SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294805 - 09/28/10 08:25 AM T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Hi,

I don't see any Indian drum kits or Indian styles in T4 .I can't understand why they ignore this requirement from such a huge user base? Recently Yamaha introduced Indian Tabla kits in S910/710 models also introduced new keyboard PSR I-425 especially for Indian music but not done anything on Tyros4 keyboard.

I see there is new feature to make our own drumkits.I don't how this feature is helpful for creating Indian kits and styles.

Sunny.

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 09-28-2010).]

#294806 - 09/28/10 08:46 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
Hi,

I don't see any Indian drum kits or Indian styles in T4 .I can't understand why they ignore this requirement from such a huge user base? Recently Yamaha introduced Indian Tabla kits in S910/710 models also introduced new keyboard PSR I-425 especially for Indian music but not done anything on Tyros4 keyboard.

I see there is new feature to make our own drumkits.I don't how this feature is helpful for creating Indian kits and styles.

Sunny.

Thats because indian music is not the target audience of Tyros.

But Yamaha can make a T4 supporting Indian music, drum sets, sounds, songs and styles by creating a premium pack for it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#294807 - 09/28/10 08:53 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

They have promised they will release new voice packs and styles,but so far no word about Indian voice packs.Here,is the reply i recieved from Yamaha:

Dear Sunny,

Thanks for your suggestion sent to us on 28 & 29 Jan.
Actually, we've realized that there are huge demand for localized instruments and styles including India. At the moment, we can not say which type of packs will be going. We would consider Indian voice and style one of voice pack planning.
Please keep your interest for Tyros3 and voice packs.

Best regards,

TyrosYamaha

#294808 - 09/28/10 09:06 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
Thats because indian music is not the target audience of Tyros.

But Yamaha can make a T4 supporting Indian music, drum sets, sounds, songs and styles by creating a premium pack for it.

If Indian music is not the target audience of Tyros.Why they give information about Tyros keyboards on their Yamaha India website?
http://www.yamahamusicindia.com/products/products_detail.aspx?ImageId=164

Sunny

#294809 - 09/28/10 09:31 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
HI Sunny,

Are you sure about this? I remember two weeks ago thumbing through the Voice list of the T4 and I noticed quite a few Asian instruments and at least one drum kit.

Now maybe I'm mistaken, but you should have a closer look; that is of course unless you've already played a T4 and have more knowledge than I.

Besides, with the new Flash Ram, you can add your own samples.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#294810 - 09/28/10 09:47 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Hi Al,
I've gone through the data list of Tyros4.There is no Indian(Tabla kit)available which is found only on S910/710 keyboards.There is only Arabic kit on Tyros4.However there is one new feature creating new drum kits on Tyros4.Is this new feature helpful to create Tabla kits?

Sunny

#294811 - 09/28/10 10:53 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

We really miss some melodious Indian voices such as real sitar,Tanpura,Morsing voices from Yamaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmuNiSlM08&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAzxaiX-5Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCAfdPShP4Y

I hope they will release Indian voice packs,styles soon.

Sunny.

#294812 - 09/28/10 11:05 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I guess your not the only group left out, any one requiring an additional octave above 61 keys.

Yamaha only targets who thay want to target and that's it.

#294813 - 09/28/10 01:10 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
We really miss some melodious Indian voices such as real sitar,Tanpura,Morsing voices from Yamaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmuNiSlM08&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAzxaiX-5Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCAfdPShP4Y

I hope they will release Indian voice packs,styles soon.

Sunny.

Has anyone forgotten that these arrangers are equipped to make your own sounds and styles....dig in a bit you'll be surprised at what they can do......make it your own.

#294814 - 09/28/10 01:57 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
OK, Sunny, you supply the ticket and, as soon as I am competent on the sitar I bought recently, I'll play those parts (LOL)!

Seriously, I did just buy a two gourd sitar from an Indian graduate student who is showing me some of the basics.

I'll NEVER become competent, but what a great instrument and musical culture!

Does ANYBODY make arrangers or workstations with the features you want? What about Ketron?

Russ

#294815 - 09/28/10 02:05 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
OK, Sunny, you supply the ticket and, as soon as I am competent on the sitar I bought recently, I'll play those parts (LOL)!

Seriously, I did just buy a two gourd sitar from an Indian graduate student who is showing me some of the basics.

I'll NEVER become competent, but what a great instrument and musical culture!

Does ANYBODY make arrangers or workstations with the features you want? What about Ketron?
Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t79aI-I6ucA

#294816 - 09/28/10 02:25 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If I recall correctly, the sitars (3 of them) are located in the GM&XG and GM2 folders of the voices. To get to them, select any instrument folder, press Up, go to the second page and you'll find the Ethnic folder(s). You can copy and paste them to the keyboard's User area, or save them to a registration where you can edit the voices, add layers, or put them into your favorite songs.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#294817 - 09/28/10 02:34 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
Sunny has already posted that the Indian sounds and kits he likes is in a PSR910...

So, if Yamaha consider the S910 worthy of the Indian sounds, why didn't they consider the T4 as worthy of inclusion? It seems a strange omission, as healthy as the Indian economy is, these days

Once again, the same arguments trotted out in defense of Yamaha, with the same ignoring of the basic facts. If the Indian market is worthy enough to be the S910's target market, why NOT the T4? This simply seems like another 'Oops! We did it again!' moment from Yamaha than anything carefully decided and deliberated after much study.

#294818 - 09/28/10 02:36 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sunny has already posted that the Indian sounds and kits he likes is in a PSR910...

So, if Yamaha consider the S910 worthy of the Indian sounds, why didn't they consider the T4 as worthy of inclusion? It seems a strange omission, as healthy as the Indian economy is, these days

Once again, the same arguments trotted out in defense of Yamaha, with the same ignoring of the basic facts. If the Indian market is worthy enough to be the S910's target market, why NOT the T4? This simply seems like another 'Oops! We did it again!' moment from Yamaha than anything carefully decided and deliberated after much study.

Has anyone forgotten that these arrangers are equipped to make your own sounds and styles....dig in a bit you'll be surprised at what they can do......make it your own.

#294819 - 09/28/10 02:39 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds

Diki,

Dig a little deeper and I think you'll find those same ethnic voices are on all models of Yamaha arranger keyboards--just in different locations. The Indian styles, however, at least to my somewhat limited knowledge, were only on the PSR series designated as Oriental. I'm not defending Yamaha--I'm just pointing out where those voices are located.

Be Nice,

Gary

#294820 - 09/28/10 02:43 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It's true. I have an s910 (and a T3), and the T4 does not include the Chinese, Indian, and quite a few other percussion kits that the the s910 has.

#294821 - 09/28/10 02:46 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Online   content

I'm being nice, Gary. Are you? Maybe you should CHECK YOUR FACTS before assuming I am wrong?

#294822 - 09/28/10 03:22 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
This is ridiculous. Asian music is so hot right now; especially Bollywood music. Both my Motif and my Roland Fantom G6 have very nice Asian patches and patterns.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#294823 - 09/28/10 03:36 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds

Diki,

CHECK MY POST--I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SITAR--NOT DRUM KITS. Wow. I can type in all caps too.

Cheers,

Gary

#294824 - 09/28/10 04:56 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Online   content

Well, the OP was talking about kits primarily. Didn't bring up sitar until much later (and specified REAL sitar, not the fake ones we get in most arrangers) and tangentially. Primarily, he wants the kits from the S910, which mysteriously didn't make it to the T4...

Sorry for the confusion, but at least I'm trying to talk about the main thrust of his post, rather than finding ONE exception to it (perhaps).

BTW, my first post on this thread was NOT in reference to you, primarily. Bachus was the one with the tired 'Indian market is not target market for Tyros' defense. Strange to think that S910 IS marketed at India when T4 is NOT...

#294825 - 09/28/10 05:38 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Sunny...I've got two words for you...
Korg PA2XPRO

Or PA800 if you want 61 keys.
OR wait a little for the new Korgs to pop.

Lee S.

#294826 - 09/28/10 10:01 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Gary,

The sitar voices in Yamaha arranger keyboards are fake ones not real sitar voices.offcourse they sound good but the instrument nuances are not produced.I cannot see any Tanpura and Morsing voices on Tyros3/4.

To cover up the deficiencies of Tyros4,Yamaha can release Voice packs such as SA2 Sitar,Tanpura etc and other Indian Tabla styles.
I hope they will do so.

Sunny.

#294827 - 09/28/10 10:38 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Sunny maybe Tyros 5 will have what your looking for as is the 76'keyers too....don't worry it wont be long at tha rate Yamaha is putting out TOTL Arrangers..probably early 2012...but then again maybe not .....

#294828 - 09/28/10 11:23 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i am sorry sunny that the T4 doesnt have the same instruments you liked in the Lower model. Is there any other top of the range arranger that has them ? why not write to yamaha directly. They may respond to your query and give you a straight yes or no answer if they will be providing premium packs for the instruments you want. At least then you would know one way or the other. If enough people did this then maybe yamaha might see that there is an opportunity here.

#294829 - 09/28/10 11:43 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i am sorry sunny that the T4 doesnt have the same instruments you liked in the Lower model. Is there any other top of the range arranger that has them ? why not write to yamaha directly. They may respond to your query and give you a straight yes or no answer if they will be providing premium packs for the instruments you want. At least then you would know one way or the other. If enough people did this then maybe yamaha might see that there is an opportunity here.

I've already sent my request to Yamaha.Please see the reply on the top.I've expected Indian content in Tyros4.Due to non availability of Indian styles,Voice packs from Yamaha,Professional musicians from India are not showing interest to purchase Tyros keyboards.
The best option for us is to look for the future Indian premium content.

Sunny

#294830 - 10/23/10 07:53 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

There is a user base of over 2.5 billion people worldwide who would be interested in songs, styles and sounds of Indian classical music.Many people of south asian origin have deep pockets and would be willing to spend serious money if Yamaha made a genuinely good attempt at creating professional Indian voices and styles.
They did offer an arranger (PSR I-425) targeted for Indian users. However that keyboard sounds,styles are for beginners. This keyboard has some 10 Indian instruments, 12 Indian styles and 12 Indian voices -but won't satisfy professional musicians. http://music.yamaha.com/products/main.html?product=PSR-I425

The only option for Indians to look for the Indian premium voices such as (SA2 Sitar,Tanpura etc) and Indian Tabla Drum kit who wish to buy Tyros4.

But is Yamaha listening?

#294831 - 10/23/10 08:00 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Dont worry yamaha has done their worldwide research....and apparently it dictates to produce the Tyros line "as is" a non 76 key model also.......maybe Indian arranger players are not as needed as you might think.....what instruments are Indian musicians using at the moment to make music?
Seems to be working up till this point...
Yamaha cant do everything there are other choices on the market Korg seems to be the popular Indian choice in arrangers.

All you can hope for at this point is an Indian sound & style library you can load into T4?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-23-2010).]

#294832 - 10/24/10 04:50 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Online   content

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yamaha can do no wrong...

We get it, Donny. We just haven't drunk the Kool-Aid yet

#294833 - 10/24/10 05:01 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yamaha can do no wrong...

We get it, Donny. We just haven't drunk the Kool-Aid yet

Diki why bother, just enjoy your
two 76 key G70's....they obviously do what YOU need....whatever that is.

#294834 - 10/26/10 06:27 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
kkmusic2001 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I hear you. But in my experience (btw. I perform lots of Bollywood), first I found that Bollywood music is not that much different than Western. The do seem to use so much of the same style arrangements. I do agree that Yamaha arrangers lack in Indian kits, but with lil careful programming of your styles (& existing styles they provide) you can get a very similar feel for 95% of Bollywood songs out there. As for Indian classical I do not think any board (including workstations) can do any justice to authenticity. I think you would need a live tabla/dholak for that. Which is what I do for such songs.

My config is PSR-3K where I play styles from (pre-programmed or custom made) + Roland XP-60 (World card) for the extra edge for the authenticity feel. I also have a live tabla/dholak player to add the extra layer & a drummer/Dhol player.

Works well. PSR Drum sounds are a lilttle thin for my taste and the live drums add the extra umph I need. But cant beat the ease of use of a PSR.

I have done shows without the live drummer too when budget has been an issue and you would need some extra tuning on your PA to componsate.

my 2 cents on this

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online