SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 19 of 27 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310269 - 03/25/10 12:18 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
James, you were here through the entire saga. You saw us recommend he reinstall his data, you saw us recommend he get a disk image from someone whose Audya WAS working correctly. You saw him ignore us completely (and be quite arrogant about how much HE knew about the process) and continue to bitch about his issues without the slightest acknowledgment that others' Audya's actually worked correctly (which would clue any but the blind to a software issue) or that he hadn't really TRIED anything to fix it himself.

ALL keyboards can have software issues. Install a corrupted OS into ANYTHING and you can get unpredictable results, sometimes, you can bollix it up past fixing! And yes, even software manufacturers can get it wrong! I can't for the life of me imagine that this is the FIRST time something software has gone wrong in his life! I wonder if he spends all his time on the Microsoft website blogging about Windows issues? (Or Mac issues, trust me, they ALL got 'em!)

Dom, for the love of God, DON'T sell Tony an MS. At ANY price! Do you REALLY want the same treatment he gave Ketron, for the next few years? Do you want every last thing he can't figure out, let alone REAL bugs (James has already found a few, I doubt they are the last) being moaned about incessantly on every forum he can, on every thread he can?

You and I have had our issues over the years, but I NEVER gave you the kind of grief he has given us and Ketron, all over something that COULD have been quickly fixed if he wasn't so obstinate as to not take some peoples' well intentioned help. This guy makes me look like an angel...

#310270 - 03/25/10 12:29 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Another thread gone *sigh*

James can you start another new thread with further developments on your MS?

This one will now just descend into tit for tat comments ad nauseum.

And having to wade through pages of crap to find gems is a real pain.

I just wish that if people have an axe to grind they start a new thread. That way we can all avoid it and stick with the main game.

Thanks
Dennis

#310271 - 03/25/10 12:44 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Another thread gone *sigh*

James can you start another new thread with further developments on your MS?

This one will now just descend into tit for tat comments ad nauseum.

And having to wade through pages of crap to find gems is a real pain.

I just wish that if people have an axe to grind they start a new thread. That way we can all avoid it and stick with the main game.

Thanks
Dennis

i agree with you miden

guys,is this now a ketron thread?
is ok,that we talk about something else here, but this thread is started by James and

please write only about MS/Groove and James?

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310272 - 03/25/10 01:31 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You guys didn't get the memo? Apparently, EVERY thread is a Ketron thread. This is the SZ General Ketron Arranger Forum, and nobody really cares about anything other than Tony and lee's every last gripe and whine.

This IS getting out of hand. Nigel (has for weeks, really), can't you start to do something..? You HAVE removed posts before without removing the whole thread. I, and I'm sure pretty much most of SZ would LOVE to see the Ketron issue relegated to it's own threads and prevented from dominating every issue...

#310273 - 03/25/10 01:39 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

What MS really really needs to become the ultimate success is a huge community of people creating awesome stuff (Styles/sounds/performances) on it and sharing it over the web.

I am only wondering how long it will take till someone finds a way to copy all those gorgeous Audya styles and then create his own Q-ranger styles with that raw matterial... and finally sharing it on the web for free...

I don't wanna discuss if its legal or not... but when MS and groove become popular this is going to happen making them even more popular.

And best thing is, Ketron will not sell one instrument less, because a Ketron Customer that likes a closed system that will work straight out of the box will never buy an open system that needs to be tweaked with every song they want to play.

And you can also count on your fingers that there will be a gorgeous freeware soundset available that can stand up to T3 and so make the Mediastation the perfect system to play T3 styles, or a soundset with Roland quallity so Diki can play his favourite styles on MS too.

I don't say its legal, but its going to happen when the Groove becomes popular and mainstream... And people like Helmut Ederer developing styles for the Mediastation and trying to sell it in Germany and Austria will only speed up that process.

I have doubted very long about the possible success of Mediastation and Groove, but the instrument has grown month after month and its finally ready for mainstream music market. As long as Dom keeps improving it (like debugging the faults found by James) and adding more feautures to it, the company has a bright future and will gladly take over the place of companies that stopped being innovative and have left the arranger buiseness (Roland, Wersi, Gem)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310274 - 03/25/10 02:08 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
As long as Dom keeps improving it (like debugging the faults found by James) and adding more feautures to it,

With due respect Bachus, those faults on the MS identified by James, were already identified by me on this forum a year ago.

Along with a few others that I am also waiting to see if they have been sorted.

One that DOES seem to have been fixed is the J.A.C.K. operation. So thats a good start.

But the others (as confirmed by James) still have not been addressed from OS 3.

#310275 - 03/25/10 02:50 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Quote:
With due respect Bachus, those faults on the MS identified by James, were already identified by me on this forum a year ago.

One that DOES seem to have been fixed is the J.A.C.K. operation. So thats a good start.

Debugging and improving things is based on priorities...

Since the MS has improved a lot since 3.3, i guess there are still some things left to be repaired... as ther allways are in software buiseness.

Atleast we all agree on the fact that Dom listens to the playerbase and improves the instruments step by step.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310276 - 03/25/10 02:55 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

Atleast we all agree on the fact that Dom listens to the playerbase and improves the instruments step by step.

Totally

#310277 - 03/25/10 02:58 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
AFG Music Offline

Quote:

only, James makes video from problems he finds. Domenico will know what exactly is going on then, MS / Groove users are happy that someone, so loudly and clearly explain something. people who are interested in lionstracs products are happier. but I must say that the bugs I found are fixed quickly.

and my suggestions as that of others if they are practicable be taken seriously by lionstracs. on lionstracs forum Domenico had a wish list for users, but becouse of some negative prejudices here, he was very tired.
here were even people who had wanted him to stop this product.
when I see the OS now, I can say it is so close to the finish line, maybe some very small steps still to do. if the O.S once reached the finish line, other options that are asked are very simple to make. This product will ever be the best selling product, by which he can and others can not do.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-25-2010).]

#310278 - 03/25/10 03:10 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
on some giga sounds this controolers are working, depend IF the giga sound was developed with this filters too.
On gigastudio you have to assing each midi CC funcions to the relative desidered control.
98% of the gigalibrary sounds included are made with the Extreme sample converter.
the sounds developer just adjust the loops and some basic CC.
Try to copy one complete giga sounds with the all controllers and then you can see that are working.
No my fault this time...

Ok, I understand.

So you have the 4 sliders locked down and named as doing very specific functions, jet they don't connect in anyway to those functions in the Linux Playback Sampler software driving the sound.

It depends on the giga files to tell the playback sampler what to do when the sliders are moved.

So in short, even though slider 1 is called Cutoff, it could easily be Attack if the Giga file uses attack on that CC number. Man that's confusing. Why name the sliders in the first place if that's the case. Why not just list them as real time controls and name them by their CC number.

My V-Machine gives me direct access to the ADSR of the playback sampler which is the way I'd expect any system to work.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-25-2010).]

Page 19 of 27 < 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online