Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#294825 - 09/28/10 05:38 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Sunny...I've got two words for you...
Korg PA2XPRO

Or PA800 if you want 61 keys.
OR wait a little for the new Korgs to pop.

Lee S.

#294826 - 09/28/10 10:01 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Gary,

The sitar voices in Yamaha arranger keyboards are fake ones not real sitar voices.offcourse they sound good but the instrument nuances are not produced.I cannot see any Tanpura and Morsing voices on Tyros3/4.

To cover up the deficiencies of Tyros4,Yamaha can release Voice packs such as SA2 Sitar,Tanpura etc and other Indian Tabla styles.
I hope they will do so.

Sunny.

[This message has been edited by sunny152 (edited 09-28-2010).]

#294827 - 09/28/10 10:38 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Sunny maybe Tyros 5 will have what your looking for as is the 76'keyers too....don't worry it wont be long at tha rate Yamaha is putting out TOTL Arrangers..probably early 2012...but then again maybe not .....

#294828 - 09/28/10 11:23 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i am sorry sunny that the T4 doesnt have the same instruments you liked in the Lower model. Is there any other top of the range arranger that has them ? why not write to yamaha directly. They may respond to your query and give you a straight yes or no answer if they will be providing premium packs for the instruments you want. At least then you would know one way or the other. If enough people did this then maybe yamaha might see that there is an opportunity here.

#294829 - 09/28/10 11:43 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
i am sorry sunny that the T4 doesnt have the same instruments you liked in the Lower model. Is there any other top of the range arranger that has them ? why not write to yamaha directly. They may respond to your query and give you a straight yes or no answer if they will be providing premium packs for the instruments you want. At least then you would know one way or the other. If enough people did this then maybe yamaha might see that there is an opportunity here.

I've already sent my request to Yamaha.Please see the reply on the top.I've expected Indian content in Tyros4.Due to non availability of Indian styles,Voice packs from Yamaha,Professional musicians from India are not showing interest to purchase Tyros keyboards.
The best option for us is to look for the future Indian premium content.

Sunny

#294830 - 10/23/10 07:53 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
sunny152 Offline

There is a user base of over 2.5 billion people worldwide who would be interested in songs, styles and sounds of Indian classical music.Many people of south asian origin have deep pockets and would be willing to spend serious money if Yamaha made a genuinely good attempt at creating professional Indian voices and styles.
They did offer an arranger (PSR I-425) targeted for Indian users. However that keyboard sounds,styles are for beginners. This keyboard has some 10 Indian instruments, 12 Indian styles and 12 Indian voices -but won't satisfy professional musicians. http://music.yamaha.com/products/main.html?product=PSR-I425

The only option for Indians to look for the Indian premium voices such as (SA2 Sitar,Tanpura etc) and Indian Tabla Drum kit who wish to buy Tyros4.

But is Yamaha listening?

#294831 - 10/23/10 08:00 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Dont worry yamaha has done their worldwide research....and apparently it dictates to produce the Tyros line "as is" a non 76 key model also.......maybe Indian arranger players are not as needed as you might think.....what instruments are Indian musicians using at the moment to make music?
Seems to be working up till this point...
Yamaha cant do everything there are other choices on the market Korg seems to be the popular Indian choice in arrangers.

All you can hope for at this point is an Indian sound & style library you can load into T4?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-23-2010).]

#294832 - 10/24/10 04:50 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yamaha can do no wrong...

We get it, Donny. We just haven't drunk the Kool-Aid yet

#294833 - 10/24/10 05:01 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yeah, yeah, yeah... Yamaha can do no wrong...

We get it, Donny. We just haven't drunk the Kool-Aid yet

Diki why bother, just enjoy your
two 76 key G70's....they obviously do what YOU need....whatever that is.

#294834 - 10/26/10 06:27 AM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
kkmusic2001 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I hear you. But in my experience (btw. I perform lots of Bollywood), first I found that Bollywood music is not that much different than Western. The do seem to use so much of the same style arrangements. I do agree that Yamaha arrangers lack in Indian kits, but with lil careful programming of your styles (& existing styles they provide) you can get a very similar feel for 95% of Bollywood songs out there. As for Indian classical I do not think any board (including workstations) can do any justice to authenticity. I think you would need a live tabla/dholak for that. Which is what I do for such songs.

My config is PSR-3K where I play styles from (pre-programmed or custom made) + Roland XP-60 (World card) for the extra edge for the authenticity feel. I also have a live tabla/dholak player to add the extra layer & a drummer/Dhol player.

Works well. PSR Drum sounds are a lilttle thin for my taste and the live drums add the extra umph I need. But cant beat the ease of use of a PSR.

I have done shows without the live drummer too when budget has been an issue and you would need some extra tuning on your PA to componsate.

my 2 cents on this

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online