SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30346 - 12/10/99 11:52 AM 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Roel Offline

Hello,
I just built in my new Vocalizer and it sounds very good !
Now I like to turn on/off the vocalizer with a single footswitch and I'd like to know connection details of the 'multipin D' so I can make the proper cable on the switch.
Who is able (and willing) to give me the details ? (Direct Email ?)

kind regards,

Roel

#30347 - 12/10/99 11:57 AM Re: 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Roel,
It's not so bad using the front panel switch to toggle the on/off on the harmonizer, but I've ordered a 6 button switch anyway. If it comes with a wiring diagram, I'll send it to you. Doesn't the quality of the mic input sound great with the board installed?

------------------
Uncle Dave

#30348 - 12/10/99 05:06 PM Re: 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
Roel,

There is a six-switch FS 6 and thirteen-switch foot pedal units each with a D-sub 15-pin male connector FS 13 made by Solton/Ketron for the use of Solton X1. I bought an FS 13 and am happy about it. You can take the system default setting for foot switch button assignment or customize your own assignment - much more flexible than the unassignable Roland FC-7 foot switch for their G, E, and EM series. I don't think the foot switches came with wiring diagrams. If you want to build one, you should email to sandro@ketron.it and see if he can give you some hints. The prices of FS 6 in U.S. is about $165 and FS 13 about $225 for your reference. I would recommend buying instead of taking the trouble of building one because the X1 OS may not support what you build. I am so used to using the foot switches that I cannot play well without them - our hands are real busy without the help from these foot switches. I even use a Roland PK5 MIDI pedal board for manual drums and bass lines when needed and so my feet are pretty busy when playing too.

Paul Ip

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online