SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 28 of 36 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36 >
Topic Options
#334253 - 12/07/11 11:47 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tony Hughes]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
I agree with you Tony and I hate to go harping back to what I said in the beginning about all of this. A large proportion of users had problems with audya and it should never have been released to the market until all the flaws were ironed out. We were used a unpaid beta testers after paying BIG bucks for what was a flawed product. AJ recognized this and went about ironing out the problems. He posted a list as long as your arm of the changes that were needed to improve Audya. I have no idea if he managed to rectify all of them. I'm not even sure if I want to go back and try audya again, but if I did I would be buying one with Ajs upgrades so I think it would be in ketrons interest to make sure they include it in any future audya they sell.
But, knowing how they operate I would say thats unlikely to happen.
Hope its all going well Tony.
Rusty

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Originally Posted By: Rusty 999
Tony, here is a quote from one of the guys using it now :

Just a few words about the AJAMSONIC upgrade from AJ for the Audya series. The intros, endings, and arrangements he has put into this are truly amazing. They totally blow away anything that ketron ever drempt of including. I would swear there is a real live band inside of my audya 4 now. The sounds are that realistic. How he did it, I can't even begin to guess. Another great feature is that when you change arrangements from A to B, or C, or D, the lead instrument and its setting changes also, sometimes to voices that didn't even exist before, and all are great. The number of mp3s and midis he installed blew my mind. It must have taken him untold hours just to do that. Many of the midis also have the scrolling lyrics that we like. Some have the chords displayed on the screen as well.

Its out there !!

Rusty,

I bought my Audya 2 years back because it sounded like a real band and so did everybody else, that was the pinicle buying an Audya, now are we saying it was not the best and with AJAMSONIC it is now the best, where are we all going, when will it all end, MARS!!

Rusty, would you swap your two boxes of ordinary soap power for one box of DAZ.

Regards

Tony

#334254 - 12/07/11 02:11 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Rusty 999]
Tonewheeldude Offline

sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.

#334266 - 12/08/11 01:49 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland

Sorry Tonywheeliedude but your statement is completely untrue

Myself and two other users -one In Uk and one in Ireland had very similar problems with the audya and believe me we are not novices when it comes to gear and also pro studio equipment.

None of the audya I am talking about were earlier versions. Mine was only a month old when i found that it started blowing fuses and it turned out that ketron had been fitting the power supply too high in the casing of the Audya 4 and it was shorting out. Great Design-- Not !!

Another user in Finland had the exact same problem but that was only one of many problems.

No one that i know of was silly enough to delete or format their hard drive

Thats an old Cherry of yours --blame it on User Error--I have seen you use it here several times and it doesn't wash anymore--the audya was and probably still is deeply flawed!! How can you say my statement is inaccurate when dozens of users are having problems. I can see its in your interest to fly the flag for ketron but dont try blame Ketrons poor quality control on the USERS. You are not the only one who was born with a brain and we are very capable of deciding whether something is the fault of the user OR the fault of the manufacturer. AJ outlined in a post here exactly what the flaws and faults were in the Audya and i'm not talking about version 1.0 . Why do you think it took him and his team over 9 months to iron out the problems. Personally I would recommend that anyone buying an audya should make sure its an audya with his upgrades included. A lot of users felt that they were stuck with it and had to make the most of it but at least now theres light at the end of the tunnel but its a pity someone like AJ who saw so many bad points in Audya that he was prompted into spending the best part of a year fixing ketrons problems.
Sorry tony but you need to get your facts right and you must be living with rose coloured glasses if you think Audya was a product that was ready to be launched on the unsuspecting public. It was NoT ready and if this was another company they would have been forced to Recall their stock until it was fit for purpose--And audya was not fit for purpose !!

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
sorry Rusty999 but your statement is completely untrue. Version 1.0 was by no means the best operating system because new features have since been added. Just about all of the problems in those early days were due to:

1) user error and a failing to understand the nature of an instument like the Audya. Almost all of those early issues were due to people connecting their computers and deleting stuff they should not have - a number even formatted the hard drive in an attempt to get it back to factory condition. Things that just do not happen now.

2) poor retailer/distributor support, sometimes because the owner had purchased from outside of their country, sometimes because the distributor/retailer also lacked good product knowledge

I know this for a fact because I am the Service manager for the UK distributor of Ketron so had to deal with EVERY single issue in this country, as well as some in other countries. I have the serial number of every Audya in the UK along with cross referenced information on upgrades and warranty/user error repairs & support for each and every Audya.

My good friend Tony's problems (which I am sure you remember) were nothing to do with the keyboard but originally caused by his retailer setting up the Audya with a laptop that had no AC adapter, power failing taking out system files on the hard disk.

I am not taking anything away from AJ, simply correcting your innacurate statement.

#334267 - 12/08/11 02:40 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Sorry Nigel - i don't want to take over the thread, and this will be my last post on the subject.

Rusty999. i know the person in the UK - he lives in Scotland and brought the Audya module from Thomann so we could not assist. I felt sorry for him, but nothing I could do.

FYI. I have the very first Audya 4 module to come out of the factory here in the showroom (we use it as our demo unit and it has not been modified.), in fact we in the UK had the first shipment worldwide so all of our initial order were from that very first run. I'm sorry you had a problem, but its a huge leap to state the entire first Audya 4 production run had the same issue - it did not.

I do realise you have did have a genuine and isolated problem and rightly feel annoyed. But I must point out, had all of those initial Audya modules been at fault Ketron would have been legally required to make a complete product recall - plus they would not have passed the very strict and extensive European certification tests in the first case.

#334271 - 12/08/11 05:36 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Tony Hughes Offline

Rusty,

TWD is right with regard to my KB, I suppose you can say with any new produce there are going to be problems, one real problem appears to be where you buy your KB from I know that if you buy your KB in the UK TWD will travel the length and breadth of the UK to put it right if you have a problem, certainly from what you have seen on SZ this is not the case for everyone who ever bought an Audya, the only fault I see if the is one is Ketron giving a dealership to people who don’t have the ability to put things right if they go wrong.(this is not aimed at one person there have been a few) I think things have settled down as you would expect and frankly as far as AJ software is concerned you need to see it , hear it and try, see if it falls over. How it will make any problems the Audya has right now, I am not clear, I don’t think there are any. Oh and BTW no one yet has seen the price for AJAMSONIC and that’s a bit frightening, why it’s been held back, the price I mean. The Audya is £4200 in the UK and frankly I can’t see anyone wanting to spend any more money once you buy one and IMO don’t really need to. My KB has worked perfectly for the last 2 years, I am sure people who still have problems will sort them out. If Skude had TWD on his door step his would be fixed, now that tells you all you want to know. If you buy a KB from Thomann for instance and there is nothing wrong with doing that, Ketron set them up with no boundaries, do not expect a door to door service, if any KB from them goes wrong you will need to send it back to them. I think AJ now needs to post the price list and let’s all know what it costs, especially LEEZONE who has been sat biting his finger nails for the last 18 month ,AJ has had a team working on it and wants a return on his investment, come on AJ.

Cheers Rusty

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334275 - 12/08/11 07:28 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: cakemog]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tonewheel & Rusty,

I just have to throw in my 2 cents worth here between your arguments. I can't comment on the Audya 4 module, however I can comment on the Audya and Ketron.

I believe I purchased one of the first Audya's here in the US. About three and a half years of hard playing and usage later, here are my thoughts.

I believe many of the problems several of us experienced with our Audya's was either a combination of, or separate issues with the following:

1. An Operating System that contained Glitches and was not perfected before it's release.

2. Isolated Hardware conflicts or defective parts.

3. Ketron's Quality Control.

4. Users attempts to Troubleshoot and correct problems themselves.

Personally, I experienced a combination of all of these. Thankfully with the help of my Dealer Frank, Tony and AJ and determination on my part, I was able to get my Audya functioning properly besides an occasional audio out glitch.

Despite the problems I've experienced, Playing the Audya professionally has taken me to the TOP of my game.

The Compliments, the Bookings, the Earnings and the FUN Factor has made it all worth while.

Over a course of 40 years playing professionally, I have owned and played Hammond's, Lowery's, Thomas, Wurlitzer's, Fender Rhodes, Baldwins, Technic's, Roland's, Yamaha's and Korg's.

The Audya is my First Ketron/Soltron product. I wouldn't trade it for ANY Keyboard.

I give Ketron the credit where credit is due. They are the ONLY Manufacture to my knowledge who Researched and Developed a Keyboard using LIVE AUDIO Percussion and Guitar technology. That LIVE BAND SOUND is what brings out my creativity and Musicianship on Stage.

With AJ's upgrade soon to become available, I can only imagine the outcome to be nothing less than Brilliant!

A SPECIAL THANKS to AJ for his R&D and Dedication to correct and improve Ketron's Short Comings!

Jim

#334277 - 12/08/11 08:43 AM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: NiteLife]
Tony Hughes Offline

Jim,

Very well put and I would agree with everthing you have said, I got mine the same time as you and I too had problems, the Pa2x had blue leds that sent Korg crazy, any new product there will be problems but between use we managed to sort them out and Jim you were also bang on a lot of people fiddle and made matters worse. I come back the Frank and Skude and at the time I said a lot, IMO, Skude should never have bought the Audya from Frank and Frank should never sold it to Skude, but did either of them know what was going to happen NO. They both acted in good faith and Frank did his best, I can well imagine what happened in franks shop that day, Frank demoed the Skude he sat down played the Audya, blown away and there was no way the Skude was going back home without the Audya, we can all learn after the event, lets hope Skude does get it right, I hope the cable I sent fixes it, it did for me I had the same INT PHASE ERROR. AJ still waiting for that price.

Good Luck with your Audya Jim
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#334297 - 12/08/11 04:11 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tony Hughes]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
I mean lets face it, it took a leap of faith the buy Audya, I'm glad I did, the sounds are fantastic, best live sound ever. As far as AJ and the update, well we have waited soooooo loooong now, a few more days months or years won't make a difference, can't believe the official release has happened AJ, but on your site it still says comming soon for demo's. I, like many can't wait to hear and see it, but we want to know what it's all about. So please come on, give us something!

Thanks

#334302 - 12/08/11 09:14 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Sorry Nigel - i don't want to take over the thread, and this will be my last post on the subject.

lol TWD .. if you feel you need to respond or add more please do.

#334303 - 12/08/11 11:01 PM Re: www,ajamsonic.com [Re: Robbo]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Robbo
I mean lets face it, it took a leap of faith the buy Audya, I'm glad I did, the sounds are fantastic, best live sound ever. As far as AJ and the update, well we have waited soooooo loooong now, a few more days months or years won't make a difference, can't believe the official release has happened AJ, but on your site it still says comming soon for demo's. I, like many can't wait to hear and see it, but we want to know what it's all about. So please come on, give us something!

Thanks

Robbo I like that " a leap of faith" thats the best explanation todate, and as you say, your right another year wait wouldn't matter, in fact just imagine if Ketron developed a new Audya, AJ might have to start all over again. The count would start all over again. Leezone would have retired. A the World keeps on turning.

Good luck in 2012 with your Audya

Regards

Tony

Page 28 of 36 < 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 35 36 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online