SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
Topic Options
#301442 - 12/23/10 07:47 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Be prepared to be blown away...in a few weeks time

I hope your right Dennis..somthings gotta give ...I'm glad I have the patience to wait it out.

#301443 - 12/23/10 08:12 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
....With the release of Tyros 4 it sure looks like that ...or is there something sneaking up soon we don't know about yet?

No question that Yamaha in the main player in the arranger market. The other players ( don't include Korg here) are faulting no because T4 is the "Best Ever" , but because their own incompetence.

#301444 - 12/23/10 08:36 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Although it might feel great to Yamaha fans, it's always a good thing to have competition...it forces companies to keep up" and we, the user, always benefit.

Losing Roland isn't a good thing, in my view...it was Roland, with their E-20, that forced Yamaha and Korg into improving their arrangers.

Also, there's one less choice...not everyone likes Yamaha's smooth CD-like sound...Roland had a more "live" sound that was appreciated by many players.

I hope they re-enter the market, although the prognosis doesn't look good.

I'm still waiting for my Tyros4...hopefully it will arrive before the Tyros5 introduction.

Ian the Impatient

#301445 - 12/23/10 09:45 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Seems to me the only ones that have a probl;em with the topic are you & that other guy....

The merrier the days, the grouchier some get.LOL

That "other guy" happens to have a ... and a ...

Learn to read what's actually being said instead of making false accusations. Oh, right, English isn't your native tongue.

------------------
Bo pen nyang

#301446 - 12/23/10 02:56 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Although it might feel great to Yamaha fans, it's always a good thing to have competition...it forces companies to keep up" and we, the user, always benefit.

Losing Roland isn't a good thing, in my view...it was Roland, with their E-20, that forced Yamaha and Korg into improving their arrangers.

Also, there's one less choice...not everyone likes Yamaha's smooth CD-like sound...Roland had a more "live" sound that was appreciated by many players.

I hope they re-enter the market, although the prognosis doesn't look good.

I'm still waiting for my Tyros4...hopefully it will arrive before the Tyros5 introduction.

Ian the Impatient

Great post Ian and so true.....all this Yamaha hoopla will change very soon
Some people on here are so insecure

#301447 - 12/23/10 02:58 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I don't get it? Which other arrangers they take down? Ketron is still there, Roland is still there, Korg is still there,Wersi is still there,Casio is still there,Medeli is still there and proberly a few I forget are still there.

#301448 - 12/23/10 03:47 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I don't get it? Which other arrangers they take down? Ketron is still there, Roland is still there, Korg is still there,Wersi is still there,Casio is still there,Medeli is still there and proberly a few I forget are still there.

You're right,Frans.

The only insecure one here is the OP. All he wants is to cause controversy and then make up things which have never been said.

Really, where did Spalding and myself say anything that's anti-Yamaha? Once again, stop making silly accusations and learn to read what's actually being said.

------------------
Bo pen nyang

#301449 - 12/23/10 07:15 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Well, I'll chime in ... I just opened up my S-910, and the voice processor is actually worse than I remembered. I am SO spoiled by the TC unit in my pa800, I might not keep this thing. I have a different plan in mind, so I won't be hasty, but if i played out as much as I used to, I could NEVER use the 910 as a standalone voice processor. The tones are good, the rhythms are what I expected, the keys still feel the same (spongy)... and I can't get it to play any of the MP3 files that my Korg plays ... I guess I have to actually READ the darn book for change Grrrrr!

Head to head:

Sound: edge Korg
rhythms: edge Yamaha
speaker power: edge Korg
vocal effects: edge Korg
O/S: edge Yamaha

Nothing has changed between these two powerhouses since I was more active on the zone a few years ago. I WANT to like this 910, but I have my standards to think of ( voice ). I'll post more after I actually use the darn thing, but my priority was always vocals first, and the Korg has that nailed. I'll try my standalone VP using the stereo inputs into the s910 and see if the speakers can even handle the power. Fingers crossed.
PC aside - Merry Christmas! (that's what I celebrate, and I love to share the joy I feel!)

#301450 - 12/23/10 07:29 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I don't get it? Which other arrangers they take down?

I don't think they (Yamaha) actually "took down" any other arrangers, but I'm pretty sure that Roland is out of it entirely, unless you count the VIMA instruments.

Roland's drop out was mainly self-inflicted by poor marketing, and therefore there wasn't enough arranger profits to finance R&D for new features.

I think Korg is very much still in the game.

You getting another Korg?

Ian

#301451 - 12/23/10 07:31 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Dave merry Xmas .......maybe you should of waited for the new S Series unit out in a few weeks at NAMM? or KORG?

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online