SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28 >
Topic Options
#284745 - 04/06/10 01:34 PM Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

Well I think I am going to open a can of worms maybe, so be it. But honestly... Really, what is all the fuss about with the Audya?? That's all I seem to read about.

I know that demo's shouldn't be the ultimate judge but it's the only way I am able to hear the Audya, and as much as I do think it's a lovely and impressive keyboard, it's really nothing special and owning either the Korg or Yamaha is JUST as rewarding...

#284746 - 04/06/10 01:35 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

did you come along to any of the demos last week?

[This message has been edited by Tonewheeldude (edited 04-06-2010).]

#284747 - 04/06/10 01:41 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

I'd love to have done! I bet I would have been wowed! Just like I've been wowed by other keyboards too..

#284748 - 04/06/10 01:47 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

So then, you cannot possibly know wether it has anything special to offer or not.

I don't believe any ammount of posting in yet another Audya thread will make the slightest bit of difference to you. If you really wanted to know the answer you would have gone to see the Audya or at least took note of comments from people like Jim. (nightlife)

#284749 - 04/06/10 01:49 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I'm sorry, but if you can't hear how much better the drums and guitars are than MIDI arrangers, you are likely to think that there really isn't that much in it.

For many people playing live, having the rhythm section have same impact as real drums is the ultimate goal. Ketron's live loop drums can't GET any 'real-er'

At home, or in a low level background situation, this might not be what you are looking for. But want to make an impact, AFAIK, there's nothing that comes even close, all around.

Not that this ALONE is enough to make it the 'best' at everything, but if a great 'live' sound is what you are after, there isn't much competition. If this were priced $1500 lower, I think the vast majority of arranger players would be buying one. Sadly, it's out of reach to most. But I'd buy one in a flash if it were down close to the price point (new) of my G70...

There's a LOT of stuff in the Audya that hasn't yet got much of a demo workout. REAL arpeggiators, for the techno crowd. Key-triggered loops for the hiphop and rap crowds. Looks like Ketron are at least CONSIDERING some kind of 'Chord Sequencer' for the two handed amongst us When the software to incorporate your own audio loops gets added, the possibilities multiply radically.

You want the 'same old, same old', best to stick to the 'same old, same old'. Ketron have added several VERY musical functions not seen on a hardware arranger yet, and beefed up some of the things that others only have a LITTLE (four break/fills, for instance, instead of the paltry one), and many of its' best features lie hidden in the fine print of the specs.

But that 'live' sound ought to be hitting you between the eyes. If you can't hear THAT, it's no wonder it fails to impress...

#284750 - 04/06/10 01:53 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
leezone Offline

Danny,

just my thoughts...

if you must ask, and if you're not impressed , the AUDYA is not for you

everyone has different needs and tastes,

if you want your arranger to sound "like a band" and kick some @ss through your PA, then AUDYA rocks.

i talk from experience, as i use both the G-70 and XD-3 (old Ketron), my audience responds more to Ketron sound,
"responds more" as in more people on dance floor,
this is playing same song, same style,

so everyone uses arranger differently,

i play social parties, weddings, 200+ on weekends and can't wait to get my AUDYA4 and retire my XD3

Danny, if you can find an AUDYA near you, try it out :-)

#284751 - 04/06/10 02:14 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
DannyUK Offline

I really appreciate the feedback and yes I think ultimately I "should" be hearing the Audya in a Live situation. Maybe I wasn't being fair with my initial post, that's only because of my lack of experience with the Audya. I hear amazing quality music being expressed all the arrangers that I think maybe it's certainly particulars that can seperate them from each other, with the Audya it's no doubt the drums, but the style arrangements themselves I'm not so sure.

I can definately hear the difference in the drums to other boards, they are brilliant.

I've been here before. The Audya is reminiscent to the days when the X1 was launched and projected to the point where I it converted me to purchase one. The X1 was brilliant, everything I wanted...almost. I just found that it the styles were heavily centered on Latin & Ballo Liscio, it was superb for that.

The main reason why I started this thread is because I want to get a second keyboard in the future and I want it to be an Audya, but I need it to be a great all rounder rather than something that's exceptional in just one or two area's. This is why I really like the T3, it's a fantastic all rounder.

#284752 - 04/06/10 02:34 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The Audya has excellent bass and drums...very "live" sounding...then again, if you want great "live" sounding bass and drums AND other parts as well, in a style, you'd be best off getting a second hand G-70/E-80...you'd save a bundle, and have a far more "finished" instrument.

In my opinion, the Audya is limited in "overall" excellence, especially for the high asking price...to my ears, it shines in only two areas...bass and drums...the guitar parts in the style aren't that impressive, but I'm used to mega voices, so perhaps they do strike a chord (pardon the pun) with some who aren't.

In my opinion, it's a lot of money for bass and drums.

There doesn't appear to be much third party style support either.

Ian

#284753 - 04/06/10 02:42 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
Tonewheeldude Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
the guitar parts in the style aren't that impressive

are you serious?

you need to answer the same question as Danny. When have you played the audya?

I like to turn down the drums and bass and just play with the live guitars, they are incredible and its like sitting next to a skilled guitarist.

#284754 - 04/06/10 03:01 PM Re: Audya?? What is all the fuss about..?
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yeah it's very expensive but I don't think there is anything like it. My Tyros 2 sounds like plastic after playing an Audya. Darn it Don- why did you let me play yours!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 27 28 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online