SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18 >
Topic Options
#335663 - 01/09/12 09:51 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Jackieh]
Tony Hughes Offline

Jack,

Mark said this:

" You've got a long way to go to convince me that DNJ did those demo's "live" within a day of taking the unit out of the box. I'm also a professional accordionist. The French musette part of that demo sounds suspiciously like a MIDI file. It takes me hours to adjust my fingering from the full size piano keys to the smaller accordion keys to play that French music. More power to DNJ if that's what he did on the spot....I just won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Mark "

Mark says he won't believe it until he see it and that it, he thinks like me it sounds so good can anyone produce demos like this and says more power to DNJ if he did do it on the spot, I do think that perhaps Donny did them but, I still think he needs to send them to Korg and show Korg how to make demos, there demos are not all that good.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335664 - 01/09/12 10:15 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Tony Hughes]
Jackieh Offline

To me that is still questioning his integrity and I don't buy it--If he has to see it to believe it get on a plane and go see Donny play in person!

Jack

#335665 - 01/09/12 10:37 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Guys and Gals,
I have played side by side with Donny at Don Mason's Jams and I have no problem believing he played every note of the Demos.

Deane

#335666 - 01/09/12 10:45 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
The surprising thing is that the non-believers or challengers to DNJ authenticity are the ones that NEVER has posted no even one measure of a song as a demo.
Will we gain something from this arguments other that resentments and push away other SZ members from posting demos?

The older we get the silliest we some become.
It is suppose to be the other way around.

sil·ly
&#8194; &#8194;[sil-ee], -li·er, -li·est, noun, plural -lies.
adjective
1. weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish: a silly writer.
2. absurd; ridiculous; irrational: a silly idea.

#335667 - 01/09/12 10:56 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Machetero]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I’m not all that new here … I don’t post much. I almost never respond to this kind of discussion. However, I certainly agree with Jack. It is obvious that certain commentators are attempting to prod Donny into a brawl. It has nothing to do with playing ability, music, arrangers etc. It reminds me of those computer bloggers who sit in their basements in bunny slippers criticizing and complaining about world conditions while not ever attempting to make a positive contribution. You all have every opportunity to not listen to Donny’s demo or to ignore Donny’s posts if you have a mind to. As well, you do have a right to criticize if you’ve a mind to, but don’t attempt to disguise that criticism as a noble endeavor to promote music purity.
Ciao,
Jerry

#335670 - 01/09/12 11:06 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Saswick]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Saswick
I hear lots of Korg intro's and endings

Regards

Col

Colin not certain what you mean can you explain?

Regards

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#335671 - 01/09/12 11:10 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Jerry and Jackie...I doubt very much if anyone is trying to prod Donny into a brawl.

That's just plain silly, and actually, making a statement like that is even goofier.

I certainly have not questioned Donny's integrity...in fact, if you read my posts, I have said nothing but good things about his little demo, his singing, and his show.

I also have never heard him play solo arranger (except for the recent demo), but, I am willing to take the word of those here on SZ who have actually heard (and seen) Donny, and also even jammed with him, that he can play. Then again, it would be nice to hear him play in person, but, for me that's not possible, so I have to rely on recordings and/or videos.

Try to keep these discussions on topic please; there's no need of admonishing those who have simply expressed an opinion...just like you have done.

Ian

#335672 - 01/09/12 11:10 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: ianmcnll]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
it takes me hours to get used to going from a very small keyboard to a full size (and vice versa), but there are those able to do it...Scott Yee says it's difficult, but not impossible.

To be honest, even on first play out of the box, I experienced very little problem adjusting to playing 'one note at a time' style melodies similar to the playing style showcased so professionally in Donny's demo. For me, the difficulty comes up when more advanced Right hand piano playing is attempted, like a succession of block chords (closed voiced). Though the keys are most certainly small, I find them acceptably playable, as long as you can deal with the limitations. Some people can, some not. For those with larger hands and/or fingers, I would pass on this keyboard, but for average and smaller sized hands, it shouldn't pose much of an adjustment problem. I continue to play my T4 , my acoustic grand, as well as microArranger and able to adjust my playing approach accordingly.

I was invited to an impromptu dinner party in San Francisco yesterday and simply put my 9 lb microArranger into a gig bag and easily took it on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) into SF to entertain friends, playing the Korg micro thru the host's hi-fi system. Everyone was blown away by the impressive sound and above all, we all had fun. I sang & played the entire time in auto accomp arranger mode. I've got no illusion of this Korg micro ever 'replacing' my Tyros 4 arranger setup, but it certainly fills the 'all in one' pro sounding ultra portable take anywhere arranger keyboard niche I for so long could only dream of. Scott smile

#335674 - 01/09/12 11:21 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Scottyee]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: Scottyee

I've got no illusion of this Korg micro ever 'replacing' my Tyros 4 arranger setup...,

That's good to hear Scott, and I'm sure it won't replace most (if not all) full size, pro level arranger setups, Yamaha or otherwise.

It is fine for simple left hand chords and single note right hand melodies, which it is no doubt designed for, and it does have an excellent sound for how cheap it is.

Happy playing,

Ian

#335676 - 01/09/12 11:43 AM Re: My KORG Micro Arranger Demo Pt 1 [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Well, these two last posts are right on the money. It's a 'horses for courses' thing, folks.

Page 10 of 18 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online