Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 27 of 37 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37 >
Topic Options
#265277 - 08/06/09 12:59 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
diki read what you have writing and then tel domenico that he is arrogant!

please calm down!

a topic is about writing and reading your opinion. for demo you most be at the door of factory

I think something is getting lost in translation, here...

I AM writing my opinion! Thing is, if I have an opinion about the G70, I am willing to back up said opinion with some friggin' MUSIC. I don't expect ANYBODY to believe what I say, when I am completely unwilling to show that I actually know a damn thing about what I am posting.

Trouble is, no-one with an MS is willing to do this. They talk, and they talk, and they talk about how great the MS is. No-one seems to ever make any MUSIC... To busy talking, perhaps?

Talk with your fingers. Talk with your MS. Stop TELLING us how great the MS is, and SHOW us.

If you consider that arrogance, that anyone should have the nerve to ask you to prove that your words are correct, please excuse me. Feel free to be arrogant to me, any time you like

I can tell you how great my G70 is until your are blue in the face. I won't expect you to believe a word unless am capable of posting some music that illustrates my opinion. How about extending us the same consideration? I made postings of my G70 almost as soon as I got it. Some of you have had yours for YEARS now, and still haven't posted a damn thing. What are you ashamed of?

#265278 - 08/06/09 01:11 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
AFG Music Offline

diki you forget things very easy!

you was the one asked me to send MS style without chords playing. and you get what you asked.

#265279 - 08/06/09 01:28 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

And, no offense, but it failed to demonstrate any clear superiority (or in fact, any superiority at all). The translation was flawed, and was obscured by some synth washes that weren't really idiomatic to a bossa... not to mention, it did little in the way of changes (surely you know more than the one chord!) to illustrate how well it handles bass inversion (oops! forgot... it won't even do that, will it?), late chord entry, fills etc..

And, I'm sorry, but posting a translation of a Roland style with few chords isn't exactly playing us YOUR music, is it? That's all we have ever wanted. Many of us here post our own stuff, whether to illustrate points or for something like the SZ eJam (didn't notice a single MS entry), or just to go 'Look at what my arranger and I did!' for the sheer joy of it. Where is the joy of the MS user? For the most part, silent...

Unless you count interminable posting about how much better THEIR keyboard is to anything else. Sorry, but that doesn't count. Music counts. I don't care about HDMI, or motherboards, or I/O specs. I care about MUSIC. Sometimes, I wonder whether MS users do, at all...

#265280 - 08/06/09 01:34 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AFG Music:
diki you forget things very easy!

you was the one asked me to send MS style without chords playing. and you get what you asked.

I never asked for no chord changes. I might have asked for no RH sounds, so I could hear the translation better... But I would definitely want to hear chords changing, as that would be the only way to find out if the different patterns for different chord TYPES got translated well, along with instrument ranges, that sort of thing.

#265281 - 08/06/09 04:25 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And, no offense, but it failed to demonstrate any clear superiority (or in fact, any superiority at all). The translation was flawed, and was obscured by some synth washes that weren't really idiomatic to a bossa... not to mention, it did little in the way of changes (surely you know more than the one chord!) to illustrate how well it handles bass inversion (oops! forgot... it won't even do that, will it?), late chord entry, fills etc..

And, I'm sorry, but posting a translation of a Roland style with few chords isn't exactly playing us YOUR music, is it? That's all we have ever wanted. Many of us here post our own stuff, whether to illustrate points or for something like the SZ eJam (didn't notice a single MS entry), or just to go 'Look at what my arranger and I did!' for the sheer joy of it. Where is the joy of the MS user? For the most part, silent...

Unless you count interminable posting about how much better THEIR keyboard is to anything else. Sorry, but that doesn't count. Music counts. I don't care about HDMI, or motherboards, or I/O specs. I care about MUSIC. Sometimes, I wonder whether MS users do, at all...

With post like that no wonder MS users are not posting any more examples. That is why I always strongly dissuade persons from posting on this forum.

1. There is a cry for MS users to post music. There is a claim that MS users do not post there music. When the facts show otherwise )users contradicting them selves again). MS users have actually posted music as admitted in the quoted post above. In fact, there have been several post where some persons could not believe that there was such a good sound coming from the MS. One of them was a Spanish style.

2. As is demonstrated in this thread, whether a style or a sound is good is VERRY subjective. Another reason why posting here is pointless and proves nothing.

3. One thing that is certain is that no matter what Good demo gets posted from the MS it would not be greeted with approval by the MS haters. That is an absolute. If I am wrong, 3 years from now tell me if there is any post to the contrary.

4. The MS haters (who actually don’t have an MS), want to tell happy gigging MS users how to use their keyboard and what works for them. What may work for some may not work for others.

5. If I were a new MS user, even if I had the “best” styles and playing technique, I would never post a demo on this forum after reading these post on the MS.
It is too controversial and too too much hate.

#265282 - 08/06/09 05:16 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
mr9000 Offline

Perhaps..Would some kind soul lend/borrow Diki a Mediastation?
SO much would be permanantly settled!
Also i would be willing to bet $1000 he would'nt give a rats ass if anybody talked trashed about his freshly released MS's uploaded songs!!!!

#265283 - 08/06/09 07:16 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
Diki Offline

I don't give a rats ass if anyone trashes my G70 postings, either...! I don't put them up in the expectation that everybody will like them, and if some don't, it's not going to stop me from posting ever again. I put them up so everyone knows what I'm talking about, rather than having to guess. I put them up because I AM happy with my sound and operation. And, if I'm happy with it, that's good enough for me! Lord knows, there's enough people on this forum that didn't like the G70. Am I supposed to run away like a baby, just because some don't agree with me about everything? (fat chance them ever doing that, anyway! )

I've got issues with the OS and operation of the Audya... doesn't stop me from praising it when I hear something that sounds good. Which I have. When I hear something good on the MS, I praise that, too. Trouble is, that has been few and far between. If you are unwilling to post something on the MS because you MIGHT get a negative reaction, what does that say about your self confidence in your opinion..? You sure don't mind posting words to the effect of it's superiority, over, and over and over again. A MAN is willing to provide example. The rest hide behind excuses.

Just ask yourself this.... You put up your best MS work, and say no-one likes it. Has the world stopped turning? Has the End of Days arrived? Are you going to go home and never turn it on again? Hell no! Of course that won't happen.

So just, exactly, what have you got to lose?

#265284 - 08/06/09 07:38 PM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
mr9000 Offline

Well there you have it.
A most perfect situation for a keyboard company to offer a totally non biased keyboard player.What a way to promote a keyboard and let a common folk dabble with it for say 3-6weeks,it would be a most remarkable,mezmorizing read here for me & others here on the great synthzone..i plead with the makers of MS to manifest such a reality of seasonal usage for Diki!
What a way to promote a product in the meanwhile to!I cannot for the life of me see why such a thing would fail to manifest unless shipping a keyboard is to expensive for a company as MS to do. I suspect a tax break for shipping even as a business expense..imagine if a good report on it was the end result!..that would probably mean at least 2 would be sold immediatly.What's to loose except eternal text on how good it is.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 08-06-2009).]

#265285 - 08/07/09 01:09 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Mediastation using Qranger Arranger program and VST Solo voices

Mediastation Qranger arranger.flv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63S5PCbR8ro

Maybe not everyones style of music, but thats down to the user to make the Mediastaion what they want.

Personally the Mediastaion is not for me, but it is very flexible.

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 08-07-2009).]

#265286 - 08/07/09 01:19 AM Re: New Video Added by Lionstracs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Mediastaion Live

Mediastation on Live Stage Preconcert.flv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avo7V6H5VWY

Page 27 of 37 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 36 37 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online