SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >
Topic Options
#301492 - 12/25/10 02:48 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Irishact.
You guessed, I wish I was Under 80,

Have a Happy and Merry Christmas.

Gilbert.

#301493 - 12/25/10 03:09 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Tony Hughes Offline

James,

Maybe that cheapo Wersi Wing will turn a few heads, what do you think?

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#301494 - 12/25/10 03:44 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
And finally, lets all just hope everyone under the age of 40 going forward loves a good Polka and Cha Cha and the go against all modern music of today.

....or, moving forward the under 40 crowd will have to actually create their own music with a KB workstation which in itself isn't a bad thing creatively ...just takes some talent and some time.

#301495 - 12/25/10 04:36 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
moving forward the under 40 crowd will have to actually create their own music with a KB workstation which in itself isn't a bad thing creatively

The vast majority are already doing it without arrangers so maybe everything I've said is already pointless from the point of view that it's already too late.

Not that Yamaha probably care too much either way as if they can't sell them Arrangers, they will sell them Workstations. It's a win win for them either way.

Oh... I don't know. Just don't want to see Arrangers become like Organs in the time line of history.

James.

#301496 - 12/25/10 05:11 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
And finally, lets all just hope everyone under the age of 40 going forward loves a good Polka and Cha Cha and the go against all modern music of today.

I don't think there is any reason to doubt they will. Here it looks like that the music
who was "Top of the hitlists" when I was young still does it for people in most ages.
Examples are: Creedence, Rolling Stones, Hollies, Beatles etc.
Also Country Music who has been less popular for a period are now great stuff.
Popularity of music styles changes like a sine curve during the times, and new styles
of music being added all the time.
I think we will see this mirrored as "on board" styles in future if arrangers still
being made, as well as (hopefully) more addon stuff will be made to fit the regional,
local and personal taste.

Nowadays more and more young people going to dance classes and compete in "showdance",
standard dances and native culture dancing, so Polka, Tango, Cha-Cha, Swing, Waltz,
Rumba and Riverdance etc. will continue live on.

Regarding Yamaha taking down other Arranger brands, yes, I think it looks like that is
a fact. Yamaha is a big company that have the resources, money, personal, marketing ...
you name it.
Never seen as low price for a new top of the line arranger in this country as when the
Tyros 4 came out. So, if Yamaha also manage to make styles sound more live and natural
like Ketron and Korg, "steal" the Composer, Bank and Panel Memory functions as well as
add some of the userfriendly OS from Technics, they're going to win the battle.
If Yamaha then adds optional choice as onboard speakers as well as 76 keys for those who
prefer such model, they will blow the competitors off of the scene!

It's really too bad if Korg, Ketron and maybe Wersi don't make any success by continue
developement and production of arranger keyboards.
Competition is sure needed to keep up the diversity as well as avoid monopoly.

Cheers
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#301497 - 12/25/10 05:41 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Oh... I don't know. Just don't want to see Arrangers become like Organs in the time line of history.

James.

Don't worry, Jim, Yamaha has it all under control...it's out of your (and my) hands anyway, as companies like Yamaha and Korg do what they think is best for them...not what we arm-chair marketers think they should do.

Live for today...the future will take care of itself...and maybe, just maybe, you'll age well and in a few years, you will soon be playing an arranger like the rest of us.

Merry Christmas

Ian

#301498 - 12/25/10 06:08 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by gilbert:
Ian,Spalding.
You have both made this issue Chrystal clear,presenting an even, factual resumes of where the arranger market is today and will likely be in the future.

In my view You have both identified the projected future of arranger manufacturer and users, also more than adequately answered to the original posters statement.Thanks for your considered input.

Gilbert.

Thanks Gilbert. I really do see a good future for arrangers...I've yet to see a clinic or demo where the "under 40's" outnumber the "over 40's", but, unless the world explodes, or we have anothet flood (I'm putting two of each arranger in the ark ), we will always have "over 40's".

It's like automobile makers who cater to a certain age group successfully, like Toyota with it's Camry, and/or Honda with it's Accord...the Tyros is geared towards the age group I stated, as they are the ones with the income, the time, and the interest.

May you have a Merry and Musical Christmas, Gilbert.

In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the Christians called it "Christmas" and went to church; the Jews called it "Hanukka" and went to synagogue; the atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each other on the street would say "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Hanukka!" or (to the atheists) "Look out for the wall!"

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 12-25-2010).]

#301499 - 12/25/10 07:41 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO,
When the new Korg comes...look out, it is going to be superb.

Then, I will go about the decision to go Yamaha or Korg...

I have many areas of those instruments to explore before I decide.

By the way...new younger people getting into arrangers???
Ha Ha...have you looked at today's youth lately...they could'nt care less.
Part of it is...their just too lazy..OH.. I am only talking USA here...

Lee S.

#301500 - 12/25/10 09:21 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Oh... I don't know. Just don't want to see Arrangers become like Organs in the time line of history. James.

James,... with the release of T4 it's already happening....keeping the WS & Arr camps split is all marketing strategy & of course keeps the money flowing in....which is their #1 priority.as i see it Arps, patterns etc, etc, better start being involved in every ex
Pro-arranger players itinerary in the future to create modern relative music or slowly slip into the musical rocking chair io the home players living room. This next KORG release is a very important one in terms of where Arrangers will be headed in the future..

btw, did you get my email?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-25-2010).]

#301501 - 12/25/10 11:34 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
IMHO,
When the new Korg comes...look out, it is going to be superb.

Then, I will go about the decision to go Yamaha or Korg...

I have many areas of those instruments to explore before I decide.

By the way...new younger people getting into arrangers???
Ha Ha...have you looked at today's youth lately...they could'nt care less.
Part of it is...their just too lazy..OH.. I am only talking USA here...

Lee S.

Go on youtube and type in korg pa1x or 2x or pa800 and look at the ages of the users. There are literally hundreds of clips of different users on the web and they are all almost without exception under 30 years old. I know you were only refering to the USA but this is the reason that i dont know if i agree with James initial premise about the future of arrangers and the supposedly diminishing market.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online