Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#337000 - 01/21/12 08:17 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Online   content

Originally Posted By: bruno123
aaaaaaaaah, nice Thanks
Donny, great work I expected no less from you;

Big smile, John C.

Bruno /124....thanx so much...I hope it helps some people make a decision on the KMA. John I'm glad I'm not indecisively alone lol wave ....I hear you my friend!

#337001 - 01/21/12 08:20 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: cassp]
Dnj Online   content

Originally Posted By: cassp
Donny, great job! The last demo style goes back to at least the iX300; it was called "Da Blues." I have a BSQ with that intro, all four variations and fills and that ending. What is it on the KMA; I can't find it.
Been noodlin' around myself today and have decided to create a complete set of KMA style songs. This is the first time since my G70 that I've been excited about "playing" the keyboard. I'm now wondering why I never purchased a PA500 or 800 cuz they sound great, much better than my s910.
So many people are talking about this keyboard as it's the newest and greatest thing out there. It's not; it's 10 yr old technology in a new package. Shows to go that not many people paid a lot of attention to the PA50/60 when they were out. It also proves that older sounds and styles are just as good as the new stuff, for the right price.

Cass thank you....I totally agree with all you have said above its all so true!!! btw the style on the KMA is called simply "BLUES" it was in user 3.

#337002 - 01/21/12 08:26 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: zuki]
Dnj Online   content

Originally Posted By: zuki
I've said all along, with a few others here, that the PA series is an incredible board. Some of the downloaded styles I've gotten around to are just downright beautiful. Not only the sounds and styles and editing features, but this board allows soooo much for imagination.

I agree Jim.....KORG is really listening to it's customers ....with for EG: a 76 & a 61 Pa3x model just released says something as Yamaha Tyros owners have been begging for years for 76 and still nothing....not to mention the tremendous editing capabilities also offered in their arrangers..both are different sounding, both T4/Pa3x are really good ....its up to the the players choice what to buy..

take care

#337004 - 01/21/12 08:43 PM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Fran Carango]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Fran,
I've only ever used my stuff at home.
Must admit I now wish I'd kept some of my stuff. I had a couple or so of the pocket pedals, midi switch box was one.
I'm starting to wish I'd kept my midi patch bay too.
I seem to be collecting keyboards again. haahaa

Did you actually midi arrangers together or moreso arrangers with soundmodules?
I used to mainly midi all my soundmodules together. I used to collect those too. At least I've gotten over that addiction . haahaa
Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
I have performed for many years..using Midi set ups..2 ,3 and 4 keyboards...using Anatek Pocket pedals , daisy chained, or MX8 Midi control routing boxes....Never had a major problem and set up time never exceeded 10-15 minutes..

If you make sure you hook things up right at home..you won't get the hung notes or midi loops etc...on the gig..

I always experimented with my keyboards (mostly Roland)..midi back into themselves, and turn local off..Many times giving advantages the keyboard could not on it's own...In fact there use to be hidden system files to turn on that were never public...I recall the D70 was great in this aspect..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#337009 - 01/22/12 12:06 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I think what I was trying to say, is that if this microArranger has it's users graduating from this instrument to a full size PA-800 or PA3X, whoever did the marketing strategy was a genius.

Ian

That's all very well Ian but the KMA is like chocolate, after a while it gets a bit sickly, especially if you have too much stuffed down your throat, not even chocolate is that good, is it, Donny makes it sound good but this little critter will never see itself on a PROPER stage, it's more likely to find itself on a dining room table, it's fun and well all know, let’s leave it at that. I wish someone would bring out a new KB and then we could get back to some normality, if there is such a thing. I mean let’s face it do you guys drive about the USA in a British Leyland Mini, maybe on Sunday for fun. Real men get in a chevy.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337010 - 01/22/12 01:14 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Tony Hughes]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
I think what I was trying to say, is that if this microArranger has it's users graduating from this instrument to a full size PA-800 or PA3X, whoever did the marketing strategy was a genius.

Ian

That's all very well Ian but the KMA is like chocolate, after a while it gets a bit sickly, especially if you have too much stuffed down your throat, not even chocolate is that good, is it, Donny makes it sound good but this little critter will never see itself on a PROPER stage, it's more likely to find itself on a dining room table, it's fun and well all know, let’s leave it at that. I wish someone would bring out a new KB and then we could get back to some normality, if there is such a thing. I mean let’s face it do you guys drive about the USA in a British Leyland Mini, maybe on Sunday for fun. Real men get in a chevy.

Hi Tony,

Before I say the wrong thing here, you have been saying a few things which seem to be a bit contradicting. Initially you referred to it as a toy, later on you said you would be getting one yourself ( are you ?) and now you are stating it will never hit the stage as a sidekick to the performer ?

As to that last remark, I personally disagree. As you know I have explained on my webpages how to hook up the Micro to one's main arranger in a way that you would not even have to bother about keys.
Also see the thread about this, in which Bernie has meanwhile succesfully hooked up his to his Nord synthesizer keyboard.

It may last yet another few weeks before the penny drops but I stick to my opinion that the Micro can be used in any setting that is, as a "toy " during a birthday party, as a solo entertainer for a quickie or as a sidekick for the (semi) professional, in whatever set up. Just my two cents mind you, for what it is worth.

kind regards,
John Smies

#337012 - 01/22/12 01:43 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: john smies]
Tony Hughes Offline

John,

Perhaps in a moment of madness I might have said I was getting one, twas but a jest. John I have an Audya, Tyros4 and a Fantom XR, now what else would I want, to be able to play the KMA (Kiss My Ass) like Donny would be the next on my list, you must admit he's one hell of a player, those demos he did took the cake, he could demo for Korg, I haven't heard better and the poeple who have KMA haven't stepped up to the plate yet and caught him up. I have enough cables and gizmos, you mark my words this is a 7 day wonder and will disappear like a fart in the wind, don't hold your breath John, someone who only wants to spend £400 on a KMA isn't going to want to buy any extra software. I know and you know it's toy, it isn't going anywhere.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#337016 - 01/22/12 02:21 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I liked my PA-800 fine until Zuki(Jim) got it from me.

Edited by Bernie9 (01/22/12 02:21 AM)

#337020 - 01/22/12 03:56 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Perhaps in a moment of madness I might have said I was getting one, twas but a jest.

I saw no winks or similar to indicate it was a jest. So you are saying we can't take anything you say seriously ?

John I have an Audya, Tyros4 and a Fantom XR, now what else would I want. I know and you know it's toy, it isn't going anywhere.

The KMA fills a niche market. Any instrument that capable musicians can produce excellent music on can't just be dismissed as a mere toy. And you yourself have been posting on threads regarding the KMA for more than 7 days so I guess you are already wrong about your 7 day prediction. Its small footprint and keys simply makes it useable as a stand alone instrument which is very cool for its price but as John pointed out it is easy to control it from a full sized controller when available.

Hmmm let me see ... you like Donny's KMA demos ... you acknowledge it is a great low price ... I don't see why you are being so critical. You don't have a Korg arranger so it could make sense for you to add it to your collection for an incredibly low investment after spending crazy amounts on those other keyboards. And it's not like your history of postings regarding your opinions of your Audya have been very positive for the money you spent on it. You have made that obvious to all of us.

#337022 - 01/22/12 04:14 AM Re: My KORG microARRANGER Demo Pt 2 [Re: Bernie9]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Morning Gentlemen

Having had my KMA or is it spelt Karma for 5 days and completed two gigs without a problem all I can say is our audiences, which we perform for on a regular basis, said they couldn't tell the difference from my Pa2x.

I'm happy (no hernia) they are happy (more bookings) can't ask for much more).

Playing for your own enjoyment is one thing, playing for the "PAYING" public is a different ball game. Repeat bookings are the acid test.

Regards

Col

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online