SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#324282 - 05/16/11 01:17 PM What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Realizing most of us rotate our song repertoire,
as well as learn & add new tunes regularly,
I'd love to hear what songs you're performing 'most often' right now. smile

Here's mine: cool

Current Core Repertoire Favorites:
Beyond The Sea
Girl From Ipanema
I Left My Heart In SF/If You're Going to SF, Wear Flowers
In The Misty Moonlight
King Of The Road
Moondance
Rhinestone Cowboy
Route 66
Save The Last Dance For Me
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Sleepwalk
Spanish Eyes
Summer Samba
Sunny
Sway
That's Life
The Summer Wind
Under The Boardwalk
Witchcraft
Wonderful Tonight
You Can't Hurry Love

Newly added/updated:
Help Yourself (Tome Jones)
Kiss Me Quick (Elvis Presley)
Chain of Fools (Aretha Franklin)
I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Bob Dylan ala Curtis Stigers Style)
I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
Light My Fire (Jose Feliciano quitar style)
The Coffee Song (updated using: Hip Boogaloo Style)
Teach Your Children (Crosby, Stills, Nash)

#324287 - 05/16/11 04:25 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
I'm in a "quiet dining room" sort of phase. Tunes I'm currently playing include:

Here's that Rainy Day
When Sunny Gets Blue
All In Love Is Fair
A House Is Not A Home

On B-3, It's what you'd expect:

Chicken Shack
Work Song
and every tune off of the Jimmy Smith/Wes Montgomery album:
Dynamic Duo

Don't worry folks...it's just a phase.

R.

#324290 - 05/16/11 05:27 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
vast mix between musical genres/tempos here - depends on my mood lol

La Paloma
Besame Mucho
La Player
Island in the sun
Cavatina (theme from the deer hunter)
Canon in D
Gypsy (from lord of the Dance)
River flows in you (acoustic)
Robert Miles - Fable / Children
Sultans of Swings
Stereo Love (by Edward Maya)

Nick

#324298 - 05/16/11 08:53 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Here's some that I play almost always:

Girl From Ipanema
Besame Mucho
Sway
Ouizas
Wave
Meditation
Ojos Muertos (Autum Leaves)
Here's That Rainy Day
Days of Wine and Rosses
Jesey Bounce
Watch What Happens

Stuff I've just added:
Ring of Fire
YMCA
Radio
Elvira
Route 66
At the Hop

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#324301 - 05/16/11 09:53 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Realizing most of us rotate our song repertoire, as well as learn & add new tunes regularly, I'd love to hear what songs you're performing 'most often' right now. smile

Beyond The Sea
Girl From Ipanema
In The Misty Moonlight
King Of The Road
Moondance
Rhinestone Cowboy
Route 66
Sleepwalk
Spanish Eyes
Summer Samba
Sunny
Sway
That's Life
The Summer Wind
Under The Boardwalk
Witchcraft
Wonderful Tonight
You Can't Hurry Love

Excellent selection of songs, Scott.....every one a winner!

Mark

#324309 - 05/17/11 06:47 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Originally Posted By: Scottyee
Realizing most of us rotate our song repertoire, as well as learn & add new tunes regularly, I'd love to hear what songs you're performing 'most often' right now. smile

Beyond The Sea
Girl From Ipanema
In The Misty Moonlight
King Of The Road
Moondance
Rhinestone Cowboy
Route 66
Sleepwalk
Spanish Eyes
Summer Samba
Sunny
Sway
That's Life
The Summer Wind
Under The Boardwalk
Witchcraft
Wonderful Tonight
You Can't Hurry Love

Excellent selection of songs, Scott.....every one a winner!

Mark

I agree. I'd like to listen/play any of those tunes on your list
Scott.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#324314 - 05/17/11 09:56 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Scott,

Doesn't it depend on what type of event your playing at? I'm sure a NH gig is different than a cocktail hour gig which is different than a VFW Dance which is different from a Restaurant gig?

I'd love to see your lists tailored for each different venue. When I get home from work, I'll post my Cocktail hour setlist.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#324320 - 05/17/11 11:51 AM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Scottyee]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Good point Al. I like the lists that have been posted. I often longed for having the need for a single song list so as to become really proficient with a specific genre. I currently play in an Italian restaurant and have an extensive song list for that and a dinner/cocktail/American songbook list, an oldies dance list, and a Buffet/Caribbean list. Then there are sub-lists, as some of the tunes played for an Italian festival would not be used in the restaurant or for a wedding, and other tunes for dance (oldies/balla liscio/ballroom) gigs may be different than that for stage shows.
Ciao,
Jerry

#324324 - 05/17/11 01:13 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: Jerry T]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've found the easiest way of doing this, at least for me, is via a combination of features, Music Finder Directory and Registrations--the MFD being the easiest and fastest. The MFD favorites list can be tailor-made to fit any venue, however, you can always revert to the primary list to comply with the wishes of those who want to request songs that are not on the favorites list. My current MFD master list is about 525 songs, while in registrations I have about 350 songs to select from. Lots of options to chose from.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#324328 - 05/17/11 01:47 PM Re: What Songs Are You Playing "Most Often" Currently? [Re: kbrkr]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
I've found the easiest way of doing this, at least for me, is via a combination of features, Music Finder Directory and Registrations

Ditto +1 cool
I utilize several custom self-created MFD database files each geared specifically for different venues. I basically started with the MFD included in the keyboard and then use Michael Bedesem's "MusicFinder View" to remove the songs I would never play, and create new song records that I actually 'do' play. My master MFD song list includes approx 1800 songs, some with alternate styles linked to them depending on the venue. I also utilize custom REGS for a few hundred of the songs that I'd consider my core repertoire and/or songs that require more custom settings that require REG stored settings & features: chords/lyrics file display, tempo change within a song, key modulation, medleys, etc. As Gar said: "Lots of options to chose from". smile

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
Scott, Doesn't it depend on what type of event your playing at?

Yes, but all the songs I included in my above list I'm able to play at any of my gigs, from NH, cocktail lounge hour, wedding events and mixed age group parties too. I'd obviously add a few more older chestnuts and more current hits for a younger crowd, and more dance tunes for a party event, but I think the songs in my list are pretty much cross generational, and can be easily altered to suit the venue & age group by simply utilizing a different style, groove and/or tempo. For example for a senior crowd or early evening cocktail lounge setting, I play "Sunny" as a laid back bossa, but later in the evening when the younger folks hit the dance floor, I'll bring up the tempo and switch to a disco-trance beat. I love the flexibility our auto-accompaniment arrangers offer.

Originally Posted By: kbrkr
I'd love to see your lists tailored for each different venue.
Ok, in addition to the above songs here are a few more my audiences enjoy, many of which the song arrangement can be tailored to the venue:

Baby Face (trad swing for NH, and disco style for dance crowd)

Making Whoopee (essential wedding gig novelty tune)

Top Hat White Tie and Tails (great for cocktail hour)

Misty (another cocktail hour staple)

Up, Up and Away: (a 1960's Jimmy Web tune which has got some great chords) of which I'm working on as a big band style arrangement.

Hawaiian Song Medley:
Pearly Shells, Sweet Leilani, Lovely Hula Hands, Little Grass Shack; Tiny Bubbles, Hawaiian Wedding Song, etc.
The older ladies esp appreciate this to fulfill their Don Ho fantasy grin

Artist Medleys:
Sinatra, Elvis, Hank Williams etc.

Outdoor Party Events:
Abracadabra; Rockin' Robin; Brown Eyed Girl; Green Onions; Sleepwalk; Mercy Mercy Mercy; Groovin; Stuck In The Middle With You;
Under The Boardwalk, Save The Last Dance For Me; CCR Medley

Novelty Fun:
Beer Barrel Polka Medley; Mr. Sandman; You're 16; These Boots Are Made For Walking

Contemporary Pop:
I'm Yours; Bubbly; You're Beautiful; Earth Song
I won't hesitate to include any of these tunes even at a NH venue as not only does the staff appreciate it, but the residents themselves also seem to enjoy it as keeps them feeling young and up to date with the current music. Interestingly enough, it's often now NH/Senior Care facility residents themselves that I get requested to play one of these.

I'm now looking forward to hearing about what songs others here are including in their current repertoire including specific gig venue(s) cool

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online