Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30346 - 12/10/99 11:52 AM 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Roel Offline

I just built in my new Vocalizer and it sounds very good !
Now I like to turn on/off the vocalizer with a single footswitch and I'd like to know connection details of the 'multipin D' so I can make the proper cable on the switch.
Who is able (and willing) to give me the details ? (Direct Email ?)

kind regards,

#30347 - 12/10/99 11:57 AM Re: 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Philadelphia Pa, USA
It's not so bad using the front panel switch to toggle the on/off on the harmonizer, but I've ordered a 6 button switch anyway. If it comes with a wiring diagram, I'll send it to you. Doesn't the quality of the mic input sound great with the board installed?

Uncle Dave
Everyone, and everything I listen to is my teacher. Every instrument, every voice, every sound in nature ... they are all my private tutor ... 24/7 for free.

#30348 - 12/10/99 05:06 PM Re: 15 pin D connector X1... who knows details ?
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.

There is a six-switch FS 6 and thirteen-switch foot pedal units each with a D-sub 15-pin male connector FS 13 made by Solton/Ketron for the use of Solton X1. I bought an FS 13 and am happy about it. You can take the system default setting for foot switch button assignment or customize your own assignment - much more flexible than the unassignable Roland FC-7 foot switch for their G, E, and EM series. I don't think the foot switches came with wiring diagrams. If you want to build one, you should email to and see if he can give you some hints. The prices of FS 6 in U.S. is about $165 and FS 13 about $225 for your reference. I would recommend buying instead of taking the trouble of building one because the X1 OS may not support what you build. I am so used to using the foot switches that I cannot play well without them - our hands are real busy without the help from these foot switches. I even use a Roland PK5 MIDI pedal board for manual drums and bass lines when needed and so my feet are pretty busy when playing too.

Paul Ip

Moderator:  Admin, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online