SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17 >
Topic Options
#328648 - 07/12/11 10:16 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Originally Posted By: leeboy
Chas,
I want to hear a demo of what you said...you sing WAY off pitch and I want to hear the machine put your voice right on the money...just like the demo Craig did.

I'll second that request! And, post it on YouTube if you don't mind.

Cheers,

Gary cool

I'll add my vote to yours and Lee's, Gary, but I have a feeling that we may be waiting a very long time...obviously talk is cheap.

Craig put his demo where everyone could see and hear the power of his software, and also demonstrating the Tyros4's VH-2 is more than a mere upgrade from the previous harmonizer.

It would be nice if the VH-2 finds it's way to the upcoming PSR-S-series and CVP Clavinovas.

Ian

#328650 - 07/12/11 11:19 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

This must be the fastest moving post ever and it’s so nice to see more people getting involved with a rational manner, good old SZ back on track, lots to talk about, feels pleasant now.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328651 - 07/12/11 11:34 PM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Its spreading like wild fire

#328652 - 07/13/11 12:19 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: rolandfan]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: rolandfan
Its spreading like wild fire

Wow! 980 views at my last count.

Definitely lots of interest in Craig's software.

Ian

#328657 - 07/13/11 03:50 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: ianmcnll]
Tony Hughes Offline

Ian,

Well this is the best thing that’s been on SZ for a while and good it is too. I’ll bet you are glad you are associated with one of the best KBs ever.
Ian I have tried singing on the T4 this morning and I think I am as good as Joe, does this mean I can entertain the old folks, still not as good as Miden on the old vocals, get the new T4 software and hell , Britain’s Got Talent for me.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#328659 - 07/13/11 04:04 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I showed this demo to my wife and she exclaimed; "You mean this could make me sound normal when I sing and not feel embarrassed?".

This is exactly the customer Yamaha should target with this feature. I think any tool which can get more and more mainstream people involved with music is a great thing.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#328660 - 07/13/11 04:10 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: kbrkr]
Tony Hughes Offline

Al,

20 out of 10 I'll go with that, not sure I would let my missus loose on the T4, or drive my car.

#328663 - 07/13/11 04:39 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: leeboy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: leeboy

Chas. doesn't matter if the VP-770 is not an arranger, I could care less what it does.

Then why ask me to demo it? I never said it was an arranger; only that it was a keyboard that had that capability. Uncle Dave is right, in that, like the VP770, it uses a combination of your voice and the note played as formant and carrier to form the 'new' voice you hear. On the VP770 there are many, many parameters available to modify the characteristics of the newly formed voice. You can add as much or as little of your own voice into the mix as you like. If, by chance, you CAN sing reasonably on-key, mixing some of your own voice in can add more 'flavor' to the mix, especially if you are doing harmony as well. Of course, none of this matters if you are only interested in this feature as an add-on to a T4. However, since SZ is made up of more than just Yamaha T4 owners, despite their posting dominance, I thought I'd just include information on another product that had a similar capability (and was already available). Since I have no stake, monetary or otherwise, in Roland, I was not PUSHING Roland products, just providing additional information related to the subject originally posted. I have no history of shilling for Roland, so I could care less if you go out and buy a Roland product. I thought the whole idea of a forum was to provide as much information as possible on a given subject. What they choose to do with that information is up to them.

After Lee and Gary's 'challenge' to my information, it was no surprise to see the usual 'piling on'. I'm still hopeful that some of you will actually READ what's posted here, sort through the propaganda, ignore the thinly-veiled barbs, and not be so easily taken in by glib opportunist who seize every chance to promote their product and attack anyone who dares suggest that there might be life outside of planet Yamaha. Personally, I think Yamaha makes a fine product, not so sure about those who shill for it.

chas

#328665 - 07/13/11 05:19 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: cgiles]
Tony Hughes Offline

Chas,

Just as I thought we had turned a corner on SZ and we have ladies posting, first time I have seen, people I have never heard of before post now and we are back on the same old bandwagon, this thread was OK until now, guns drawn at dawn is not what this is about. Chas I understand you were a pilot like me, hell glad you are retired wouldn’t like a tongue-lashing with air traffic control would you, just to get a landing slot. Chas, my granddaughter saw your photo on the screen just now, I tried to explain why you put it there and I could not think of one good reason, if you tell me I will tell her as long as it is logical.

#328666 - 07/13/11 05:35 AM Re: You will not believe this!!!!! [Re: Tony Hughes]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Chas, my granddaughter saw your photo on the screen just now, I tried to explain why you put it there and I could not think of one good reason, if you tell me I will tell her as long as it is logical.

Tony, tell her I was looking for something demonic, and your picture wasn't available at the time.

smile

chas

Page 8 of 17 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online