SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#338030 - 01/29/12 10:35 PM Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good demo of some sounds and the live use of the chord sequencer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFlYSJ-QDfw
There are also links to some other good demos by same guy.
DonM

#338036 - 01/29/12 11:44 PM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Don, this impressive Pa3x chord seq demo is just what i've been wanting for "so long" to finally see, as it beautifully demonstrates how, with the chord seq feature, you can easily rec a chord progression loop "on the fly" when performing in auto accomp mode, and then have the arranger follow the just recorded chord progression loop, allowing you to totally free your LH up to manipulate the controller wheels, and not have to struggle with trying to play LH chords at the same time .This allows for far more instrument expression when playing RH solos. I'm very impressed with the Pa3x sounds, styles, and beautiful design style and quality build , but personally, its this chord seq feature that sets the Pa3x a cut above all the rest of the other current TOTL arrangers. Don, thanks so much for posting that terrific demo. To both Don and Rikki,: Congratulations to both of you on your new Pa3x keyboard "Pride and Joy". - Scott smile

#338039 - 01/30/12 12:05 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
Good demo of some sounds and the live use of the chord sequencer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFlYSJ-QDfw
There are also links to some other good demos by same guy.
DonM

Don,

I don't think you will be selling this for a long while, it's a very nice finished product, its a winner, good luck with it Don.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#338042 - 01/30/12 01:34 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Very Impressive thanx Don !

#338065 - 01/30/12 08:00 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Has this thing blossomed, or what? Remember all the negative impressions and griping that went on when those first demos appeared and all the moaning and groaning about what a bunch of garbage this new board was? Oh my! What a difference a few months make. Go get 'em Korg!

All I've got to gripe about is how to get the $$ together. laugh

Edited by 124 (01/30/12 08:05 AM)

#338067 - 01/30/12 08:13 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: 124]
Bachus Offline

I just love chordsequencers,

12 chords and a transpose button and i am set for an evening of blues jamming

http://keyszone.boards.net

#338070 - 01/30/12 08:28 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

CS I have no need for , I never used it on my G1000 also....I rather play thru ...Yamaha better step it up FEATURE WISE on their next TOTL arrangers, players need more then just great sound. I hope we see some Tyros feature improvements soon....Ketron has kool features that use to love, Drum lock, bass lock, simultaneous mode play etc.....Roland has best D beam, sequencer & makeup tools, in the business...I'm hovering but my helicopter is slowly running out of gas! smile

#338071 - 01/30/12 08:33 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: 124]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: 124
Has this thing blossomed, or what? Remember all the negative impressions and griping that went on when those first demos appeared and all the moaning and groaning about what a bunch of garbage this new board was? Oh my! What a difference a few months make. Go get 'em Korg!

Hi 124,
I can't speak for others, but I for one have remained "consistent" in my initial impressions about the Pa3x. headphone

My only beef was how long shocked it took for Korg to finally release the Pa3x after it was initially announced. It was a difficult choice between upgrading to Tyros 4 or waiting, waiting, and waiting even longer for the Pa3x to finally only recently become available. My patience wore out. In the end, though I wish Yam Tyros 4 included a chord sequencer too, I'm very happy with Tyros 4, and because I realistically can't afford 2 TOTL Arrangers, thankful that Korg now offers the ultra-budget priced microARRANGER, which has allowed me to have both Yamaha and Korg (albeit older gen) sound sets for only a few pennies more than one TOTL. Having the microArranger/Pa50 Korg sound set now, has definitely intensified my desire in getting a Pa3x sooner than later. Korg knew what they were doing succesfully enticing me over with their $499 bargain. dancers

#338075 - 01/30/12 09:06 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: 124]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By: 124

What Scott said +

We were "griping" (I call it constructive criticism) smile about the quality (and quantity) of the videos and audios available, and at THAT time, they were awful. For most of us, this was the ONLY way to rate a keyboard, so based on the media available, the negative comments at that time were indeed warranted.

DonM thanks for the chord sequencer video link...very impressive.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#338095 - 01/30/12 11:28 AM Re: Demo of PA3X chord sequencer and sounds [Re: DonM]
124 Offline

Yep, I'm saying the same thing as you guys. Early presentations were indeed pretty bad and got the reception they deserved. I'm just happy that things are going the way they are now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online