SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#350272 - 09/03/12 06:57 PM Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available..
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I just came back from my shore gigs this past week..doubles everyday eek

As I just typed that sentence, I realized...it was good I had the BK5 ....access to the beach stage etc, the BK5 made it easy smile

I am thinking about selling the BK5, with a GroovePak wheeled case, and a 32 gb thumb drive...all packaging ,power supply, cd , manual, and music rack included...

If you are interested, email me with an offer (yes Bill, you too) smile
I purchase it the last week of May...still like new...I can keep the thumb drive loaded with my data, SMF's, styles, Billboard top 100 from last 60 years wink

My reasoning, I have not touched the MediaStation , since I bought the BK5..it is in the case...and I should be using it...with a great 76 key bed...
I have another month at the Crab Trap...and I use to leave the MS there on stage, so not to haul it through the crowd..
I take the BK5, but never leave it, it is a breeze to carry..

I wanted the BK5 for the senior gigs, but have not been able to book many so far,,,,and the G70 can be used, without a problem ..since there are only a few senior gigs...If I was doing a couple a day, the BK5 is ideal..

I don't use MP3's on the senior gigs, so that great feature (player) on the BK5 doesn't get used..
I like the 76 keys on the G70, and the built in mic and harmonizer...The most practical keyboard I have...

What the BK5 does, it does best, in a small package...and combined with the BA330, it is the perfect small set up..

Well... I said I was thinking out loud grin

What do you all think...should I just keep it...even if it sits in a case for a while?

Anyone!!! Or if you really want a deal...while I am "thinking out loud"....Hurry !!!! confused

#350273 - 09/03/12 07:06 PM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
If you don't need the money just keep it.

#350277 - 09/03/12 08:08 PM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Fran,

You should sleep on it, and decide in the morning.

Are you thinking S950 ? confused

I am

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#350279 - 09/03/12 08:31 PM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: lahawk]
Fran Carango Offline

Frans ..good point...

Larry, No...I just like 76 keys, and miss the extra keys....The BK5 is the best 61 key, lightweight board for me..
The Yamaha doesn't match up with SMF play, and the BK has way better drums....to me smile

When I do think about the BK5, and compare it to the other keyboards available, including what I recently owned and sold (PA800)...the BK is ideal for what it does.....I think I will take Frans advice...and keep it...and I don't have to sleep on it....Thanks guys.. clap

#350282 - 09/03/12 09:20 PM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Is it on ebay yet...........?

#350323 - 09/04/12 07:24 AM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
i've had mine for a couple of days. i had to re-learn the roland programming system, but for the price it's a nice machine. pros are light , nice sounds, great midi,mp3,wave playback, alot of editing menu driven features.,can search and setup while playing (sort of), if you setup each song you do the way you want and save (like the yamaha,korg songbook feature),then its a great backing machine. cons are small screen (for these 65 year old eyes). not very good for playing"on the fly" meaning it is menu driven however if you do a song setup and save ,you should have no problems. i had a va76 and this is close.

#350335 - 09/04/12 08:56 AM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: wrinkles303]
Fran Carango Offline

Originally Posted By: wrinkles303
i've had mine for a couple of days. i had to re-learn the roland programming system, but for the price it's a nice machine. pros are light , nice sounds, great midi,mp3,wave playback, alot of editing menu driven features.,can search and setup while playing (sort of), if you setup each song you do the way you want and save (like the yamaha,korg songbook feature),then its a great backing machine. cons are small screen (for these 65 year old eyes). not very good for playing"on the fly" meaning it is menu driven however if you do a song setup and save ,you should have no problems. i had a va76 and this is close.

It absolutely is a great keyboard...the best value in it's price class...Don't forget to update the OS to 1.03

#350336 - 09/04/12 09:38 AM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Fran, I think you should keep it. It's a good tool. Maybe you don't have too many senior gigs now but that could change. What if you hurt your back or something? How about for those jobs where you have hardly any space to set up? Ever had take your keyboard up 3 flights of stairs? I bet you'd like to have a "lite" keyboard so you don't have to hall around the G70.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#350338 - 09/04/12 10:11 AM Re: Thinking out loud..BK5 may be available.. [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Geez Fran !! If I don't check the board every 15 minutes and I miss a good deal LOL!

I'm still on the fence although leaning BK7M because of the keyboard and I may have found a good deal on one. But your post had me changing my mind--- then three posts later you change your mind !!! Soooo--- if you change your mind again give me a shout. I can be at the Trap anytime, good food, good music and maybe come home with a door prize

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online