Roel,

There is a six-switch FS 6 and thirteen-switch foot pedal units each with a D-sub 15-pin male connector FS 13 made by Solton/Ketron for the use of Solton X1. I bought an FS 13 and am happy about it. You can take the system default setting for foot switch button assignment or customize your own assignment - much more flexible than the unassignable Roland FC-7 foot switch for their G, E, and EM series. I don't think the foot switches came with wiring diagrams. If you want to build one, you should email to sandro@ketron.it and see if he can give you some hints. The prices of FS 6 in U.S. is about $165 and FS 13 about $225 for your reference. I would recommend buying instead of taking the trouble of building one because the X1 OS may not support what you build. I am so used to using the foot switches that I cannot play well without them - our hands are real busy without the help from these foot switches. I even use a Roland PK5 MIDI pedal board for manual drums and bass lines when needed and so my feet are pretty busy when playing too.

Paul Ip