cable too for put external the disk

#358500 - 01/11/13 09:35 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: pastroccio]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I made an image of my pens before installing them for this very reason. I will not share or make available to others, but it helped me after installing my new AJAMSONIC hard drive & so it will again when I upgrade to solid state.

Henni

#358518 - 01/11/13 11:31 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Tonewheeldude Offline

If anyone is creating a clone of their hard drive as back up - I would say to use Clonezilla (or similar)

#358535 - 01/11/13 05:14 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
leezone Offline

my question is:

if you install 120gb SSD
why do you only get 80GB?

is it the OS that formats it to 80gb?

i'd love to install a 256gb or 512gb SD and have all that capacity available

#358548 - 01/11/13 11:48 PM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Tonewheeldude]
pastroccio Offline

Loc: Italia
probably audya recognize only 80 gb

tonewhell: I try to clone with 3 different software that need to boot from cd... but nothins.. alwasy protected styles
I will call ketron italy about this is not correct. the keyboard is my not change, only backup hard disk
I'm thinking clonzilla do the same

of course you know the protection better then me. is logical that pendrive when installed has wrote a file that is correct with serial number of hard disk, and then if clone is not same. double protection on pendrive and harddisk. it was better if pendrive when installed wrote a file connected to the serial of audya and not serial of disk!

but before buy another pendrive I will try something more (I have no more idea now ahahh)

#358560 - 01/12/13 07:04 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: pastroccio]
Snoopy Offline

Hi,

Iīm quite sure that Audya has no "built in" serial-number. Because then Ketron had to put in any keyboard an individual chip ( EPROM or similar )!!! In my opinion itīs just the label thats on the case.

CloneZilla is a good option for the sticks, but unfortunately not for the Audya-harddisks wink

@leezone : Formatting the harddisk in a pc doesnīt work ( beause Audya seems to use a "not normal FAT32" file-system ), and if formatting in the Audya you only get those 80 GB.

Maybe that editing the hd parameters ( MBR, Clustersize ... ) with an hex-editor after formatting it in the Audya could help to get more than 80 GB.

Edited by Snoopy (01/12/13 07:10 AM)

#358946 - 01/18/13 10:49 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Snoopy]
Ketron User Offline

Hello,

Altough i bought the same SSD, and SATA to 44-pins IDE Convertor,
my Audya refuse to recognice my SSD.
I can't format my SSD in first place...

@Snoopy
You have also used a SATA to 44-pins IDE Convertor. Buth the Audya use a 50-pins-Connector from HD to Printboard.
How to connect ???

Thanks in Advance for any advice...

Regards,

Carlo

#359165 - 01/21/13 08:36 AM Re: AUDYA5 and SSD [Re: Ketron User]
Snoopy Offline

Hi Carlo,

on my convertor there is a small jumper, this one has to be removed, otherwise the Audya wonīt recognize the SSD !

I you have a look to the 2nd of my pictures maybe you can see that the 6 pins LEFT SIDE ( seen from above ) of the cable are not connected to the convertor.

In other words : "Nr 1" of the cable to "Nr 1" of the convertor.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online