Topic Options
#285579 - 04/15/10 12:33 AM Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Tastenpoint is an Austrian dealer that also sells Roland, Ketron and Orla
http://www.youtube.com/TASTENPOINTat

Enjoy

Bill

#285580 - 04/15/10 01:57 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

http://www.youtube.com/TASTENPOINTat#p/u

watch more, he used qranger with audio styles.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-15-2010).]

#285581 - 04/15/10 07:37 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Great stuff

And it looks so easy...

If you speak german this is an awesome tutorial too...

[This message has been edited by Bachus (edited 04-15-2010).]

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285582 - 04/15/10 12:05 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Bad sound quality recording.

Impuls

#285583 - 04/15/10 10:40 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
looks so easy ? Look at the arranger demo . Demo 4. Look at the way the demonstrator is changing the sounds in the right hand. He has to move the sliders up and down to fade out one sound and fade in another. that has to be the most unnatural way of changing sounds i have ever seen which is exactly why in the demos it would appear that the right hand sounds are imbalanced . This is because in a split second it is impossible to to change sounds like this accurately. Does the demonstrator not know about one touch settings ? It doesnt sound all that great either . To be honest they really should have simply left the arranger function alone like Dom had said he would. This demo will do untold damage to the Liontracs pro synth image(the little that it had).

AS for the technical ease to do what the MS was designed to do. i think folks should look at the Liontracs thread that James started and see where the experiment is leading him . He said he would honestly report everything he found, warts and all. I guess he was true to his word.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum44/HTML/000016.html

[This message has been edited by spalding1968 (edited 04-15-2010).]

#285584 - 04/16/10 01:08 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
abacus Offline

Hi Spalding
Moving sliders to fade in sounds is a common European way of doing things, (Look at European player videos and you will see extensive use of volumes) and is used in combination with switching and total pre-sets.
Another point to note is that most European players alter the volumes while playing without changing sounds (This is why most European designed instruments have real time sliders/drawbars for almost everything) so as to alter sections, as occurs in a real band.
Sound: Well compare that demo and Irishacts demo and you would not think they are the same instrument, as Europeans like a nice bright (Plenty of reverb) type of sound.
In this instance though the recording quality, or most likely the transfer to YouTube is not at its best.

The above is the reason I specified in my post, that it was from a European dealer, so that listeners would be prepared for the sound settings used and the way the instruments are played.

Bill

#285585 - 04/16/10 01:21 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Altering the sliders to change volumes is the only natural way to do this on the fly hence why sliders are used on most mixing consoles but using the sliders to change sounds is plain stupid. You can see in the youtube clip that the guy at times has to take both hands off the keyboard at the same time to alter settings on the fly !!! And numerous times he has had to go back and adjust the settings in mid flow because he did not grab the correct slider first time or did not slide it far enough or too far to eliminate one sound so that it did not double up with the new right hand sound. If that is intentional then thats why a true arranger in terms of live performance cant be beaten because ergomically it is configured specifically for live play.

#285586 - 04/16/10 01:58 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
abacus Offline

Hi Spalding
It works both ways, using sliders to change sounds may be stupid to you, but to most European players its quite natural, and if you talk to them, you will find they have difficulty understanding why the UK/US players are so transfixed on OTS, as to them using the same performances for each gig/Song seems pointless.
The thing you have to understand, is that everyone is different (Something Diki also has problems comprehending) and just because they like or do something different to you, does not make them stupid. (Unless you believe freedom to allow people to express themselves and do what they want, (Within the law) should be curtailed of course)
Regards

Bill

#285587 - 04/16/10 02:14 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
On COMBI mode, on the main Patch Gui, you are able to changes in realtime the 8 layered sounds, BUT also are available the 8 Mute/Unmute keys sounds.
For me was more EASY to use the 8 switch keys instead of the 8 sliders, but everyone is FREE to use the system how they like.

#285588 - 04/16/10 11:22 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Why this fuzz about the sliders...

Herman also tells that you can also change sounds by using the buttons under the sliders..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online