SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 >
Topic Options
#310129 - 03/18/10 08:40 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I was under the impression that Lionstracs has discontinued their "76" key version of the Mediastation. The only 76 key I see on the website is "close out" models and the dual manual Organ thing-a-ma-jig. That's why I said in an earlier post that I thought Lionstracs was "out of sync" "up in the air" and quite frankly "out of touch" with a good portion of Arranger players. So, not only are Dom's arranger workstations now relegated to 61 keys only apparently (except the "fire sale" items), they STILL cost an arm and a leg to boot. Or rather... I have to say though that the "fire sale" Mediastation's are a bargain.

Such is life when the Manufacturers can smell "gullibility" a mile a way and "pounce" on their targets like a Lion - (s)trac. Yammie, Korg, and Roland are all guilty too so it's not like I'm singling out Dom. OTOH, maybe Casio WILL release a high-end Arranger at Musikmesse this month and perhaps it will "undercut" the competition's cost considerably. All things considered, I would gladly spend two or three "thousand" 'less' on the Casio if indeed Casio musters an acceptable offering that is full featured and has at least 128 note polyphony. And in a 76 key version of course.

All the best,
Mike

#310130 - 03/18/10 10:56 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dennis.

Quote:
As a request to James, I wonder if you can load up the Irish Grand ans see how it goes?

I can go one better than that. The Irish Grand is very detailed but its still a cut down version of the original recordings I made and I have already assembled another piano from the original recordings into a giga file.

The file size is far too big for closed keybaords but on the Mediastation it's ideal. Loads in about a 1.5 second . Promise, demo's are coming. I just need to get a few other things out of the way her first.
Quote:
And if it still has it, the performance saving and recalling.

Will do.

Regards
James

#310131 - 03/18/10 10:57 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

76 and 88 key mediastations will be available again for sure.... but currently the production cycle (handmade) will do the Groove models first...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#310132 - 03/18/10 11:39 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Hi Diki.

Quote:
Glad it is in the hands of someone that can make good music (mind, you, it is strange it never was before

Thanks.
AS for getting my hands on one before, I did play one a few years back. Domenico doesn't know this but he has meet me in Germany at the Musik Messe in 2006. He actually gave me a quick little demo but I never introduced myself because I was out there with KORG at the time.

I took many pictures too. I think there's some online............. ok found one.

If anyone wants to browse the other photos I took that day CLICK HERE . There's a few nice DJ photos

Quote:
I don't honestly think there was any 'secret club'. Everyone that had one here posted music by it. Just all excruciatingly bad

lol... Your mean
It begs the question though how is that even possible. Just booting the keyboard up and jumping to the first sound in Linux sampler sounds fantastic.

Quote:
It sounds from your description that you don't really intend to use it as an arranger, though, or am I reading you wrong? I hope so, because all I ever wanted to hear was someone make this thing live up to its' potential as an arranger. Still, anything will be good.

Unfortunately having to call singers is unavoidable So yes, it will be used to back singers, but I won't be singing to the arranger functions.

When I'm singing it will be streaming audio and running VSTi's as well as Giga files.

Regards
James

#310133 - 03/18/10 12:10 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

To be honest I have never heard a tune or song played from start to finish on a LIONSTRACS anything, I don't think there is any snippets anywhere of someone playing one, buggering about on one yes, but seriously making sweet music no, any idea why. Is it not from playing on surely you are going to knock out a jig or two on your for us sometime soon.

Regards
Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#310134 - 03/18/10 12:17 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Dennis.

Will do.

Regards
James

Great, thanks m8

That being the case (the FULL sample set) the Irish Grand should sound so sweet!! I will look forward to hearing it.

Cheers
Dennis

#310135 - 03/18/10 08:00 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Irishacts Offline

Hi Everyone.
I found some time tonight to record some video footage. The following files are in mp4 format and recorded in HD (720p) so expect large file sizes. YouTube won't let me upload tonight for some odd reason so I'm going to host these off my own server for a while.

01 – Introduction
Just a quick video of me talking about the video's and what's to come.
Click to Download - 94MB

02 – Loading and setting up giga files.
In this video I show how you can assign Giga files to slots on the screen so that they can be recalled at any time with a single press of a button. The audio is a direct line so you can also listen to the quality of the sounds in this video.
Click to Download - 500MB

03 – Piano Performance.
A short performance of me playing an original tune on straight piano.
Click to Download – 139MB

Kind Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-18-2010).]

#310136 - 03/18/10 10:19 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Nice vidoe's James, the piano sounds great for a giga sample, but still there are some better sounding piano vst's around. I like truepiano's a lot... the physical modelling adds a lot of body to the piano sound. Nevertheless this might be the best piano sound i ever heard comming from an arranger keyboard.

Keep them comming these video's, It feels like finally we will be getting to know the true possibilities of the Mediastation..

Can't wayt till we get to hear some styles playing on Q-ranger or the Live styler...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 03-18-2010).]

#310137 - 03/18/10 10:49 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
Bachus Offline

Finally finished uploading the giga sample instruction video

And those pipes sound just totally awesome

#310138 - 03/19/10 01:11 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation arrived today.
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
awesome videos James, compliment!
the deal start to match...
I just send you the new Live-Arranger V2, copy it on your preset folder and play! Now work really nice!
Is configured to play with the Giga Sounbank GM/GS.
record a new video so you can make happy someone there
regards

Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online