SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#319325 - 03/15/11 10:15 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Audrey Turner]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Originally Posted By: Audrey Turner

I do have some of his (edit 'J' Bill Norrie) 'sets' on an SD card, so if there is anything in particular you would like, let me know and I'll put it on a floppy for you, but I think you can download his setups direct from his website to your own PC, then you could save them to your own floppies - it would certainly be quicker than 'snail mail'

Audrey

Just a suggestion .... (Hopefully a Good Idea).
I saved all of Bills Songs on to floppies in the Computer as Technics File types, as well as all those remaining on the 'Keyboard Players' pages on Cees's Keso Cafe site. These made some 28 floppies, each of 20 songs - a massive 560 songs, all in my mainly 'Oldies but Goodies' favourite 'Easy Listening' Genre.. I then took a 1Mb SD card, and transferred them off the floppies to the SD Card - A long process, when you can't run SD file programs in Vista or Windows 7 !!! - I now just plonk the SD card into the KN7000, and use the continuous play mode, which gives me great music to listen to all day, while I persue my many other interests and hobbies.

I was surprised to find a very old friend and talented musicians music on the Keso site - John North (Organ Eyes), who I have only ever known using Yamaha Tyros Arrangers. I didn't know he played a 7000 back in 2003, just before I met him, and used to attend his gigs in Derbyshire. A lovely man, and Oh, so very talented! As I commented earlier - Its a small world in the music game !!

Kind regards,

John

Edited by Tony Deaf (03/15/11 10:20 AM)
Edit Reason: Speling mistooks

#319385 - 03/15/11 03:55 PM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
I don't do things by committee, John - they just go round in circles...
Fascinating question you raise about new younger blood though.
Rog

#319390 - 03/15/11 05:19 PM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Tony Deaf]
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I've never met John North in person but consider him a good friend of mine. Not only did he help me out on several occasions with the Technics keyboards through this Forum, but when I bought the Yamaha Tyros 3, I found the operating system an extremely up-hill struggle to learn and John kindly talked me through the basics for two hours on the telephone. He also sent me a USB stick with everything on it that we had talked about, ready to load and play. What a joy to play it is too.

I can honestly say if it wasn't for him, the T3 would have been returned to the Dealer within hours of purchase. That was when I came to fully realise what a great keyboard the KN7000 is, way ahead of it's time. Don't get me wrong, I quite like the Yamaha keyboards but for very different reasons. O.K. so the sound system is brilliant on the Yamaha T4(my latest) but, for me, the KN7 keyboard is still the 'King' of them all.

Over the years, I've learned such a lot about the Technics keyboards from members of this Forum. It has always been a welcoming, friendly site and long may it reign.

Audrey

#319432 - 03/16/11 07:16 AM Re: Technics Resources... [Re: Audrey Turner]
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England

Here are a couple of pics of John North, about 2 years back, taken at The 'Black Boy' at Heanor in Derbyshire, where he does a gig every Saturday night.
He has a regular set of 'Floor Singers' there .... something I have always managed to avoid, its an art on its own !!

On that particular visit, we took along a few musician friends from our local area,
and had a meal together at the pub before he started his Gig - he is seated on the left. I am far right leaning back,
and must have been drunk, as I am 'all blurred' !!.

So now you know what your 'Telephone Friend' looks like, Audrey - I was aware of your probs with the T4, as I am a 'silent member' on YPKO !!

Bill reminded me last night, that John is a retired 'Bobby', and before that was in the Royal Marines.

Kind regards,

John

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online