SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 27 of 34 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34 >
Topic Options
#296026 - 10/22/10 10:32 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
In all due respect..these type of units are selling AS WE SPEAK.

There is no experiment.

Korg/Ketron make a MOTL 76'er?

Ian

#296027 - 10/22/10 10:33 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Every new product a company brings out is a gamble. The NP80v is a gamble. Yet Yamaha made it, to test the waters. The Tyros1 was a gamble. The original PSR was a gamble. A gamble that paid off.

I have yet to find an explanation for, if Yamaha make 76's in thye DGX line, the YPG line, and the NP line, and apparently have no trouble making them (despite them selling less than their 88 or 61 brethren), why Yamaha think that, as soon as these players want a BETTER accompaniment section, they also want fewer keys...

Look, guys, I get it. As long as you keep saying to yourselves that EVERYTHING Yamaha ever does is right, and of course, no argument for a product they don't make is going to make any sense. The trouble with infallibility, though, is once it is GONE... it is GONE! It's kinda like virginity... You never get it back, no matter HOW virtuous you are from that point on!

So, tell me again about the PSR9000pro...

OK, having got that infallibility out of the way, what's the basis for proving that something that Yamaha don't make COULDN'T be a success?

Thought so.

#296028 - 10/22/10 10:37 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
How do you make that assumption from a thread about 76 keys.

I think Donny means the kerfuffle for a 76 MOTL/TOTL arranger from Yamaha, from Roland and Korg fanboys no less, is indicative of the popularity of the Yamaha sound/styles/features.

Ian

#296029 - 10/22/10 10:43 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Yes, they do Diki...the DGX is another division, the "piano based" arranger...they also make unweighted 88's, and so on...a very versatile company, is Yamaha, and very successful.

In the pure Arranger division...61 rules.

They haven't been able to make any angels dance on the head of a pin...perhaps you could show them?

Ian

By your reasoning, EVERY 76 arranger, my G70, the PA2Xpro, the Audya76, in fact, every single arranger with more than 61 keys is a 'piano based arranger'. Because the size of the keybed is the ONLY thing that distinguishes them from a 61. Other than, in Yamaha's case, cobbling on a VERY inferior arranger!

Maybe that's what makes Yamaha so successful... making arrangers that SUCK for everyone but 61 players!

#296030 - 10/22/10 10:48 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Every new product a company brings out is a gamble. The NP80v is a gamble. Yet Yamaha made it, to test the waters. I have yet to find an explanation for, if Yamaha make 76's in thye DGX line, the YPG line, and the NP line, and apparently have no trouble making them (despite them selling less than their 88 or 61 brethren), why Yamaha think that, as soon as these players want a BETTER accompaniment section, they also want fewer keys...

They are competing with Casio on this level...product to product...the instruments are created to correspond to the competition's product.

Same with DGX.

Roland and Korg (or Ketron) make no products in this segment, which is a highly lucrative market.

Certainly no company is infallible...but, some do learn, and profit, from their mistakes.

Ian

#296031 - 10/22/10 11:05 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
By your reasoning, EVERY 76 arranger, my G70, the PA2Xpro, the Audya76, in fact, every single arranger with more than 61 keys is a 'piano based arranger'. Maybe that's what makes Yamaha so successful... making arrangers that SUCK for everyone but 61 players!

By Yamaha's reasoning...not mine. They call the DGX/YPG/NP that to distinguish them from the PSR.

The 76-note piano based arrangers only suck for players like you, who expect a pro keyboard. They do perfectly well for their intended purpose, which is to compete with Casio's instruments in that price segment.

Ian

#296032 - 10/22/10 11:10 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

If you run away from a mistake, you haven't learned from it. Making a GOOD 76 would have been learning from it. Abandoning a market that Yamaha's vaunted 'market research' MUST have proved was there (otherwise, why make the 9000pro in the first place?) because your first effort failed (for no reason to do with the number of keys) isn't LEARNING.

It's QUITTING.

Maybe it's an old Japanese proverb? "If at first you don't succeed, QUIT!"

#296033 - 10/22/10 11:17 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
By Yamaha's reasoning...not mine. They call the DGX/YPG/NP that to distinguish them from the PSR.

The 76-note piano based arrangers only suck for players like you, who expect a pro keyboard. They do perfectly well for their intended purpose, which is to compete with Casio's instruments in that price segment.

Ian

Whoa, whoa, whooooaaaa......!

Aren't you the one telling us there are NO 'pro' arrangers? That they are ALL 'home keyboards'...? When losing an argument, ALWAYS contradict yourself...!

BTW, my parents called me Richard, to distinguish me from all the Ian's... Doesn't stop us from both being human (barely!). If three letters on a panel graphic is all it takes to disguise an arranger from you Ian, this doesn't speak well for your awareness. You SURE those meds aren't affecting you?

#296034 - 10/22/10 11:22 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Thank's for the info on the Clav...It may be in my cards. But, only if it has ALL the features of the arragner.
Lee S.

The CVP is a digital piano first, and the action is designed to give you the best possible piano feel.

The current CVP, offers a few different features than a Tyros...although their sound engine is basically the same.

Main difference...the Tyros gives you three layers in the right hand...the CVP has two.

It also has a bank of piano based styles, which are not on the Tyros, and a few new Freeplay styles as well.

Also, no pitch/mod wheels...these are controlled by pedals, to keep the hands free for piano playing.

It's a slightly different approach than the Tyros, but, it's been every bit as successful.

Ian

#296035 - 10/22/10 11:28 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Whoa, whoa, whooooaaaa......!

BTW, my parents called me Richard, to distinguish me from all the Ian's...

So if your father was named Richard...he'd be called, "Big Diki"...and you would be called..."Little Diki."

Either way, you're still a "Diki".

How nice.

Ian

Page 27 of 34 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online