SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#337398 - 01/25/12 11:14 AM Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I am debating on adding a Tyros 4 to my gigging rig. I have many songs already finished on several different workstations and converted them to WAV files. My wife and I sing to the arrangements and I play on top of the audio with a live sound, currently on a Motif ES7.

Is there a way to create a "Playlist"/"Set List" on the Tyros 4? I would load all of the WAV files to the HD of the Tyros. I know I can access them direct from the HD but can I arrange them into the order for the next gig? I don't want to rename files with the old fashion way of 01-02-03-04-05. I want a gig order from the 150 songs and 250 worship songs I have already transfered.

I use the Motif ES live to play and to launch sequences for half of my act. I have 50 plus songs on the Sonar V-Studio 100 to play from the built it SD WAV player/recorder... but that is in alphabetical order.

I have an iPod Touch 32GB for my back up... I can make set lists within iTunes and import them into an App call BackTrax and play through the gig in order. I want to use WAV files because the sound better to me... more drive and push. There are a few ways I am thinking to go but I wanted to get the forum members' ideas first.

Ideas???
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#337494 - 01/26/12 06:19 AM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Here are the options I am thinking of...

iPod Touch on a SM Pro Audio DI Dock
iPod Touch on a Tascam CD200i
iPad 2 in an Alesis iO Dock running the Live Trax Pro App
Yamaha Tyros 4
Korg PA3x (Using mp3 for audio)

Replace my Motif ES with my Motif XF for gigs...
Use my files with the audio player on the XF (Organize on the computer in folders)

The Tyros will give me great additional sounds to use live and the VH2. Plus, I sell the Clavinova line and the Tyros would be a great way to demo sounds of the higher end Clavinovas.

On the Tyros 4... Can I organize WAV files into different folders on the HD?
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#337531 - 01/26/12 02:10 PM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: shueymusic]
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Arrange them into folders? Yes
Arrange them into registration banks? Yes

Making use of registrations lets make you switch between songs in only a split second.

To make it independent from 'moving parts' like rotating HDD putting in a Solid State Disk will skip the startup time of the HDD after the 'sleep status'. (see Yamaha fomum. Take out the standard drive and replace it with SATA SSD

Edited by kla4 (01/26/12 02:12 PM)

#337545 - 01/26/12 04:48 PM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: kla4]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
And you can use the MusicFinder to sort, organize, and create playlists. I suggest you download the manual and check it out.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#337549 - 01/26/12 05:10 PM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: shueymusic]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ditto +1 to what Roel (kla4) & Al (kbrkr) said. smile

#338344 - 01/31/12 09:13 PM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: Scottyee]
shueymusic Offline

After reading the Tyros 4 reference manual... it looks like I can use the Playlist feature in the Audio Section to playback the sequences I do in the studio in the order I put them. Looks like I can make several playlists so this will work for me.

BUT... at the end of the track, it looks like it will go to the next file and start playing in 1-3 seconds. Doing theatre for so many years, I always looked for audio playback devices that have an "Auto Pause" or "Auto Cue" feature.

It shows 3 playback/repeat modes for the playlists...

REPEAT Determines how the audio files will be played back:
1-All files are played in sequence once through to the end (no repeat).
2-All files are played in sequence repeatedly.
3-One selected file is played repeatedly.

Is there an OS update that adds and "Auto Cue/Pause" function? Then after I talk to the audience in our show, I hit PLAY on the Audio Player and the next song is ready to go.

#338345 - 01/31/12 09:18 PM Re: Question for Tyros 4 Owners/Using Audio at the Gig [Re: shueymusic]
shueymusic Offline

Oh... the work around if I can't get the Auto Cue feature

Put an audio file of 15 seconds of silence in between each real song. Then I'll have a buffer to remember to hit the stop key. But in a "Live" situation, I have to talk to my audience and be funny... make sure I have the right music in front of me... adjust any sound issues... get my trumpet for the next song...

An Auto Cue feature would be wonderful... Who do I contact to make that happen???

Thanks for all the advice!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online