SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#301532 - 12/28/10 10:55 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
thank God donny the thread has steered away from your topic. Its not about supposedly yamaha taking down anybody. Your initial topic is still nonsense. You nor anyone can demonstrate in anyway that yamaha's strategy has caused the demise of any other manufacturers sales or their decision not to compete in th arranger market. And this topic has still flown close to a pissing contest. Luckily the posters have been very diplomatic and hopefully that will continue.

It had to start somewhere.. what ever it takes to make the minds congeal
Tyros 5 shouldn't be too long a wait now.. ?

#301533 - 12/28/10 12:48 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
The Tyros doesn't even have a proper Sequencer, let alone a sampler, full midi implementation, or even a sound engine that can access all it's own functions.

I'm almost tempted to start throwing around the terms Home Arranger VS Pro Arranger and comparing.

So, the Tyros doesn't work for you, Jim...you buy a Korg.

The Korg doesn't work for many people as well...so they buy Yamaha.

Not much good comparing, as they are designed for different markets, although, there is some overlap.

No matter how you cut it, both companies are very successful at marketing their arrangers.

You like Korg, some people don't.

I like Yamaha, some people don't.

Unless Korg takes off the Single Finger Chord setting, it is just another home arranger, albeit, one with a bit more depth to some of the functions.

Of course, if you must start another pissing contest, I'm sure there are those who would like to contribute to it, even if it is, and always was, a big waste of time.

I have better things to do.

Ian

#301534 - 12/28/10 12:57 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James...it is true. The Yamaha arrangers are home keyboards. That is Yamaha's target market.
You can not compare them to the PRO arrangers like Pa2Xpro, which has tons of PRO synth features as well as being an arrangher..

So, lt's don't try to compare them at all...they are different animals.

Both excellant at what they do.

Lee S.

#301535 - 12/28/10 01:14 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
James...it is true. The Yamaha arrangers are home keyboards. .

Are you referring to Nursing "Homes"?
Home vs Pro isn't an issue with so many people making a living using all kinds of arranger KB's out there regardless...who is to say different?.....is there some sort of Home keyboard police?...that theory doesn't hold water in my book..

#301536 - 12/28/10 02:22 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
James...it is true. The Yamaha arrangers are home keyboards. That is Yamaha's target market.
You can not compare them to the PRO arrangers like Pa2Xpro, which has tons of PRO synth features as well as being an arrangher..

So, lt's don't try to compare them at all...they are different animals.

Both excellant at what they do.

Lee S.

The only thing "pro" on the PA2XPro is the name.

For goodness sakes, Lee, it has single finger chording

What "pro" arranger would have single finger chording, which is for the rank beginner?

Yes, the Korg has more editing in the sounds and sequencer...big deal...most, if not all pros, use software sequencers that give you much more power and a much larger screen with which to work.

The PA2XPro, is just a gussied up home arranger...that's all...take off the single finger easy play chording, and it might have a better chance.Ha Ha.

Mind you, it is a nice piece of kit, but, then , so is the Tyros4, when you judge them both on their own merits.

And yes, both are excellent at what they do, and both are intended for slightly different markets.

You might be better off comparing the PA2XPro to the Audya.

Ian

#301537 - 12/28/10 03:04 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
thank God donny the thread has steered away from your topic. Its not about supposedly yamaha taking down anybody. Your initial topic is still nonsense. You nor anyone can demonstrate in anyway that yamaha's strategy has caused the demise of any other manufacturers sales or their decision not to compete in th arranger market.

I agree, Spalding...Yamaha has had nothing (or, at least, very little) to do with the demise of other arrangers.

Roland caused it's own demise...Technics was discontinued by the parent company Matsushita Electric for reasons unknown, but it certainly wasn't because the product wasn't marketed right, or that it had become unable to compete on a technological level...they were great instruments, and were very popular.

GEM also had internal problems in the company...the products themselves weren't at fault.

Yamaha is made up of many divisions, and each one supports the other.

That may be one of the main reasons they are still doing very well.

It's always sad to see a company stop producing arrangers, as we both know, competition is what keeps everyone on their toes, and it always benefits the buyer.

Ian

#301538 - 12/28/10 06:47 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
leeboy Offline

Donny...yes it does hold water...
Ian, If you only knew what was 'in there'.

A talented professional entertainer can make a living with just about any keyboard, atrranger or not. I am talking about the keyboard here NOT the musician. It's even more true if you can sing well!
That does not mean all arrangers are created equal as to PRO features...OK, let's call it advanced features if you want.

I bet most of the members here could take a Yamaha E-323 or the like and go out and gig with it an get by OK?? Because of their talent.

Some folks don't need or care about some of the advanced features, some do. This is not about whether you personally need or want these features..but they are there in what I call a PRO level keybord (arranger in this case)

Also, this is not about yours is better than mine ot vise versa...or if it doesn't have those advanced features its bad.

I am looking at a T4 or PA3XPRO...not sure which way I'll go...so I'm no Korg biggot.
I may forgo the advanced features of the Korg over the Yamaha for specific reasons...or I might go the other way.
You see...I am a home keyboard player that loves advanced features.

It all comes down to how you want to use the instrument now AND in the future.

Lee S.

#301539 - 12/28/10 06:53 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

How about the question Lee of Do I really need all these advanced features? or could I do with a less featured MOTL unit being I wont use many of the TOTL advanced features?

#301540 - 12/28/10 07:06 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
leeboy Offline

Donny,
Yes, that's a very good point and I have even been thinking along the same lines...I like the features and I really do enjoy messing wit them and using them...but, it depends on what you use the bord for.

See...in your case (not just blowing smoke here) you are a PRO muscian and have a great voice! You couls entertain with any keyboard. You, of course will soiud BETER with a great sounding on. Many others are in your category too.

But, Me, I am a home player...I like instrumental playing and I NEED more keyboard...because I can' sing worth a crap!
I come from the organ arena.

So...for me the better the keyboard is sound wise, features to make me sound better etc..the better I enjoy it all.

There is different categories of buyers.

I don't have time (62 now) to learn to sing (proably could not any ways), be a concert pianist etc...I just like to set here and play songs I love to hear. AND I enjoy the neat features of an arranger.

Lee S.

#301541 - 12/28/10 07:19 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Donny,
Yes, that's a very good point and I have even been thinking along the same lines...I like the features and I really do enjoy messing wit them and using them...but, it depends on what you use the bord for.

See...in your case (not just blowing smoke here) you are a PRO muscian and have a great voice! You couls entertain with any keyboard. You, of course will soiud BETER with a great sounding on. Many others are in your category too.

But, Me, I am a home player...I like instrumental playing and I NEED more keyboard...because I can' sing worth a crap!
I come from the organ arena.

So...for me the better the keyboard is sound wise, features to make me sound better etc..the better I enjoy it all.

There is different categories of buyers.

I don't have time (62 now) to learn to sing (proably could not any ways), be a concert pianist etc...I just like to set here and play songs I love to hear. AND I enjoy the neat features of an arranger.

Lee S.

Well then I would say the new Tyros 4 Home Arranger would be a good fit for you...but Yamaha MOTL units are pretty close sounding ...so again you must ask your self at any age.....do I want to spend 4k+ for a unit I might have to sell for a loss two years later for the next upgraded one? Unless you intend to keep it for a long time. Or a MOTL & upgrade down the road without breaking the bank.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2010).]

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online