SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#324792 - 05/23/11 07:48 PM Roland BK-7m and Yamaha Motif XS8
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
First... a tip of the hat to George - he was a pleasure to do business with and included a USB stick full of MIDI files and additional Roland styles. I own the Yamaha Motif XS8 - I love it's workstation capabilities, but sometimes you just want to play. If you've longed for your workstation to sometimes be an arranger, then I highly recommend this module. I was playing in minutes - connected MIDI cable, booted up, chose Keyboard Wizard, touched one key on the Motif, and I was up and running. Needless to say, I have much to learn. For now, I am enjoying the styles from the Roland, and using the pianos and various RH voices from the Motif - great combo.

#324828 - 05/24/11 09:31 AM Re: Roland BK-7m and Yamaha Motif XS8 [Re: truberto]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
What setup did you use, Digital Piano or Master Controller? Have you tried controlling any parameters by the XS8?

#324837 - 05/24/11 10:38 AM Re: Roland BK-7m and Yamaha Motif XS8 [Re: truberto]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Roberto,

Congrats on your BK-7m! I'm using mine with my Tyros 4, controlling both from my Roland accordion! It works great. The voices from the Tyros together with the styles of the BK-7m make an anawesome combination.

I'm still learning how to control certain parameters via foot switches and directly from the accordion, but its coming along.

Basically what I've done so far is to create performance banks of voices on the T4, (8 per bank), that I can use w/BK-7 or T4 styles. For example, Jazzband, Polkaband, countryband. Dixieband; and so on.

I havn't tryed to incorporate voices from BK-7 yet because I find them difficult to access on the fly. Hopefully Roland will do an upgrradee wherebby the one touch settings are easily accessable form a footswitch.

Good Luck w/your setup.

Don P

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online