SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#280064 - 01/26/10 07:45 AM Just bought a Tyros 3
DannyUK Offline

Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've posted here and I hope to start rekindling my love all things keyboads so much so that I've purchased a Tyros 3 which is hopefully going to be delivered on Saturday.

It was a tough choice between the Audya and Tyros 3 but after going through every thread I could find and also listening to every demo of them both I think the Yammy will suite me better, I hope I've made the right choice!!!

Ironic to think that I started on a Yammy as a kid and stayed with each model up until the PSR8000 in which I choice to deviate from the norm and try other brands, starting with GEM, then Ketron and finally Korg so it's a lovely feeling going back to a Yammy

I still really enjoy my PA1X though so it's going to be hard to let go of that one - if at all.

I've learn't my lesson with keyboards now, it's not always about how great the styles sound, it's really about how well they have been arranged so you can play along with them, sometimes a little is a lot and I think that's one of the things I started to dislike about the PA1x as some of the styles are just too busy. I've always remembered Yammy's having great styles to play along with because they were never that complex, I think that's the best approach.

A question to those that own a Tyros3, what do you think is your most favourite part about the keyboard?

Thanks for reading
Take Care
Danny.

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 01-26-2010).]

#280065 - 01/26/10 08:58 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hi Danny- Congrats on the T3. I'm sure you will enjoy it. It sounds like you have a lot of experiance with other keyboards so I'm sure you made the best choise for your personal needs. Keep us posted on your thoughts on your new keyboard.

Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#280066 - 01/26/10 09:00 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi Danny, congratulations for your purchase!

Tell us Danny, did you tried the Audya along with Tyros3? What do you think about the Audya for chosing the Tyros?

I have a dilemma as a Tyros2 owner, I purchased a Korg PA2X returning it in less than a week... Simple put, I donīt like the Korg sound (to me, since the Trinity, the Korg isnīt improved, this is for ME)
I played for days the Tyros3, but donīt seems as a big improvement over my keyboard. And the piano sound is still too weak, again, for ME.
Yes, yes, anybody could say: Why not purchase an Audya? Money, simple as that...

Thanks!
Jo

#280067 - 01/26/10 09:29 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Congratulations Danny,
The Tyros 3 is a real winner, regarding individual sounds (voices), and the styles are great. I really enjoy mine.Have it for 1 month now. I used to have the Psr-S900, but the Tyros 3, with the extras, Premium voices (Trombone, PanFlute, Choir&vocals) is a complete different killer. From time to time, it's wise to pay a visit to this link,http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/index.php?board=90.0
Now that you have the Tyros 3. Also, feel free to take a look at some of my youtube clips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNLwyZftWUk

------------------

#280068 - 01/26/10 09:36 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
DannyUK Offline

Thanks for responding

Jose, I've tried the Tyros 3 but not had a chance to try Audya as there is nobody local to me where I can find it to try it. I had this issue when I purchased the Solton X1, I was going to go for the PSR9000pro at the time (as I was a little dissapointed with my GEM WK8) but the PSR9000pro didn't sound amazingly different to the PSR8000 and the X1's demo's blew me away, especially the percussions and some of the acoustic sounds were authentic compared to anything at the time, I think many would agree here too, however, I had to go through many X1's before I finally found one that worked, I think I went through 4 of them, in the end I think the stockists had to "create" a fully working one by taking apart all the faulty ones which really put me off Ketron, I was hoping it was an isolated case but unfortunately I read most people had a bad experience with the X1, eg, failing HD, speaker only working on once side, dispay was flickering and so on.

When I first heard the Audya, I was very impressed but then I was instantly taken back to the memories of the X1, I know they are different keyboards but that's the resons why I don't own a GEM or Ketron because each time I've had one they've broken down, the WK8 just completed died on me and required the entire motherboard to be replaced which would cost a fortune, in the end I had to part exchange it towards a PA80.

Hearing the Tyros 3, I think it has the potential the sound as good as the Audya and hearing it live sounded incredible however I didn't make the choice then, I wanted to be absolutely sure. Also, I am a bit rusty since I've not played properly for a long time and I think the support Yammys have is amazing.

So yes, experience is a good thing to have and I've spent so much money on these beauties, each offering something lovely but also some annoyances but if I had to be fair, the best "fun" I've had with keyboards has been with the Yammys and my PSR8000 never broke down once, the same can be said for my PA1X, I bought that from the day of it's release and I still have it in perfect condition and it's never crashed on me so that's important too.

It would be great to hear a mini review by someone who's got both and have good experience of both. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Oh and I agree with you about Korg, the first Korg I owned was a PA60 (which I gave to my dad when upgrading to a PA80) and to be honest you can certainly tell that the PA60 and PA1x are related! Any of the PA's that are available now don't sound any different to my PA1x, not a bad thing, just I think they've kind of hit a brick wall, something Yamaha did with the PSR series. No doubt Korg will throw something incredible soon enough!

Take Care
Danny

#280069 - 01/26/10 09:54 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
DannyUK Offline

Hi Telmo,

Thank you for posting your demo, I was mesmerised by it, thank you I am really looking foward to getting my hands on this as you can imagine.

Thanks for sharing those links
Danny.

#280070 - 01/26/10 10:28 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:
Hi Guys,

Been a while since I've posted here and I hope to start rekindling my love all things keyboads so much so that I've purchased a Tyros 3 which is hopefully going to be delivered on Saturday.

It was a tough choice between the Audya and Tyros 3 but after going through every thread I could find and also listening to every demo of them both I think the Yammy will suite me better, I hope I've made the right choice!!!

Ironic to think that I started on a Yammy as a kid and stayed with each model up until the PSR8000 in which I choice to deviate from the norm and try other brands, starting with GEM, then Ketron and finally Korg so it's a lovely feeling going back to a Yammy

I still really enjoy my PA1X though so it's going to be hard to let go of that one - if at all.

I've learn't my lesson with keyboards now, it's not always about how great the styles sound, it's really about how well they have been arranged so you can play along with them, sometimes a little is a lot and I think that's one of the things I started to dislike about the PA1x as some of the styles are just too busy. I've always remembered Yammy's having great styles to play along with because they were never that complex, I think that's the best approach.

A question to those that own a Tyros3, what do you think is your most favourite part about the keyboard?

Thanks for reading
Take Care
Danny.

Danny,

How come the dealer doesn't have a T3 in stock - thats amazing with the state of business. Where re you buying it from in the UK.

Cheers

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 01-26-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#280071 - 01/26/10 10:29 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Thanks for responding

Jose, I've tried the Tyros 3 but not had a chance to try Audya as there is nobody local to me where I can find it to try it. I had this issue when I purchased the Solton X1, I was going to go for the PSR9000pro at the time (as I was a little dissapointed with my GEM WK8) but the PSR9000pro didn't sound amazingly different to the PSR8000 and the X1's demo's blew me away, especially the percussions and some of the acoustic sounds were authentic compared to anything at the time, I think many would agree here too, however, I had to go through many X1's before I finally found one that worked, I think I went through 4 of them, in the end I think the stockists had to "create" a fully working one by taking apart all the faulty ones which really put me off Ketron, I was hoping it was an isolated case but unfortunately I read most people had a bad experience with the X1, eg, failing HD, speaker only working on once side, dispay was flickering and so on.

When I first heard the Audya, I was very impressed but then I was instantly taken back to the memories of the X1, I know they are different keyboards but that's the resons why I don't own a GEM or Ketron because each time I've had one they've broken down, the WK8 just completed died on me and required the entire motherboard to be replaced which would cost a fortune, in the end I had to part exchange it towards a PA80.

Hearing the Tyros 3, I think it has the potential the sound as good as the Audya and hearing it live sounded incredible however I didn't make the choice then, I wanted to be absolutely sure. Also, I am a bit rusty since I've not played properly for a long time and I think the support Yammys have is amazing.

So yes, experience is a good thing to have and I've spent so much money on these beauties, each offering something lovely but also some annoyances but if I had to be fair, the best "fun" I've had with keyboards has been with the Yammys and my PSR8000 never broke down once, the same can be said for my PA1X, I bought that from the day of it's release and I still have it in perfect condition and it's never crashed on me so that's important too.

It would be great to hear a mini review by someone who's got both and have good experience of both. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

Oh and I agree with you about Korg, the first Korg I owned was a PA60 (which I gave to my dad when upgrading to a PA80) and to be honest you can certainly tell that the PA60 and PA1x are related! Any of the PA's that are available now don't sound any different to my PA1x, not a bad thing, just I think they've kind of hit a brick wall, something Yamaha did with the PSR series. No doubt Korg will throw something incredible soon enough!

Take Care
Danny

Danny is that true every Ketron you have bought has broken down, I'm worried even more now.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#280072 - 01/26/10 10:33 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
DannyUK Offline

Tony, the X1 and Audya are two very different boards so I hope that it won't happen to you. I don't know much about the release of Audya but I remember the X1 was released without properly being tested, it was rushed out of production and it showed.

#280073 - 01/26/10 10:48 AM Re: Just bought a Tyros 3
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Tony, the X1 and Audya are two very different boards so I hope that it won't happen to you. I don't know much about the release of Audya but I remember the X1 was released without properly being tested, it was rushed out of production and it showed.

I had an X1 for a long time and never had any of the problems that you had. But every board is different. I did have a problem with the display of the XD9, it flickered but older Ketron USA, took care of it right away. I still have buddies that use the X1 every weekend since purchasing it almost 10 years ago.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online