SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#294815 - 09/28/10 02:05 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
OK, Sunny, you supply the ticket and, as soon as I am competent on the sitar I bought recently, I'll play those parts (LOL)!

Seriously, I did just buy a two gourd sitar from an Indian graduate student who is showing me some of the basics.

I'll NEVER become competent, but what a great instrument and musical culture!

Does ANYBODY make arrangers or workstations with the features you want? What about Ketron?
Russ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t79aI-I6ucA

#294816 - 09/28/10 02:25 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If I recall correctly, the sitars (3 of them) are located in the GM&XG and GM2 folders of the voices. To get to them, select any instrument folder, press Up, go to the second page and you'll find the Ethnic folder(s). You can copy and paste them to the keyboard's User area, or save them to a registration where you can edit the voices, add layers, or put them into your favorite songs.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#294817 - 09/28/10 02:34 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sunny has already posted that the Indian sounds and kits he likes is in a PSR910...

So, if Yamaha consider the S910 worthy of the Indian sounds, why didn't they consider the T4 as worthy of inclusion? It seems a strange omission, as healthy as the Indian economy is, these days

Once again, the same arguments trotted out in defense of Yamaha, with the same ignoring of the basic facts. If the Indian market is worthy enough to be the S910's target market, why NOT the T4? This simply seems like another 'Oops! We did it again!' moment from Yamaha than anything carefully decided and deliberated after much study.

#294818 - 09/28/10 02:36 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Sunny has already posted that the Indian sounds and kits he likes is in a PSR910...

So, if Yamaha consider the S910 worthy of the Indian sounds, why didn't they consider the T4 as worthy of inclusion? It seems a strange omission, as healthy as the Indian economy is, these days

Once again, the same arguments trotted out in defense of Yamaha, with the same ignoring of the basic facts. If the Indian market is worthy enough to be the S910's target market, why NOT the T4? This simply seems like another 'Oops! We did it again!' moment from Yamaha than anything carefully decided and deliberated after much study.

Has anyone forgotten that these arrangers are equipped to make your own sounds and styles....dig in a bit you'll be surprised at what they can do......make it your own.

#294819 - 09/28/10 02:39 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
travlin'easy Offline

Diki,

Dig a little deeper and I think you'll find those same ethnic voices are on all models of Yamaha arranger keyboards--just in different locations. The Indian styles, however, at least to my somewhat limited knowledge, were only on the PSR series designated as Oriental. I'm not defending Yamaha--I'm just pointing out where those voices are located.

Be Nice,

Gary

#294820 - 09/28/10 02:43 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It's true. I have an s910 (and a T3), and the T4 does not include the Chinese, Indian, and quite a few other percussion kits that the the s910 has.

#294821 - 09/28/10 02:46 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Offline

I'm being nice, Gary. Are you? Maybe you should CHECK YOUR FACTS before assuming I am wrong?

#294822 - 09/28/10 03:22 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
This is ridiculous. Asian music is so hot right now; especially Bollywood music. Both my Motif and my Roland Fantom G6 have very nice Asian patches and patterns.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#294823 - 09/28/10 03:36 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
travlin'easy Offline

Diki,

CHECK MY POST--I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE SITAR--NOT DRUM KITS. Wow. I can type in all caps too.

Cheers,

Gary

#294824 - 09/28/10 04:56 PM Re: T4 disappointment - No Indian sounds
Diki Offline

Well, the OP was talking about kits primarily. Didn't bring up sitar until much later (and specified REAL sitar, not the fake ones we get in most arrangers) and tangentially. Primarily, he wants the kits from the S910, which mysteriously didn't make it to the T4...

Sorry for the confusion, but at least I'm trying to talk about the main thrust of his post, rather than finding ONE exception to it (perhaps).

BTW, my first post on this thread was NOT in reference to you, primarily. Bachus was the one with the tired 'Indian market is not target market for Tyros' defense. Strange to think that S910 IS marketed at India when T4 is NOT...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online