SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 14 of 27 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27 >
Topic Options
#285709 - 04/26/10 05:11 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
to the genesys Offline

One thing a lot of persons are forgetting about the MS is that whether a style sounds better is very subjective.

James could and probably will post examples of good converted styles on the MS but the detractors will still find that it is not to their liking.
And rightfully so. That’s why some have Yamahas, Roland Ketrons and Korgs.

After all, isn’t that a lot of the discussions hear on SZ?
Some people think Ketron styles are better than Yamaha. Some think Roland styles are better than Korg.

So why does any one think that one demo of the MS showing off a converted style would be pleasing to a Roland, Yamaha or Ketron lover?

The real advantage of the MS is that it allows the user to get a number of styles ready for that particular person’s gig types.

It is not as some people would like to think about substituting sounds. It is about customizing a style to your playing ability and having your own individuality.

You like to use a certain VST in your recordings? Well with the MS you can take that VST on your gigs and include it in a style and keep your signature sound.

If a real serious gigging is not taking time to modify and tweak styles to his playing ability and to his individuality, then that person is probably not as serious and probably not realizing his full potential.
Even the home players of the PSR 910 do the work and tweak their styles.

#285710 - 04/26/10 05:14 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I think the "playing" sounds, via VST's can be possibly better, but not styles.

If you think that possibly the "playing" sounds can be better than you've either not heard a good VST or you need to get your hearing checked or you need to buy a better monitoring system. Play back any East West Symphonic sound on the Mediastation and then try and find one closed arranger or workstation that has a sound even close. It simply isn't going to happen.

#285711 - 04/26/10 05:16 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I agree Genesys, and that is EXACTLY how I will be setting up mine. With just a handful of styles I need to do a few particular tunes.

On top of the solo piano tunes, and those that I use backing tracks for.

But what I going to attempt to do, as James has done already, is simply show what is possible on the MS, not try to take it places it cannot go

I think it then give people a far better view of the OVERALL capability of the keyboard.

Dennis

#285712 - 04/26/10 05:27 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
If you think that possibly the "playing" sounds can be better than you've either not heard a good VST or you need to get your hearing checked or you need to buy a better monitoring system. Play back any East West Symphonic sound on the Mediastation and then try and find one closed arranger or workstation that has a sound even close. It simply isn't going to happen.

With all due respect Ensnareyou, you really do NOT know what I have what VST's (several) I own or what keyboards I own or have played.

Try "reading between the lines" instead of just making an assumption, that is wrong by th way.

The post is meant to be diplomatic.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 04-26-2010).]

#285713 - 04/26/10 06:21 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
AFG Music Offline

a friend of mine has Bandstand. I asked if he can convert a style of his Roland Va-7 to midi and play with bandstand and record as wave audio file.he send 2 wave files the result here:
http://www.easy-share.com/1910048197/Beguine.wav

http://www.easy-share.com/1910048077/FunkyPop.wav

He used only Minor chord and has not changed any settings.

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 04-26-2010).]

#285714 - 04/26/10 06:57 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I still haven't got an answer to my point I had in the other thread.

Why don't LIONSTRACS create their own styles instead of using (stealing) other brands styles. Never and I mean never will these styles sound as good as on a Yamaha or Korg. But if LIONSTRACS create their own styles and optimised them to their system and it sound as good as a Korg or Yamaha then maby I also am interested in a Mediastation.

#285715 - 04/26/10 09:32 PM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
I still haven't got an answer to my point I had in the other thread.

Why don't LIONSTRACS create their own styles instead of using (stealing) other brands styles. Never and I mean never will these styles sound as good as on a Yamaha or Korg. But if LIONSTRACS create their own styles and optimised them to their system and it sound as good as a Korg or Yamaha then maby I also am interested in a Mediastation.

If the Instruments/sounds are of a better quallity then yamaha or Korg (and they are) the right person can tweak any general type of style to sound better on Mediastation.

Tough the many song styles, specially created for a certain song, will be more difficult.

Its not stealing tough. Its like selling an MP3 player with no MP3's on it, that also plays wav and different formats. You just need to buy the content. You still need to pay for the content. There are many style packs available for other arrangers that you can buy and use on mediastation.

And soon there will be 3rd party styles espescially for the MEdiastation. So its just a different concept. A concept that lets you pay for the styles you want, instead of paying for 300 styles of which you will only ever use 200... so basically you payed for 100 styles you never used.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#285716 - 04/27/10 05:25 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Fran.

Quote:
James, I have converted the Bandstand library to Giga3 with Extreme...I had a problem recognizing the "New Presets" division of Bandstand...It shows unknown Kontact file...error 3.....Were you successful converting this division?

I've converted all 128 nki files from the Default folder into Giga files.

The ones I haven't touched are ones in the Preset folder as they are not single sounds. They are COMBI sounds.

If you want to convert them, load up Bandstand inside Extreme Sample Converter, then load the COMBI Preset and using the Sample VSTi extract the sounds that way.

Personally I won't be doing that as they don't have anything to do with GM compatibility.

Quote:
If so , would make the conversion available to me?

Sure if I have something you don't.

Quote:
how is the new GM map you were working on ...coming along?

Still just going through my library of sounds picking out the best of the best in order to build up a list of sound I'm going to replace.

I haven't devoted much time to all this at all yet.

Regards
James

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 04-27-2010).]

#285717 - 04/27/10 07:14 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:
If the Instruments/sounds are of a better quallity then yamaha or Korg (and they are) the right person can tweak any general type of style to sound better on Mediastation.

Tough the many song styles, specially created for a certain song, will be more difficult.

Its not stealing tough. Its like selling an MP3 player with no MP3's on it, that also plays wav and different formats. You just need to buy the content. You still need to pay for the content. There are many style packs available for other arrangers that you can buy and use on mediastation.

And soon there will be 3rd party styles espescially for the MEdiastation. So its just a different concept. A concept that lets you pay for the styles you want, instead of paying for 300 styles of which you will only ever use 200... so basically you payed for 100 styles you never used.

Again unless they are very simple styles or styles from 20 years ago the Mediastation can't sound as good as the original arranger. What about Yamaha's megavoices and Korg's RX technology they use in their styles. Don't get me wrong. As a VST player the mediastation is the best thing on earth. A very professional machine. But we are talking about arrangers on this forum. And IMHO it doesn't come even close to that. James had even bought the SD2 to let the Ketron styles sounds good.

#285718 - 04/27/10 07:40 AM Re: Lionstracs Demos now on Tastenpoint YouTube site
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
What about Yamaha's megavoices and Korg's RX technology they use in their styles.

VST tecnollogy is vastly superior, anything that can be done with megavoices can be done with VST's or gigasamples... but it would require some programming to get the layers correct... after all, megavoices are nothing more then souns with different stuff at the certain vellocity levels.

When Mediastation comes mainstream there will be users that recreate megavoices and share them...

Openlabs has a great software tool named Mimik to do just that : http://www.youtube.com/OpenLabsInc#p/c/C2121912BED1E826/25/K4DSE60knuU

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 14 of 27 < 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 26 27 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online