SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >
Topic Options
#301482 - 12/24/10 02:47 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Dnj Offline

Roland could very well still release something new in an arranger as they are known top wait longer in between models as in past tradition....I wouldn't count them out as of yet.

#301483 - 12/24/10 02:56 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
lol.... Ian, I call that being totally oblivious to the facts as well as every point I've made.

Oh well...

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 12-24-2010).]

#301484 - 12/24/10 03:07 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
lol.... Ian, I call that being totally oblivious to the facts as well as every point I've made.

Oh well...

Regards
James

Well James, I could say the same thing about you.

Let's just agree to disagree.

Ian

#301485 - 12/24/10 03:15 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Roland could very well still release something new in an arranger as they are known top wait longer in between models as in past tradition....I wouldn't count them out as of yet.

Maybe they will make arrangers again, Donny, however what new technology do they have to compare with Korg's DNC and Yamaha's Mega and SA/SA2, just for openers?

It's disappointing to see another choice gone by the wayside, just as it must have been for Technic's enthusiasts to see that company discontinue arrangers (and the entire keyboard line as well).

Ian

#301486 - 12/24/10 03:26 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
Let's just agree to disagree.

Already done, but I'm rather disappointed we couldn’t come to any conclusion here.

Far as your concerned, all is well. Yet I see companies gone out of business and the arranger market shrinking.

Regards
James

#301487 - 12/24/10 03:38 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Or maby Roland is working together with Casio in the future. I could swear I hear some Roland sounds in the new Casio

#301488 - 12/24/10 03:46 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Already done, but I'm rather disappointed we couldn’t come to any conclusion here.

I'm not disappointed...it's not uncommon for these things to happen.

Time will tell what methods will work for the respective companies.

All I can relate is my own experience, and also that of my work-mates within the company I work for...business is very good.

Yes, other companies are shutting down, but in the case of all but Technics, it has been poor (or lack of) product development or management and/or improper marketing.

Technics left when it was at the top of it's game, and at a time when arranger markets were strong...that was very strange.

Small(er) companies lack R&D resources, or another segment of the company that can help keep overall profits in good shape, and in today's highly competitive market, that can be the difference between sinking or staying afloat.

Have a great Christmas, and, as they say here in Cape Breton..."If the women don't find you handsome, at least let them find you handy."

Ian

#301489 - 12/24/10 03:49 PM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
the arranger market as a whole might be shrinking (although i am not sure that is true at all ) but yamaha's target arranger market does not seem to be shrinking at all. if anything it is snatching up the previous buyers of technics and roland and gem owners . They are also stealing some straight workstation users as well.

Also the arranger market has much greater predictability and longevity than worktations because the market is resistant to change and hence each 'new product' is remarkably simlar to the last with a few tweaks and yet the arranger buyer is incrediibly loyal to their brand of arranger provider . If korg yamaha and ketron do things right they can almost gaurantee that the next 4 - 5 future upgrades will be bought by their current customer base .

Yamaha cannot say the same about the motif brand, neither roland of the fantom brand and korg of the M3.
This is because the arranger buyer typically has :
a. the money buy each successive upgrade when they appear.
b. dont want to learn a competitors operating system
c. dont purchase because of need but desire to have the latest greatest no matter how irrational the purchase is
D. Arnt interested in usinf computers to make music
E. never fully use their existing arranger so features can be recycled as new ' when they existed on either previous models or previous competitors models

I undestand and accept Ians point very well.

The fact that yamaha add new styles to their overall mix such as the 'Prince purple rain style ' , I believe i can fly 'and the over used Sledge hammer style before that for example demonstrate the point ian was making. Those are styles from my era . And in the future there will be styles from my daughters era and so on.

If anything, its the straight up hardware workstations that are at the most risk of diminishing sales as more younger musicians turn to controller keyboards and note books for live playing. Hard ware workstations instruments used to compete on sound quality and total compact production. However even the best hardware workstations cannot compete with a well integrated controler keyboard and computer with the best available software in terms of sound quality and compact production.

If i were to crystal ball gaze i would say that arrangers have a more sure 10 year future than workstations.

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 12-24-2010).]

#301490 - 12/25/10 01:37 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Ian,Spalding.
You have both made this issue Chrystal clear,presenting an even, factual resumes of where the arranger market is today and will likely be in the future.

In my view You have both identified the projected future of arranger manufacturer and users, also more than adequately answered to the original posters statement.Thanks for your considered input.

Gilbert.

#301491 - 12/25/10 02:31 AM Re: Is Yamaha taking down all other Arrangers One By One ....little by little.....
Irishacts Offline

Quote:
You have both made this issue Chrystal clear,presenting an even, factual resumes of where the arranger market is today and will likely be in the future

And with that said, lets all stick our heads in the sand and continue to pin hopes on what Yamaha will do in the future when they are not even catering for the music and functionality of today. Lets also forget those that have gone out of business for doing the very same thing and those currently in trouble.

And finally, lets all just hope everyone under the age of 40 going forward loves a good Polka and Cha Cha and the go against all modern music of today.

Page 6 of 14 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online